NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Simmons is one of the only reasons to even go to an espn site now and the retards just suspended him for calling out Goodell and then daring his bosses to suspend him.
That's awesome. ESPN's been completely dead to me since their forced "QBR" bullshit. I'm glad Simmon's is telling them to go fuck themselves

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
NFL 2 weeks for knocking out a woman.
ESPN 3 weeks for calling Goodell a liar.

Simmons wins this round.

Fuck you ESPN.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not nearly as big on Simmons as I used to be. He wrote his last book, got his TV gigs and I think his articles have really suffered. This suspension is total bullshit though.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I'm not nearly as big on Simmons as I used to be. He wrote his last book, got his TV gigs and I think his articles have really suffered. This suspension is total bullshit though.
My feelings pretty much. I used to read everything he wrote and listen to his podcasts, but ever since Grantland, I've been reading less and less from him. He seems to take himself a lot more seriously than he used to...or maybe it's just more apparent now that he's on tv.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
He takes himself pretty seriously just for the NBA stuff on TV, his NBA previews are pretty funny and I like the podcasts as it's all about trying to tie in cultural or gambling references. Even if he's gone downhill since his heydey it's still a hell of a lot better than everything else ESPN has not to mention most of the Grantland writers he hired are excellent.

Simmons is one of the only media members that can get away with what he's doing. He's big enough that he could quit and just hire writers to turn BillSimmons.com into a sports info & opinion hub. He's one of very few media personalities that could successfully do this without the backing of a major media network like CBS, NBC, Fox...

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Simmons is one of the only media members that can get away with what he's doing. He's big enough that he could quit and just hire writers to turn BillSimmons.com into a sports info & opinion hub. He's one of very few media personalities that could successfully do this without the backing of a major media network like CBS, NBC, Fox...
And a total Boston homer so no surprise you suck his dick.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Rolando is looking like an absolute steal at this point and the defense, at least after the small sample of 3 games, has been playing much better than last year. They should be getting even better over the next few weeks as some of their best players come back. Scandrick is their top corner and clearly a huge upgrade over Claiborne. Their two best D-linemen Spencer and (hopefully) Lawrence still haven't played a snap yet but Spencer should be back this week and Lawrence in a few weeks.

Claiborne was definitely a fuckup, but nowhere near as bad as the Roy Williams trade. I'm also surprised you left Demarco Murray off that list. He was picked the same draft as Tyron Smith (2011, 3rd round).
Tyrone Crawford was another good pick - he's been either the 1st or 2nd highest rated DE by PFF the last two weeks.

Cowboys have definitely been making better decisions lately (letting Ware and Hatcher go included, even if it weakens their defense this year), and it's either because of Garrett or Will McClay - and less of Jerry. Their defense sucks so badly right now because of the absolutely terrible drafts from 2007-2010 when Wade was here - they don't have a single person on the squad from the 2009 draft as far as I know. Completely blowing later round picks for 3 years really affects the depth of your defense.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If the Bengals are a model of a team that's been drafting well (they have) and the Cowboys are a team that started to do things right since 2011, then they should start having similar on-field success (as in, a perennial playoff team) within two years. The current Bengals team outside of three players have all been drafted since 2009. With the only FA signings being Cowboys CB castoffs who have been awesome for us. Seriously. Thanks for Terence Newman. The dude is one of our best corners.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I forsee nothing but good news here.
1) Strong takes Goodells job.
2) Texas rehires the Mack Attack.
3)All is well in the world.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Really interested in the Bironas death, wonder what really happened there.

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Tyrone Crawford was another good pick - he's been either the 1st or 2nd highest rated DE by PFF the last two weeks.

Cowboys have definitely been making better decisions lately (letting Ware and Hatcher go included, even if it weakens their defense this year), and it's either because of Garrett or Will McClay - and less of Jerry. Their defense sucks so badly right now because of the absolutely terrible drafts from 2007-2010 when Wade was here - they don't have a single person on the squad from the 2009 draft as far as I know. Completely blowing later round picks for 3 years really affects the depth of your defense.
The 2009 draft class was bad for all teams, not just the Cowboys.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The 2009 draft class was bad for all teams, not just the Cowboys.
Fact

09 was the first year of the Scott Pioli/Todd Haley regime in Kansas City. Our draft was a total dumpster fire
PJAsRgB.png

What a goddamned disaster. Only decent player was the last pick of the draft, Mr Irrelevant Ryan Succop, he's a solid kicker(still can't believe we got rid of him this year)