NBA 2016 Off-Season Thread

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
How do the Cavs acquire KD in this dumb hypothetical? It isn't possible. Every team in the league is going to end up with some space, but not all of them will have 30 million to spend. Spurs, Raptors, Warriors, Cavs and Clippers won't have enough. If the Clippers are actually offering Blake, then this very logically takes the Cavs out of the picture.

END OF DISCUSSION. It isn't possible.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
What if the Cavs are offering Love? I don't remember what the timing is...I think the Raptors could theoretically sign him before we re-sign (and go over the cap for) DeRozan.
I need to look into the free agency rules. I used to have all this stuff down.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do the Cavs acquire KD in this dumb hypothetical? It isn't possible. Every team in the league is going to end up with some space, but not all of them will have 30 million to spend. Spurs, Raptors, Warriors, Cavs and Clippers won't have enough. If the Clippers are actually offering Blake, then this very logically takes the Cavs out of the picture.

END OF DISCUSSION. It isn't possible.
You know, unless KD says he won't sign with the Clippers, then they can offer their entire team and it doesn't matter. Also, GSW can make room for a max.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty cool article.The numbers say Ben Simmons is unique as a passing big man

In regards to these trade rumors with Okafor/Noel to boston... think people haven't really considered the possible interest the Lakers may have in Noel.. He would be a better fit and Boston offering the #3 for Noel really helped establish his value. There are too many rumors surrounding LA for me to think they are planning on staying put. I find it interesting that rumors swirl about Russell being on the trade block then the sixers having info leak that they love Dunn and our GM saying he wants to trade back into the lottery. My dark horse in this is Noel and maybe a pick to LA for either Russell or that #2.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
It shouldn't surprise anyone but Lebron announced that he intends to defend the Championship and stay in Cleveland just before the parade. Obviously a lot can happen over the next week when free agency starts but you don't say something like that and then do a 180. Unless you're DeAndre Jordan that is. Too soon?

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Utah is sending the No. 12 pick to Atlanta.
Indy sending George Hill to Utah.
Atlanta sending Teague to Indy.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
pretty fair overall. I'm glad, was a lot of rumors of us looking at Teague, I didn't want him but he will do well in Indy with PG13.

Hopefully this trade starts the ball rolling on others.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Chi sending: Rose, Holliday, and a 2nd.
Knicks: Lopez, Grant, Calderon.

Wow, really curious how the salaries match. Practically a salary dump.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I legitimately feel bad for Rose. He has so much potential but he just can't stay healthy for more than 5 minutes. Chicago didn't want to let go of Butler and I think that's smart for them. Butler is the better player right now.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't expecting that. Knicks just seem to be rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Rose isn't very good even when he's healthy anymore. He just doesn't have the explosiveness he used to and all the strengths of his game back when he was really good rely on it. Bulls killed this deal. He's not an impact player anymore, he will continue to miss time to injury until an eventual early retirement, and I can't imagine a worse PG to put in the triangle.

He is a decent marketing move though and only has one more year on his current deal so it's not like there was a ton of risk here. Robin Lopez is a decent player though.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Best comment I read was that with Carmelo, Rose, and possibly Howard, this Knicks team should be a favorite to win the 2010 NBA Championship.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Sunday Richard Jefferson announced he's retiring. Today he says he's going one more year. Both statements are pure emotion so no telling what he does but I think he's got enough in the tank for another year. He's a solid player who knows his role and embraces that.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Best comment I read was that with Carmelo, Rose, and possibly Howard, this Knicks team should be a favorite to win the 2010 NBA Championship.
Beautiful. Yeah imagine this move is to get Rose's name and marketability. Try to bait a Howard or Whiteside in. Certainly not ideal, but the Knicks have gotta do something.

Ps. What is Simmons' actual height? I know some people were saying 6'10", but from the very vague angle with him next to Embiid, surely he isn't actually 6'10"? Regardless, that guy is just incredibly athletic from a frame near 6'9". If he can develop a shot, or at least go to points of the court other than the basket, my God. Tighten those handles and we could have a mega star. Watching Simmons is the exact reason why letting Dirk maybe go to another team for another ring and completely starting a full-on rebuild is more enticing.

In regards to these trade rumors with Okafor/Noel to boston... think people haven't really considered the possible interest the Lakers may have in Noel.. He would be a better fit and Boston offering the #3 for Noel really helped establish his value. There are too many rumors surrounding LA for me to think they are planning on staying put. I find it interesting that rumors swirl about Russell being on the trade block then the sixers having info leak that they love Dunn and our GM saying he wants to trade back into the lottery. My dark horse in this is Noel and maybe a pick to LA for either Russell or that #2.
Reports are saying Boston is balking at the idea of the #3 pick for either Okafor or Noel as of today. No way they move the 2nd, Ingram is way too enticing. Russell, for Okafor, I could see that.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
6'9.5'' in shoes according to measurements done at the Nike Skills Academy in 2015.