NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Win 55 games and come a shitty call away from the ECF? Not much of a drop-off from losing the greatest ever.

Truth is Jordan won nothing until he was surrounded by other Hall of Fame players with a Hall of Fame coach.

From your description of the Finals BOTH teams are great and right at the cusp so you're literally losing to the best team that year if you're in the Finals and not win it. So there is shame in that but not shame in getting swept out of the first round.

I guess.

LeBron also took a terrible squad to the ECF at 22, the age Jordan was getting tossed in the first round.

LeBron has played 14 seasons and gotten to the Finals 8x, 7 in a row.

Jordan played 15 seasons and got their 6x, with an 18 month layoff in between.

Let's not forget the East was so good back in those seasons Jordan was getting tossed the first round that they were making the playoffs with 30ish win seasons lol.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Win 55 games and come a shitty call away from the ECF? Not much of a drop-off from losing the greatest ever.

What a surprise, a Lebron fanboy is blaming the refs for Jordan being a greater player

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Hey that call was hotly contested by almost everyone back then. Articles about it to this day. But it's cool.

Let's talk about this amazing roster LeBron went to the 07 finals with!

2006-07 Cleveland Cavaliers Roster and Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

It's fact: LeBron took worse teams to the Finals while playing against better teams.

Jordan had some of the best teams ever and played some bad ones.

The ONLY legitimate ding in LeBron's armor is 2011 vs Dallas. Period.

LeBron Has Had Much Weaker Supporting Casts than Michael Jordan and Faced Much Better Teams in the Finals

Last edited:

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Actually,

Who's had better teammates, LeBron James or Michael Jordan?

It's much more accurate. LBJ only having one really good supporting cast? Obviously, they didn't watch the Heat or his team last year. To think Kyrie and Love aren't top 20 players is the true idiocy that writer mentioned. You have the best player in the NBA...and two other superstars but those teams sucked. Such a stupid article Gaige keeps parroting out to vindicate him. It doesn't. That article is trash.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Much more accurate? My article is about the Finals not anything else. Your article is conjecture and isn't stat based at all lol.

They may be top 20 players but they'll be facing much better opposition on Golden State.

Which, yet again, proves my point.

Then of course your opinion based article goes on to mention the "chasm" between the two is the volume shooting that Jordan did. Woop ti do. LeBron isn't, wasn't and will never be a volume shooter or scorer. Efficiency and playmaking is what he does.

• 1Salty

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Much more accurate? My article is about the Finals not anything else. Your article is conjecture and isn't stat based at all lol.

They may be top 20 players but they'll be facing much better opposition on Golden State.

Which, yet again, proves my point.

Then of course your opinion based article goes on to mention the "chasm" between the two is the volume shooting that Jordan did. Woop ti do. LeBron isn't, wasn't and will never be a volume shooter or scorer. Efficiency and playmaking is what he does.

Golden State had 3 stars last year and so did the Cavs. Sorry that the facts don't support your bullshit. Your article was full of 'stats' and hyperbole. Just one admitted fanboi rating all of the late Jordan teams as top 6 contenders and all of Lebron's as utter shit. Sorry, those Heat teams weren't shit. Neither was last year's team that beat a 73 win team. Oh, yeah. Lebron beat them solo. My bad...dumbass.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
And the Cavs won. Despite that Warriors team winning 73 games and having the unanimous MVP.

The year before they had 3 and the Cavs had 1 and it went six games.

This year they have 4 (two MVPs) to the Cavs 3. They're huge favorites to beat the Cavs for the 3rd year in a row.

Lol full of stats! How dare I link articles with facts!

The 2011 Heat team should've won. The other Heat teams were plagued by injuries and won anyway, except against that Spurs squad that was way better than the Heat that year thanks to the emergence of Kawhi and still a formidable big 3.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The 2011 Heat team should've won. The other Heat teams were plagued by injuries and won anyway, except against that Spurs squad that was way better than the Heat that year thanks to the emergence of Kawhi and still a formidable big 3.

They "should've" won. The Bulls "should've" gone to the ECF. You saying your arguments are fact based despite ignoring actual history and getting easily verifiable facts wrong is laughable. When will you admit Lebron's a total beta cuck for accepting less than the max?

Anyways, Kyrie carries the Cavs to 1 somewhat close game while showing true heart in all of them, but Lebron disappears in the 4th of every game and GSW wins in 4.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I'm saying the links I posted were fact based. Anything else is obviously my opinion.

If that's too difficult a concept for you to grasp I can bold my opinions or something to bring it down a couple grade levels for you.

As for my prediction, GSW in 5 despite LeBron leading both teams in all significant categories 3 years in a row.

My "max" comment had to do with him being tied with Bosh as the highest paid player on those Heat teams. Of the Big 3, Wade was paid the least all 4 years.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Let's not forget the East was so good back in those seasons Jordan was getting tossed the first round that they were making the playoffs with 30ish win seasons lol.

Lol. Are you trying to claim the East back then was not better than it has been in recent years? Come on Gaige. Live in reality man. Look what happened when Pippen didn't have Michael. Bulls did nothing after Jordan retired, and couldn't even get to ECF without him when he was playing baseball. Pippen wouldn't be the best player on any of the dynasty teams. No one else on the Bulls back then compares to today's super teams. Just laughable at this point. You came at the King, and you missed.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Sub 500 teams aren't making the playoffs in the East. Especially teams that went 30-52.

A 67 win team was #1 and the 8th seed won 30 games. At least the 8th seed this year won 41 games.

Have to go back to 2015 to find a sub 500 team making the East playoffs and they won 38 games.

Plus #1 seed this year won 53 games. So. Ya. That's what I'm saying.

Also the East/West disparity this year wasn't near as bad as it was 5 years ago. You have GS/Spurs and everyone else and the Blazers were a 500 team 8th seed as well.

My God the Jordan first retirement BS again. He left they won 55 games and were a bad call away from thr ECF. LeBron went to the Heat and the Cavs won 19 games without him.

Cavs 61 with LeBron 19 without him.

Bulls 57 with Jordan 55 without him.

Wow such a huge dropoff for the Bulls.

Are you even serious with this shit?

Let's go further. 66 in 09 61 in 10 with Lebron.

19, 21, 24, 33 when LeBron was in Miami for a grand total of 97 wins.

They won 30 less games in 4 years without LeBron than they did in 2 years with him.

Not to mention 3 straight Finals since his return.

Pippen is probably, at this point, the most underrated player in NBA history. It's sad you have to demolish him in order to try to prop Jordan up.

Scottie leading the Bulls in 93/94:

22, 8.7, 5.6 assists, 2.9 steals, 49% shooting.
All-Star MVP. 1st Team All-NBA, 1st Team All-Defense.
55 wins for the team. 3rd in MVP voting. 4th in PER.

For comparison that's 3 less points, more assists and more steals than Durant this year.

Ya, what a beta nobody lol.

Last edited:

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Comparing different eras is stupid. You're all stupid.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow Jordan won 3 more rings while playing 3 less series?

Dude really is the GOAT

Gaige needs his attention. I know it's hard not to reply to his idiocy. I can't blame you. He honestly is worse than Mippo, imho.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 2 users