NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Burnem, how are you liking Cutler 8/2 TD/INTs this season vs. Romos 4/4?
Them's the breaks, it won't last, not every team is going to drop 5 int's in one game. Cutler is going to Cutler and Cutler's history shows his best year ever is 7 more TD's than Int's. It's a long season, enjoy it while you can.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
@Brosyar-
Packers are certainly a joke, thanks to arguably the worst most stagnant coaching west of Tom Coughlin. But that does not make the Bears any less of a joke. Packers lucked out on a bad timeout call to sneak a win against the Jets. The Bears needed a free gift from Geno and 14 free points from the Refs and they still barely hung on. I would not use the Jets as a measuring stick. What I would be concerned about (if I were you) is that this season seems to be starting like the last three, where the Bears snake some easy wins from sub par competition while the Packers shit the bed in the rough early weeks. In case you have repressed the memories, these seasons usually end with the Packers eeking out a division title and Cutler pick sixing his way to an early break in January, followed by the Pack getting destroyed by whatever NFC team goes on to the Superbowl. I look forward to our season ending one week after yours, like usual.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
@Brosyar-
Packers are certainly a joke, thanks to arguably the worst most stagnant coaching west of Tom Coughlin. But that does not make the Bears any less of a joke. Packers lucked out on a bad timeout call to sneak a win against the Jets. The Bears needed a free gift from Geno and 14 free points from the Refs and they still barely hung on. I would not use the Jets as a measuring stick. What I would be concerned about (if I were you) is that this season seems to be starting like the last three, where the Bears snake some easy wins from sub par competition while the Packers shit the bed in the rough early weeks. In case you have repressed the memories, these seasons usually end with the Packers eeking out a division title and Cutler pick sixing his way to an early break in January, followed by the Pack getting destroyed by whatever NFC team goes on to the Superbowl. I look forward to our season ending one week after yours, like usual.
Deep inside I know that this is how its going to play out. Sigh.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Scandrick is also trash, side grade at best.

It isn't that they picked a player who isn't living up to his draft spot, it is that they traded up to do it. When you give up multiple picks to get one guy you better be really sure he is going to be great.
Cornerbacks and WR are total crapshoots as top 10 picks - no one ripped the Cowboys at the time for drafting Claiborne. For every Patrick Peterson there are 10 Claiborne's.

I'd be happy if the Cowboys stuck to O-line and D-line in the first round for the next 5 years.

I still think Claiborne can be a solid starter (even if he never lives up to being a 1st round pick) - he's been injured during every offseason and hasn't played in one preseason game yet.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Las Vegas Raiders sounds right.

The Vegas Raiders. That's it. That's perfect.
Would never happen and the reasons for it are so long that it isn't worth the amount of time dedicated to listing them one by one. Though I love the idea of it because of all the things that would possibly happen, though I suggest you change the name to The Vegas Black Sox and draft the first guy named Billy Cole you find out of college just for shits and giggles.

Would never happen and the reasons for it are so long that it isn't worth the amount of time dedicated to listing them one by one. Though I love the idea of it because of all the things that would possibly happen, though I suggest you change the name to The Vegas Black Sox and draft the first guy named Billy Cole you find out of college just for shits and giggles.
Reno Raiders?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cornerbacks and WR are total crapshoots as top 10 picks - no one ripped the Cowboys at the time for drafting Claiborne. For every Patrick Peterson there are 10 Claiborne's.

I'd be happy if the Cowboys stuck to O-line and D-line in the first round for the next 5 years.

I still think Claiborne can be a solid starter (even if he never lives up to being a 1st round pick) - he's been injured during every offseason and hasn't played in one preseason game yet.
And he skipped practice today. Good thing there wasn't any red flags about immaturity like refusing to try on the wonderlic test. Oh wait...

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'd take a day off to if my boss verbally abused me to the public the day before.