NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
This. Stephen and Jason are just plain morons. Jerry is at least an exciting and unpredictable moron.
Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, Terrance William, and Zach Martin are better draft picks than anything Jerry and Wade cooked up in their years running the draft.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's that? You wanted to start talking about the Vikings? That's too bad, Cowboy time.

Sure, I can do that. What picture will I have to use?
GbkGPAb.png

et tu, Gravy?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, Terrance William, and Zach Martin are better draft picks than anything Jerry and Wade cooked up in their years running the draft.
Gratz on getting four picks right. How about that Claiborne fuck up? How about the fact they fielded one of the worst defenses in football history last year and didn't really improve it over the offseason? How about the fact the team has been getting progressively worse? But ya, they got four picks right in four years so we are ALL GOOD!

What's that? You wanted to start talking about the Vikings? That's too bad, Cowboy time.
Its funny because its true.

NFC north is shaping up to be a real nice dumpster fire at this point though. Green bay and Chicago have no defenses, and so far green bay doesn't seem to have much of an offense either. You have the Vikings and their issues, and then of course you have the Lions who are pretty much the poster child for unfulfilled potential if the Bengals can actually continue to do well this year and break their recent history of underperformance.

edit: Bears also can't run the ball so far. But that might not be a totally bad thing since we can milk all those nice penalties when DBs try and keep up with Marshall/Jeffries/Bennet.

edited edit: Any Packers fans want to do an Avatar bet for the upcoming game? Standard rules, one week wearing the winners avatar of choice.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its funny because its true.

NFC north is shaping up to be a real nice dumpster fire at this point though.
It's like the opposite of the AFC North where there's 4 legit Super Bowl Favorites!!!

Sorry.

I actually really like the NFC North this year, not having a horse in the race makes them all having huge glaring flaws not matter. Pulling for Detroit mostly just for Megatron(plus Stafford in fantasy). On paper they should be really good with the players they have. Every week the offense should be exciting, but Stafford can't seem to get his head out of his ass for 2 consecutive games.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well 3 quarterback changes this week - Bridgewater in Minnesota, Glennon in Tampa, Blake Bortles in Jacksonville, and none of them with easy matchups.

Should be a fun, interception filled weekend! Most likely to succeed? I would say Glennon, though they are all probably going to get righteously spanked down, at least this week.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone know a good place to stream NFL network from? I'm dying to watch the Sean Taylor 'A Football Life' on Friday.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone in the Miami Dolphins subreddit takes a picture to adequately describe the feeling of being a Dolphins fan.

25x0ZlO.jpg

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Simmons is one of the only reasons to even go to an espn site now and the retards just suspended him for calling out Goodell and then daring his bosses to suspend him.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Gratz on getting four picks right. How about that Claiborne fuck up? How about the fact they fielded one of the worst defenses in football history last year and didn't really improve it over the offseason? How about the fact the team has been getting progressively worse? But ya, they got four picks right in four years so we are ALL GOOD!
Rolando is looking like an absolute steal at this point and the defense, at least after the small sample of 3 games, has been playing much better than last year. They should be getting even better over the next few weeks as some of their best players come back. Scandrick is their top corner and clearly a huge upgrade over Claiborne. Their two best D-linemen Spencer and (hopefully) Lawrence still haven't played a snap yet but Spencer should be back this week and Lawrence in a few weeks.

Claiborne was definitely a fuckup, but nowhere near as bad as the Roy Williams trade. I'm also surprised you left Demarco Murray off that list. He was picked the same draft as Tyron Smith (2011, 3rd round).