NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I do tend to agree CBs seem very hard to grade. I thought Claiboune would be a sure fire corner. I also thought Kirkpatrick for the Bengals was a sure hit as well. Neither really worked out. Lets hope I don't bat .000 and miss on thinking Dennard will be a solid starter as well.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
He could still get it figured out - like I said earlier he hasn't been through a full training camp yet and has had no preseason work - and 3 different D-coords.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, Patrick Robinson for the saints is another first round cb bust. In one of his first outings he intercepted cam newton for a pick 6 so I had been high on him for awhile thinking he would develop into a nice starter, but it just never panned out and looks like he never will get the hang of it. He got benched after week 2 because he lined up offsides on a fucking missed field goal on 4th and 4 giving the browns an automatic first down, football 101.

Its funny the difference in which way the two organization handled the demotion. Dallas you have the owner blasting the guy on public radio; in New Orleans they quietly demoted the guy and Sean Peyton pulled Robinson into his office to point out cornerbacks that have been demoted but came back and had successful careers.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Jerry just parrots to the radio what Stephen and Jason Garrett tell him - I'm sure Garrett would of liked nothing more than to quietly demote the guy. But that's what you have to deal with when your GM has 2 weekly radio appearances on local radio during the season, and Garrett knew that when he took the job.

Jerry just parrots to the radio what Stephen and Jason Garrett tell him - I'm sure Garrett would of liked nothing more than to quietly demote the guy. But that's what you have to deal with when your GM has 2 weekly radio appearances on local radio during the season, and Garrett knew that when he took the job.
Wait, Jerry IS the parrot? I find that extremely hard to believe.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It's pretty obvious that Stephen and Jason have been running the show for the last 3-4 years or so, in private at least. Jerry will always make it seem like he's in charge to the public, for appearances sake.

But Jerry has always parroted what smarter football people tell him when he talks in public/radio - unless you think Jerry came up with those ideas himself.

If Jerry was still making football decisions then they would have drafted Johnny Manziel, re-signed Ware and Hatcher to huge contracts after telling Dez and Tyron Smith they weren't getting new contracts, and wouldn't have drafted Tyron Smith/Travis Frederick/Zach Martin in the first place.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If Jerry was in charge they'd still be making bad decisions justdifferentbad decisions

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
He could still get it figured out - like I said earlier he hasn't been through a full training camp yet and has had no preseason work - and 3 different D-coords.
This just seems like the Jason Campbell argument people always had. Sometimes the guy just isn't good.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I want to believeeeeee....

Cowboys need to stop drafting CBs in the first round. The last two have not panned out well.

Honestly, this is the best thing for both Teddy and the Vikings. He gets real game exposure in a division with mediocre defenses and absolutely zero expectations. The Vikings season got torpedoed when AP got caught beating the shit out of his kid. So just let the kid play QB and hopefully if he has the skills then when next year comes around the team can be competitive.