NBA 2016 Off-Season Thread

thefaceless

Golden Squire
Won't Curry and Durant able to sign new contracts after this coming season? I'm not informed of the new salary numbers, but will the Warriors even be able to sign both of them to max contracts? Are they going all in for this year with Durant, then letting one of them go next year?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They'll be able to keep both but they will have to lose Iguodala. It will be the most top heavy and thin team ever.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Once they're on your team for three years, you can resign them and go over the cap. So I imagine the plan would be to resign Durant while under the cap (assuming he stays), then sign Curry/Thompson to go over the cap. I'm not certain about this, though.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It doesn't quite work like that because bird rights create a cap hold unless a team renounces those rights. It is why they will probably lose Iggy. Durant will not have bird rights so he will count as a FA and they will need cap room again next year to resign him but Curry and Iggy will create cap holds for GSW at the same time, taking up cap room.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My sixers are up to something. Lots of chatter from local insiders. Something is going down. My guess it's with the Bulls/heat. I'm hoping it ends with us getting a young player with upside.

Edit- we might just be a dumping ground so Bulls can sign Wade. Sounds like that's where he's headed.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm not surprised with Wade going to Chicago. He gets paid and it sets up a good narrative for him about returning to his hometown. It really sounds like Pat Riley is great at alienating key players though. First Lebron and now Wade.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Riley has always been a dick. An effective, successful dick. But a dick nevertheless. Dickery like that eventually wears thin especially with people from the last two generation. Ain't gonna put up with that level of dickitude.

And 6 mill more over two years gets even weaker when you factor in state taxes.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I've never been a fan of Wade, but this is one of the few times where I would have lost (more) respect for someone if they had stayed with their team. Riley shot himself in the foot because now it's apparent that anyone that agrees to take less money now for a later payday from him is a chump. Good luck convincing anyone to do that for you again.

Also, his last game in Miami was getting beat by the Raptors. I love it.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Wade took less for Miami to win over the years. They kind of fucked him.
Most likely his money was a net gain in endorsements for winning championships, if he feels slighted for taking a couple million less but getting to go to 4 straight nba finals that's kind of a self entitled mentality tbh. The reality is he's old now, even on a two year deal he'd be 37 at the end of it.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Wade has never been the highest paid player on the Heat, I would have said fuck yall to.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Wade has never been the highest paid player on the Heat, I would have said fuck yall to.
This. Guy has been a consistent part of all those great teams. Gets fucked by management year after year while seeing inferior talent get similar deals. I hope this explodes in Riley's face. I'm sure he(Riley) takes a lot of credit for four finals teams that did most of it...on their own.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most likely his money was a net gain in endorsements for winning championships, if he feels slighted for taking a couple million less but getting to go to 4 straight nba finals that's kind of a self entitled mentality tbh. The reality is he's old now, even on a two year deal he'd be 37 at the end of it.
Yea.. Sorry dude, he took less so the team could win and the franchise could make more money. Owner prob make a killing over that span. They should have just paid him. He not only recruited and lead those teams. He literally paved the way.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Yeah right 4 straight nba finals cause of him and not lebron /jerkoff motion

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm sad that we never got to see the fresh, healthy Heat team they had constructed, in the playoffs. Dragic/Bosh/Wade/Whiteside was intriguing. I thought that full team could have pushed the Cavs, but no dice.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Yeah right 4 straight nba finals cause of him and not lebron /jerkoff motion
Are you saying Lebron could have taken those Heat teams to 4 straight finals without Wade cause that's just as laughable. Lebron was certainly the best player but he's not winning 2 without Wade.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
That's besides the point, the point is wade took a couple million less to get lebron and bosh on his team, not a drastic pay cut and the exposure going to 4 straight finals and winning 2, which would have never happened without doing that financially benefited him via endorsement deals more than the couple million he left on the table. If he feels slighted it's almost all out of ego and horse jockeying between players reasons not for some logical reason.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's besides the point, the point is wade took a couple million less to get lebron and bosh on his team, not a drastic pay cut and the exposure going to 4 straight finals and winning 2, which would have never happened without doing that financially benefited him via endorsement deals more than the couple million he left on the table. If he feels slighted it's almost all out of ego and horse jockeying between players reasons not for some logical reason.
Confirmed retard.