NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You'll see it this weekend. The Bengals have one of the best defensive lines.
Before last night, I would have said Seattle wins this easily. But this team needed ref help to beat the Kittens at home. Now I am thinking 50/50 if its broadcast nationally, 80/20 Bengals favor if not. Seattle's problems are obvious, but I am not sure how to gauge the Bungles record against who they have faced so far, as the Raiders are arguably the best team they beat (and also the one team they clearly dominated) so they are kind of like this Atlanta style question mark for me.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
NFL released a statement saying they talked to the refs, one says he wasn't in the area and the back judge says he felt like it wasn't an intentional act.

Wasn't an intentional act.....

I fucking hate the NFL sometimes.
Hell, we could tell it was intentional sitting at home in real time.

To be honest, at first, I thought it was a smart play, I had no idea it was against the rules. But the fucking REFEREES should.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Before last night, I would have said Seattle wins this easily. But this team needed ref help to beat the Kittens at home. Now I am thinking 50/50 if its broadcast nationally, 80/20 Bengals favor if not. Seattle's problems are obvious, but I am not sure how to gauge the Bungles record against who they have faced so far, as the Raiders are arguably the best team they beat (and also the one team they clearly dominated) so they are kind of like this Atlanta style question mark for me.
If you look at the coverage maps most of the Bengals games this year have been widely televised as the national game for 1

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The only chance I think the Seahawks have this weekend, barring retarded injuries, is if it ends up being a defensive battle and our special teams or our defense scores for us. By all rights we should get blown out by the Bengals.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also, that DraftKings guy winning money on FanDuel is a stupid story. They try to say it's fucking fraud when he's playing on a different site with a different playerbase and different stats. GTFO.
The biggest surprise to me about that story is both Fanduel and Draftkings allow their employees to play (gamble) at other sites at all. It is interesting there is zero oversight also considering the amount of money that changes hands.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
The only chance I think the Seahawks have this weekend, barring retarded injuries, is if it ends up being a defensive battle and our special teams or our defense scores for us. By all rights we should get blown out by the Bengals.
or have the same officiating crew as yesterday. I bet my Tuesdays underwear that the refs didn't even know that it was a foul at the time of the play. They only learned it after and then acted like some didn't see it and it felt like it wasn't intentional.

gotta love the intensity on the refs' face.

rrr_img_112073.jpg

Tenks

or have the same officiating crew as yesterday. I bet my Tuesdays underwear that the refs didn't even know that it was a foul at the time of the play. They only learned it after and then acted like some didn't see it and it felt like it wasn't intentional.

spoilered for size and stuff

rrr_img_112073.jpg
There is a 100% chance he did not know the rule. My boy Bobby Carpenter is going off on sports talk this morning. He wants this ref fired yesterday. I can't blame him. Judgement call you disagree with? Ok, fine. Whatever. Not knowing the rules? Fired.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I agree, I don't think the refs knew the rule. I don't think many knew the rule. Then because its not reviewable they can't toss the flag even after the booth review of whether or not its a TD.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Should have been called. Lions get ball 1st and goal inside the 1. Let the lines decide the outcome. Likely at worst would be a tie game with Seattle possibly having time to take the lead again.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
How many more blown calls until the Seahawks are the Seahawks*?
First they have to prove the seahawks more likely than not knew that the refs were being paid off. Second, someone with as big a name as brady or belicheck has to be shown to have been generally aware of it. And therein lies the rub. The seahawks don't have anyone with names that big. Maybe Marshawn Lynch, but as little as he speaks, you'd have trouble proving he is more likely than not generally aware of his name.

On a completely unrelated note, I just now noticed that a black guy has a last name of lynch. WTF were his ancestors up to? I'm glad I noticed though, because laughing at Aryan Foster's name was getting old.

There is a 100% chance he did not know the rule. My boy Bobby Carpenter is going off on sports talk this morning. He wants this ref fired yesterday. I can't blame him. Judgement call you disagree with? Ok, fine. Whatever. Not knowing the rules? Fired.
How the fuck do they not know the rule? It's not new, hasn't it been a rule for a decade? Even I knew the rule and I think I've only seen it called once.

Tenks

It is pretty intuitive a rule as well. Really the only way to manipulate field position (outside of sp teams) is to secure the ball and advance it. You can't just start kicking and batting the fucking thing around.

Tenks

When the Steelers become Steelers* for the the super bowl then won over the Seahawks with heavy ref help?
That game was shit by both teams. The NFL should have declared at half time no one was the winner and gone home.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
To be fair, I don't think any good teams have played each other yet. There are like five good teams and 27 terrible to not good teams.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
The biggest surprise to me about that story is both Fanduel and Draftkings allow their employees to play (gamble) at other sites at all. It is interesting there is zero oversight also considering the amount of money that changes hands.
Its absolutely cheating if they are taking their data and figuring out who is being underplayed in their pools and then applying toward the other site. The data and trends are probably really similar when looking at the big numbers. Most people can think or hope they have that sleeper pick, but the people with the access to the actual data know for certain.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That ball was going out anyways with zero chance of a detroit recovery. I'm not sure of the intent on that rule but I think in that situation it would be a helluva retarded penalty. So some guy bats a ball at the back of the end zone that was going out anyways and you think they should lose possession and give the ball back on the 1? After the amazing play to knock it free and save the game?

That's the kind of penalty there SHOULD be some fucking judgement used.

I'd say the Cards were MORE fucked on that forward progress fumble by the Rams they gave back to the Rams. Stop blowing shit dead early and let the review handle it.

But hey, after getting fucked by bullshit calls all the time it's nice to have a few in your favor. They're still paying Seattle back for that Steelers Super Bowl.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider

rrr_img_112073.jpg
not a Lions player to be found. Have no issues with this missed call.

I don't get why you're allowed to hold a player after a ball is fumbled though. A lot of times a RB will fumble, everyone knows he fumbles and when he runs after balls someone will grab him from behind and bring him to the ground.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Its absolutely cheating if they are taking their data and figuring out who is being underplayed in their pools and then applying toward the other site. The data and trends are probably really similar when looking at the big numbers. Most people can think or hope they have that sleeper pick, but the people with the access to the actual data know for certain.
Wtf are you even talking about?