NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reynolds is an interesting pick, could have gone higher than he did so maybe you're right. He has a ton of upside.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Goodell against pot use; 'may not be healthy'

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell delivered a strong statement against marijuana use Friday, telling ESPN Radio that the league sees no medical benefits and adding that "it may not be healthy for the players long term."

Goodell's comments, made in an interview with ESPN's Mike & Mike, were consistent with his previous statements. But they came amid a federal lawsuit filed by more than 1,800 former players who say they suffered long-term health problems because of improper and deceptive prescription drug-distribution practices by NFL teams.

Advocates have suggested that marijuana could be a healthier way to manage pain than prescription painkillers. Goodell, however, reiterated the league is following advice from independent medical advisers who have not recommended marijuana use for medical uses.

"We've been studying that through our advisers," Goodell said. "To date, they haven't said, 'This is a change we think you should make that is in the best interest of the health and safety of our players.' If they do, we're certainly going to consider that. But to date, they haven't really said that.

Goodell did add that "medical marijuana is something that is evolving, and that's something that at some point the medical advisers may come to us and say, 'This is something you should consider.'"

Twenty-nine states and the District of Columbia have legalized medical marijuana. Seven states allow for recreational use, but the NFL still bans its use and disciplines players when random tests show 35 nanograms per milliliter in their system, according to its policy and program on substances of abuse.

Goodell's comments Friday morning suggest the league has no plans to reconsider that stance.

"I think you still have to look at a lot of aspects of marijuana use," Goodell said. "Is it something that can be negative to the health of our players?

"Listen, you're ingesting smoke, so that's not usually a very positive thing that people would say. It does have addictive nature. There are a lot of compounds in marijuana that may not be healthy for the players long term. All of those things have to be considered.

"And it's not as simple as someone just wants to feel better after a game. We really want to help our players in that circumstance, but I want to make sure that the negative consequences aren't something that is going to be something that we'll be held accountable for some years down the road."

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Running into people at car wreck speed, play after play, year after year: Totally fine.

Smoke a joint: That'll kill ya, mang.
And then currently treating the pain with drugs that are extremely addictive and possibly deadly. Pharm money and influrnce runs deep deep.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I still can't believe that trade. Lynch is better than 75% of the employed GM's currently off just that.

The trade with the Bears still seems like something out of the movie Draft Day. Absolutely skinned them.

It was great, but to be fair, he was in a pretty great position where there's a quarterback he didn't want and multiple teams wanted to move up to his position to get him. Obviously he did a great job of selling it to the Bears, but it was a fortuitous situation to fall in your lap on your first draft. If Trubisky turns into a solid QB the Bears won't regret the trade at all.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I honestly hope the 49ers show some improvement this year, but I am not sure I want it to translate into a whole lot more wins. They still have huge holes in the roster, and obviously the most notable spot is at the QB spot. If they manage to pull off a decent season, that could theoretically drop them out of a spot where they are able to draft their QB of choice, at least without having to dive up a bunch of other draft capital to do it.

I am just torn between wanting them to win, and knowing we still have a ton of roster spots to fill out and we need as many good draft picks as possible.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I honestly hope the 49ers show some improvement this year, but I am not sure I want it to translate into a whole lot more wins. They still have huge holes in the roster, and obviously the most notable spot is at the QB spot. If they manage to pull off a decent season, that could theoretically drop them out of a spot where they are able to draft their QB of choice, at least without having to dive up a bunch of other draft capital to do it.

I am just torn between wanting them to win, and knowing we still have a ton of roster spots to fill out and we need as many good draft picks as possible.

You need to consult a Browns fan. They have years of that mindset worked out.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That's who I wanted at the time over Greg Robinson. Fuck it though, we still got the best player in that draft. :p

(well to be fair I also wanted Zack Martin over Aaron Donald but it wasn't too hard for me to accept that choice)

Raiders crushed that draft though eh, Mack AND Carr?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Bills traded future first- and fourth-round picks to draft move up five spots to take Watkins fourth overall in the 2014.

Since then, he’s played 37 games in three seasons, putting up solid but not spectacular numbers.

Had the Bills sat tight with the ninth pick, they could have drafted Odell Beckham Jr. or Aaron Donald (or any number of players), and held onto their own first-rounder in 2015.

Ouch.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's who I wanted at the time over Greg Robinson. Fuck it though, we still got the best player in that draft. :p

(well to be fair I also wanted Zack Martin over Aaron Donald but it wasn't too hard for me to accept that choice)

Raiders crushed that draft though eh, Mack AND Carr?
Yea. The Raiders are proof with just a few good drafts and good offseason moves you can go from bag on your head (like our resident Raiders fan regret....wtf happened to him?) to competitive. I think the jury will still be out on Grob, I think he still has a ton of potential to move to guard too, but will see how he does at RT.

Watkins is just always hurt, and watching someone being talented and hurt is even more excruciating as a Bills fan I would think.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I just read a post somewhere saying Greg Robinson couldn't draw any protection schemes during his combine interviews. Dude is physically capable but just not smart enough to do it. His penalty taking is probably his worst trait, just mental errors.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a goddamn car wreck up there. I cannot stop rubbernecking.
Yea they are the new Browns.

Also, speaking of........not sure how fans of other divisional teams feel, but I have a feeling if the actual Browns stick with this new organizational structure they might turn into something other than the whipping boy of the AFCN, but I guess it was bound to happen someday. I loved all their 1st round picks this year and cant really make fun of them, and hell Kizer might even end up decent even though he had a bad senior year. He was supposed to be a top 10 pick before this year, and ND was awful so he had no help either.

In the meantime, till they do find a QB I think we will all be safe.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea they are the new Browns.

Also, speaking of........not sure how fans of other divisional teams feel, but I have a feeling if the actual Browns stick with this new organizational structure they might turn into something other than the whipping boy of the AFCN, but I guess it was bound to happen someday. I loved all their 1st round picks this year and cant really make fun of them, and hell Kizer might even end up decent even though he had a bad senior year. He was supposed to be a top 10 pick before this year, and ND was awful so he had no help either.

In the meantime, till they do find a QB I think we will all be safe.

Track record indicates ownership will abort early. I guess they can change but they've hit on some gems in the past and never get good enough to warrant keeping anyone (or the players wanting to stay).