NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Max Unger would like to have a word with you.
I don't think Max Unger was going to be a Seahawk this year anyway. With his contract where it was and the amount of injuries he had had over the course of his career I doubt seriously he was still on the team. I think we traded him cause we were going to cut him regardless.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Anyone got a gif of the entire play? Or at least from the strip to the bat? I tried to find one and all I could find were separate gifs showing each one.

The bat looked like some pussy shit. Like he was playing volleyball and trying to set it. Unless he's openly gay he should have been penalized for acting like a fag.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Anyone got a gif of the entire play? Or at least from the strip to the bat? I tried to find one and all I could find were separate gifs showing each one.

The bat looked like some pussy shit. Like he was playing volleyball and trying to set it. Unless he's openly gay he should have been penalized for acting like a fag.
He's not as used to taking balls to the face as Romo.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
People downplaying the penalty are being dumb. You assume that he could have just grabbed it, but if that was the case why didn't he do it? What if he tried to grab it but in his excitement bumbled it and a Lions player was able to get there in time and recover it? Was it going to go out on it's own anyway? Possibly, but you don't know for sure. You can't simply dismiss the penalty because X, Y, or Z was going to happen anyway. None of those other things happened, but you know what did happen? Him knocking the ball out of bounds illegally. It was an absolute missed call, and the Seahawks once again got lucky.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
how was it inconsequential? the seahawks would've lost the game.

So when the Packers & Seahawks make the playoffs and the Seahawks have 1 more win than the Pack and get homefield advantage throughout.. will that call still be inconsequential?
Inconsequential to the play numbnuts.

It probably wasn't going out of bounds on its own and I would have laughed my ass off had they called it and the shithawks lost, but for lions fans to piss and moan like a great injustice was done is pathetic.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People downplaying the penalty are being dumb. You assume that he could have just grabbed it, but if that was the case why didn't he do it? What if he tried to grab it but in his excitement bumbled it and a Lions player was able to get there in time and recover it? Was it going to go out on it's own anyway? Possibly, but you don't know for sure. You can't simply dismiss the penalty because X, Y, or Z was going to happen anyway. None of those other things happened, but you know what did happen? Him knocking the ball out of bounds illegally. It was an absolute missed call, and the Seahawks once again got lucky.
Agree.

Rule is a rule, and weird stuff happens with footballs bouncing around. Maybe the Lions get it at the 1 and dont score, but ref definitely deserves to be fired for not knowing the rule.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

It probably wasn't going out of bounds on its own and I would have laughed my ass off had they called it and the shithawks lost, but for lions fans to piss and moan like a great injustice was done is pathetic.
It bounced backwards

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Well it absolutely should have been called but its over and an 0-3 team moves to 0-4.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Shit, late hits are usually inconsequential to the play, but we still call them. Great injustice as far as the result of this game is perfectly legit. Ball on the half yard line? Likely taking the lead, in almost all scenarios at worst a field goal to tie the game up.

again WHAT are you talking about? that lost them a game... an injustice was done.

there's only 16 fucking games in the season.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
How does "it probably wasn't going out of bounds on its own" even make any sense in the context of a football falling to the ground?

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I think you're all missing my point. That point being that loins fans are sad pathetic people that have more to worry about than a blown call.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
You're right, I should be bitching about last years playoff game against the Cowboys. Back to back years of ref injustice!

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
That blown call puts them on the 6 inch line. Maybe they go 4 and out there, but probably not regardless they should of been allowed the chance. No one likes when the ref's accidently take that away by fucking up a call. Especially when replay is involved on a turnover / potential scoring play and you have people in NY looking at this stuff to help make the right calls.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
That blown call puts them on the 6 inch line.
You people keep saying this like I don't understand what it implies if the penalty was called. I'm really sorry that the refs stole one of your 4-6 wins your team will get this year. You should actually be thanking them for improving your draft position.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You people keep saying this like I don't understand what it implies if the penalty was called. I'm really sorry that the refs stole one of your 4-6 wins your team will get this year. You should actually be thanking them for improving your draft position.
This is EXACTLY how I'd feel about a Rams game in this situation. Thanks for improving our draft position and maybe we can fire our shitty coach after the season! (so we can waste it on a project and hire someone equally as bad)