NBA 2020-2021: The Dubs Empire Strikes Back

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only person I feel for is the Suns in 4 guy.

If they would have got it done he would have been a legendary mascot, but instead just a quick footnote.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Rough start to the games for KD & Co. KD is a great player, but he's also a beta. Straight up. Nothing about this dude screams best player in the world.

Luka on the other, beasted a decent Argentina team with 48 10 & 5. If the Mavs don't get him help, I pray he leaves first chance he can to go get his ring(s).

Saw a deal this morning that they were looking at Kyle Lowry.... Meh. I like him, just not sure what he would bring to compliment Luka and he'll probably cost a ton

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A lot of our players are to used to playing the pussy NBA way. International play is an entirely different beast, and the best form of basketball.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Rough start to the games for KD & Co. KD is a great player, but he's also a beta. Straight up. Nothing about this dude screams best player in the world.

Luka on the other, beasted a decent Argentina team with 48 10 & 5. If the Mavs don't get him help, I pray he leaves first chance he can to go get his ring(s).

Saw a deal this morning that they were looking at Kyle Lowry.... Meh. I like him, just not sure what he would bring to compliment Luka and he'll probably cost a ton
I initially felt this way also, but I'm all aboard the Kyle Lowry/Conley pursuit. This team desperately needs a second ball-handler. For instance THJ is assisted on something like 55% of his shots. No one on this team, outside of Luka can create their own shots. Kyle would add that, a great locker room guy, and good defense. All that above applies to Conley as well, just cheaper.

I'd prefer even better players, but there aren't many other options. I'd honestly prefer if they used the money they want to give THJ, and use it on better talent. Shooting is very valuable, but it hurts giving that dude $18-20mm /yr...

• 1Like

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Not sure if this improves the Lakers odds of winning a title but it will surely be entertaining.

Sterling

El Presidente
Not sure if this improves the Lakers odds of winning a title but it will surely be entertaining.
If he can buy in with LA the way Harden did with Brooklyn it's really good. If he wants to continue jacking up 10 bad 3s a game not so much.

Sterling

El Presidente
This seems like a bad fit.
If he buys in and doesn't try to be a volume scorer, it can give LA a ball handler and slasher. They could actually run an offense without Lebron on the floor so he won't have to be among the league leaders in minutes per game at age 104. If Westbrook decides he still wants to take like 10 3s a game shooting like 30 percent it'll be a shitshow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If he buys in and doesn't try to be a volume scorer, it can give LA a ball handler and slasher. They could actually run an offense without Lebron on the floor so he won't have to be among the league leaders in minutes per game at age 104. If Westbrook decides he still wants to take like 10 3s a game shooting like 30 percent it'll be a shitshow.

It'll be a hilarious shit show. I pray to the basketball gods for this to happen.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I really think they're giving up a bit much for a Russell Westbrook at this stage of his career. The other guys are very solid role players and Westbrook can't shoot a three in a league where that's one of the most important skills.

Sterling

El Presidente
He doesn't need to shoot threes though, he needs to be able to run the offense so lebron can play 30 minutes a game and not 38.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Westbrook $44.2m, James $42.2m, Davis $35.4m, Gasol $2.7m.....Lakers gonna need to pray they can get some quality guys for the league minimum.

Jozu

Westbrook gives 1000 percent effort every night and now to be playing for a prime time franchise for the first time in his career? He is going to be like a fireball on the floor in LA. The guy just averaged another triple double for the season, it doesnt matter if he cant shoot, all he has to do is create, which he does better than almost anyone. He consistently leads the league or is in the top 3 in assists, he will also add defensive chops to go along with LeBron and Davis who are both S tier defenders in their own right.

Good luck trying to score in the half-court against Westbrook LeBron and AD triangled up.

• 1Cutler

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
AD is just happy as hell to get LBJ to ride on Westbrooks back a little instead of carrying the entire load. That's a lot to carry for a full season.

Jozu

Westbrook is a pretty good off ball defender. High energy guy who creates turnovers and disrupts passing lanes. he doesnt need to be a lock down perimeter defender with lebron and AD protecting the rim.

Sterling

El Presidente
I feel like people way overcorrected on the general opinion on Westbrook. He was way overrated, now people think he's a scrub. It just comes down to him buying in and being able to run the offense so that they can score when Lebron isn't on the floor. He can do that, and he can still slash to the basket and he can do the pick and roll stuff and he'll at least put the effort in on the other end of the floor. His salary is higher than you'd want, but he does fit what they need pretty well assuming he's not taking 10 terrible 3s a game.