NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

moontayle

Golden Squire
They're drafting a QB. With Goff and Wentz off the board my money is on Prescott/Hackenburg in the 3rd. Or Lynch if he falls far enough for Dallas to hop back into the 1st.

Their first round pick hinges entirely on San Diego. If SD picks Tunsil, Dallas goes Ramsey. If SD picks Ramsey I would expect Dallas to trade back with a LT-needy team, and if they can't work out a favorable deal they take Elliot. Hopefully if they trade back they don't go so far back that Elliot is off the board by the time it comes back around to them. I don't see them taking Bosa, all "insider" talk coming out the last few days doesn't even mention him.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
They're drafting a QB. With Goff and Wentz off the board my money is on Prescott/Hackenburg in the 3rd. Or Lynch if he falls far enough for Dallas to hop back into the 1st.

Their first round pick hinges entirely on San Diego. If SD picks Tunsil, Dallas goes Ramsey. If SD picks Ramsey I would expect Dallas to trade back with a LT-needy team, and if they can't work out a favorable deal they take Elliot. Hopefully if they trade back they don't go so far back that Elliot is off the board by the time it comes back around to them. I don't see them taking Bosa, all "insider" talk coming out the last few days doesn't even mention him.
Did you watch the pre-draft presser, Jerry made it a point over and over they are going to use the 4th pick and they wouldn't have any issues selecting Tunsil. If you watched it, Garrett's face was stone before he said it and matching shit eating grins appeared on Jason and Stephens faces after. I think that was a message to the teams inquiring about Tunsil, the thought of Tunsil as our RT just cracks me the fuck up.

Trades that make the most sense to me is SF/TB/Cle with Tennessee as a long shot. They go any higher than TB and you risk someone moving up in front and taking Elliot, trade back further and Elliot will most likely be gone. Hackenbergh with 67 is what I expect and hope, what scares me the most is using 34 and 67 to move to 21-26 to grab Lynch.

moontayle

Golden Squire
2 wins against Iggles, 1 against NYG and Washington. Browns, Ravens, Bucs, Lions, Vikings, Bears, 49ers. That's 11.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bradford has never won more than 7 games in a season, his best season ever was 7-7...DELUSIONAL
It'll be a lot of running and Defense this year, He wont be expected to win games on his arm

And just remember.. Chip Kelly with Sam Bradford and butt fumble managed to win more games last year than your cowboys. Let that sink in a bit :) Chip Kelly, Sam Bradford and Butt Fumble.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It'll be a lot of running and Defense this year, He wont be expected to win games on his arm

And just remember.. Chip Kelly with Sam Bradford and butt fumble managed to win more games last year than your cowboys. Let that sink in a bit :) Chip Kelly, Sam Bradford and Butt Fumble.
That may be more insulting if the Cowboys didn't have Garret who is just a puppet for JJ and started a 50 year old ginger 2nd year at QB

Tenks

I think Bradford and Sanchez are better than the trash Dallas started at QB last season

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

Romo won nearly half the games that your team did in 4 games, 2 of them breaking his collarbone. Don't need you tell me that Cowboys suck with out Romo, I've been screaming that shit on this site for nearly a decade.

Tenks

Which is why I think they should take Zeke and pray Romo's rebar shoulder holds up for the season. The Cowboys can be a super bowl contender with Zeke I feel and Romo staying healthy. But just adding Bosa I think just makes them a playoff team. If I were the Cowboys I'd go all-in on this season to try and win a ring with Romo. If not they seriously need to address their QB position and there isn't a good way of doing that this season.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Romo is done, do you guys honestly think he can make a whole season and a playoff run? That's crazy.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since Bradford has came into the league, who has started more games in the regular season Romo or Bradford?
I think you're confused about my love? for Bradford? It's not very high.. I don't see him as a guy that will get us to the promise land, I just think he's our best bet to be competitive next season.

Tenks

People are crazy of they think Zeke is worth the 4th pick.
I think this is where the notion of "worth" gets muddy. In the long term Bosa is probably a better investment. But in the short term Zeke is an NFL ready tailback and the Cowboys proved with a complete every-down RB behind Romo they're an outstanding offense. Which is why I said go all-in and get Zeke and try to win. If they take Bosa I feel the window for Romo is closed and they need to find their new starting QB.