NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Jesus Christ the Bengals really turn in to a bunch of autistic kids as soon as they get in a prime time game.
It's really starting to get to me. This is a team, by this season, that by all means we should have dominated the Pats. And our worst play comes out every primetime game. Our entire team is Romo.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We need to start calling Romo Jones because the Bengals are drinking his Kool-aid.

Well, that was a satisfying victory. From it, I think I can nail down a few things:

1. This is one of the best pass defenses in the league
2. They may not be Superbowl bound, but they're deep playoff-run bound
3. A great defense with a good offense always wins in the end

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's really starting to get to me. This is a team, by this season, that by all means we should have dominated the Pats. And our worst play comes out every primetime game. Our entire team is Romo.
It's funny, the only team that played above their heads in the AFCN this week was the fucking Browns.

Well, that was a satisfying victory. From it, I think I can nail down a few things:

Let's not get carried away. For sure they looked a lot better than last week, but it's one home win against a team that's always awful in primetime. Let's see how they do next week in Buffalo.

So it's week 5, there are no undefeated teams, and the only four win teams are the Chargers, Eagles and Cowboys. Fuck I love the NFL.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's funny, the only team that played above their heads in the AFCN this week was the fucking Browns.
Just blame it on this weekend. The O's and Royals are in the ALCS, Ole Miss and Miss. State won big in college football, and the Browns overcame the biggest road deficit in NFL history.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
49ers - Chiefs was pretty enjoyable. The O-line pass protected much better in the first half but then went to shit for half of the 3rd and 4th quarters. I still suspect it has to do with Martin since he came in around then. They have never really faltered in run blocking. I think Kaep makes it hard on them sometimes as well when he scrambles when he should just step up and get rid of the ball one way or the other. That sequence where they went backwards on 3 consecutive plays and nearly backed out of field goal range was just embarrassing but they did get it together somewhat on the last drive.

I think the difference in this game was the fake punt, KC's shitty penalty on 4th down, and Brandon Lloyd's circus catch. Without any of those plays it could have easily been a Chief's win. Also Phil Dawson making 2 50+ yard field goals look like he was kicking 30 yarders. I swear that last one was almost higher than the newly raised uprights and it was from 52 yards.

I felt a little bit sorry for Alex Smith on that last play. I didn't think he had a 80 yard 2 minute drive with not timeouts in him, but that had to be an embarrassing way to end the game at his homecoming.

THIS is why I was happy to hear that we got Brandon Lloyd back in the off season. He has never been a real #1 receiver, but he makes catches like this at least 4 times a season and has for his whole career.

holylloyd.0.gif

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That catch really was quite amazing. He jumps at the perfect time to get above the defender, and then just seems to float for a second.

There were some amazing catches yesterday. That one by Dez was arguably better than that one, and then Jeffrey had that one handed snag as well.

I think i'm finally seeing why he seems to float. Chiefs #21 gets his shoulder under Lloyd when he's at the highest point of his jump. What a crazy catch.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Yeah, when I saw that play live, I was going 'no fucking way he caught that'. Amazing.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I watched that about 15 times, and I have no idea. Did he think Gore was going to pass? Was he trying to block for Gore? Fucking Rookie.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>

I seriously can't believe how knee jerk people are around here.