NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
H

So Josh Gordon to the Pats where he becomes part of the next top QB/WR duo and they win 3 more Superbowls?
Wouldn't last a month on the Pats.

The Chargers how ever have a need and there is a thread about getting this guy for a month or more on Bolts from the Blue.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
No, it's not over. It's the first year of his third offensive system,

I mostly despise this excuse. IF the fucking guy was good enough he wouldn't be on his third offensive system / coach. Just happens to be easier to fire the coaching staff and muddle around in mediocrity than firing a shit bird like Tannehill and picking out a winner in the draft.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rams would be his best fit. I'd love to see him in Pittsburgh too, but we already have enough dipshits. Him and AB would be lulzworthy to defend ;(

Neki

Molten Core Raider
So true

Csw7COmUEAA-a6c.jpg

• 2Cutler
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Stop putting non-compelling shitty games on national TV and maybe viewership would go back up.

I also think the NFL and tv networks got greedy with the games every Thursday and two night games on Sunday, in addition to Monday night football. It's just too many games for people to stay invested in watching. Once you give up, it's easy to settle on highlights

• 1Solidarity

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LOL, guy literally could not be more wrong. The people who want more discipline for off the field issues don't watch football anyway and were never going to start watching. I'd rather see the best players playing and go back to not knowing how many people he's killed or lines of coke he snorts in a night.
Well he did say possible.

I think the NFL is going to be scrambling, and its a combination of most of the things in the article. I know Mark Cuban said the NFL was getting so greedy it would haunt them down the road, and that's what we are seeing when you have a bunch of crappy games on Thursday night. Monday Night Football was *the* thing back in the day, now the games usually suck, SNF games are typically better and its just a case of oversaturation. The NFL is on all the time, then you have home games in fucking London for some teams which just pisses those fans off.

I would also add fans are definitely not a fan of Heir Goodell also, and his neutering with the No Fun League with fines for everything. I also think the game has become such a finesse passing driven game that the big hits have disappeared due to the concussion/CTE information that's out there too. Those NFL films biggest hits videos were always fan favorites for a reason. But I dont see how you undo that at this point. Pussification of Murica, I guess

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I remember Cuban just getting roasted in the news about what he said. I've read what Richard Sherman has had to say the last few days and he is absolutely right. The owners could give a shit about the players when it is said and done as long as that greedy $$$ keeps coming in. I love watching the players play but the league itself is corrupt and its starting to show.

• 1Cutler

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
NFL needs to get with the times and have some truly awesome online live-streaming.

I want to live in a world where I can watch every snap live on any of the 7+++ cameras, then switch and watch any replays I want from other angles during the commercial breaks, while having my choice of listening to either local radio broadcast, or the TV announcers. without ads.
(If they allowed sports bars to have access to something like this it would usher in a new era, and totally change the viewing experience.)

Obviously this would really hurt TV ratings, and ticket sales, and thus will never happen. But I can dream dammit.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I agree, they have diluted the brand some with so many games on various days. Short of being a crazed fanatic, which you'd have Sunday ticket, it is hard to really care about a lot of the games. Especially with many teams perpetually sitting in the shitter.

The NFL's meteoric rise in popularity wasn't going to continue forever. The brand is bound to plateau (has already) and experience the inevitable decline.

I think the biggest problem for the NFL over the next 5 years is going to be replacing the current crop of great athletes, especially at QB, with players from College that are not playing in NFL type systems. In addition, getting parity back among the bottom half the league.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The brand is diluted but they are also guilty of pushing a brand of football that isn't sustainable. It's all about the QBs, WRs, and watching a scoring fest. That gets old especially when it's a QB driven league now...and about half of the QBs suck or are average. Nothing is worse than seeing two shitty QBs duking it out and the one with an AJ Green wins out with FGs. You get lucky with a Wentz, Rapistberger, or Brady...or you shit the bed with a RGKnee, Foles, Tannehill, Geno Smith,etc. Nobody wants to watch Geno Smith play anything outside of 'How fast can Geno get a pressure ulcer on the bench?" Tune out again this week.

• 1Like

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
100% agree Kedwyn. If the NFL wants to thrive they need QBs. Ideally there would be about 48 great QBs so the media doesn't have to make more out of rookie/young QBs than is necessary. All college cares about is wins but if they would JUST GO FUCKING PRO STYLE OFFENSES ALREADY... we would get more NFL worthy QBs.

We've already lost Manning. Brady and Brees are within a few years. That leaves Rodgers for 5 to 8 more years if he's healthy? Not sure how much longer Ben will play either. Luck and Cam should be gtg for a while if they're healthy. I don't care what anyone says, Wilson is not that great imo. I'm sure Convo is ready to annoint Wentz a hall of famer...

Old school football more focused on the run I think there's enough RBs to go around but there just aren't enough QBs for everyone to have a decent shot at contending for the Championship. Whoever it was above shitting on Tannelhill having 3 offensive systems in 3 years... It's NOT that easy to pick even a Tannelhill caliber QB out of the draft. Cough * Gabbert and whoever that guy was in Minnesota that went in the first round the other year?

• 1Cutler

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I also think the NFL and tv networks got greedy with the games every Thursday and two night games on Sunday, in addition to Monday night football. It's just too many games for people to stay invested in watching. Once you give up, it's easy to settle on highlights

I agree with this. Couple years back I THOUGHT I wanted as much NFL as possible, but now that it's on every day I skip like 75% of the games. They went too far, football used to be an occasion, now it's just another day ending in y

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The brand is diluted but they are also guilty of pushing a brand of football that isn't sustainable. It's all about the QBs, WRs, and watching a scoring fest. That gets old especially when it's a QB driven league now...and about half of the QBs suck or are average. Nothing is worse than seeing two shitty QBs duking it out and the one with an AJ Green wins out with FGs. You get lucky with a Wentz, Rapistberger, or Brady...or you shit the bed with a RGKnee, Foles, Tannehill, Geno Smith,etc. Nobody wants to watch Geno Smith play anything outside of 'How fast can Geno get a pressure ulcer on the bench?" Tune out again this week.
Wow, that's something I never thought about. The league is a pass first league, but with like 2/3 of the QB's unable to play that type of game because they're shit. Leads to really unfortunate to watch games.

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watkins to IR.

If the Seahawks beat the jets and the pats beat buffalo, Brady comes back with a 3 game lead in the act east.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Watkins to IR.

If the Seahawks beat the jets and the pats beat buffalo, Brady comes back with a 3 game lead in the act east.

Having Brady play feels like a 3 game lead every year. Gets depressing