NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I really hope that Cousins shit doesnt work out for the Niners to be honest. I also see Arizona having issues with old dudes getting injured, but you never know, they might have another run in them.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who is playing QB on that team? I think the Rams beat them this year with competent coaching. I don't expect a complete turnaround on that defense in one year.
49ers had what I think was the best draft of any team this year. They wont be a playoff team but they will be much improved.

Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster were incredible picks, no team improved their defense in the draft more than the 49ers, and those are BOTH three down players at the NFL level. Thomas could be a presence like Donald, and Foster is a heat seeking missile who I think will be a perennial pro bowler if he can keep clean off the field.

That's not even mentioning Akhello Weatherspoon who they picked up in round 3. I think he has a sleepers chance of being the best corner taken in this entire draft. He led the nation last year in fewest passes completed against him (31%) along with tying for pass breakups at 13. And was in the same conference as all those secondary kids from UW as well. Dude is 6'3'' and ran a 4.45 with a 40.5 inch vertical so hes a physical freak, only problem was he had issues adding weight and is only like 198 at that size, but an NFL offseason program and nutritionist will add a good 10-15 on him....kid reminds me a lot of Sherman coming out of college.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My first impression of Lynch as a GM is pretty high, based solely off the draft and raping the Bears immediately.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Oh I think they had a great draft if Foster can stay healthy. Even if not they still did great. I still don't think they turn it around this year.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh I think they had a great draft if Foster can stay healthy. Even if not they still did great. I still don't think they turn it around this year.
The 49ers offense as awful as it was, was still way better than the Rams offense. And the Rams defense as bad as it was, was still a lot better than the 49ers.

Both of those teams are a good 2-3 years away from being competitive, if that, imo. The Rams still did not improve their OL other than adding a very old veteran, and who knows if bust Grob will make it as a RT either. Goff is still going to get killed and he still has no #1 wide receiver.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
My first impression of Lynch as a GM is pretty high, based solely off the draft and raping the Bears immediately.

I still can't believe that trade. Lynch is better than 75% of the employed GM's currently off just that.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The 49ers offense as awful as it was, was still way better than the Rams offense. And the Rams defense as bad as it was, was still a lot better than the 49ers.

Both of those teams are a good 2-3 years away from being competitive, if that, imo. The Rams still did not improve their OL other than adding a very old veteran, and who knows if bust Grob will make it as a RT either. Goff is still going to get killed and he still has no #1 wide receiver.
Wait, Whitworth was very good last year and seems sturdy enough, Sullivan is a clear upgrade over that trash Barnes. You realize we're talking about Jeff Fisher here right?

I really like Cooper Kupp the more that I've read of him, I think he'll be exactly what we need to convert 3rd downs.

There is no way we don't improve on offense, even if Goff is a bust. The OL will be way better based on better coaching and removing or moving the 2 worst parts.

I made my case for our defense being better. Get somewhat competent coaching on offense (was that ever Jeff Fisher?) and you have a case for a decent team.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I actually look forward to the Rams winning the NFC West this year. The anticipation of the heartbreaking, playoff losing, pick-6 in overtime is killing me.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The trade with the Bears still seems like something out of the movie Draft Day. Absolutely skinned them.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
We were the worst offense in the league because our coaching staff was a fucking travesty. Same players with new FA's and Draftees with one of the better offensive coaching staffs from last season. Not too hard to improve on worst, especially if the bar is Jeff Fisher.

Heh, whatever, we'll see what happens. If Goff is a bust I think maybe Mannion gets a shot at it. Who knows, injuries happen all the time too, anything could derail this shit in a hurry.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I still can't believe that trade. Lynch is better than 75% of the employed GM's currently off just that.

Let's not forget he gave a good FB 4 years at $21M. While the contract has outs, it's still a big overpay if they want to keep him.

Fadaar

That guy
The only thing I really didn't like about Schuster-Smith having watched a lot of USC games over the years is he always seems to be dinged up. I absolutely wanted him on the Rams, just not at pick 37. On the Steelers though, you guys have so many weapons he won't be counted on the be a #1 so he should be awesome there.

That's why I'm so happy about the Godwin and Howard picks for the Bucs. Already have a top 5 WR in Mike Evans who requires your best defender's attention. Combine that with Desean Jackson's speed and a returning Cameron Brate and Adam Humphries who were both nice surprises... Jameis Winston is gonna have a field day assuming he stays upright.

I got a nice laugh out of not only him raping the Bears but his first draft pick as a GM being a Stanford player

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait, Whitworth was very good last year and seems sturdy enough, Sullivan is a clear upgrade over that trash Barnes. You realize we're talking about Jeff Fisher here right?

I really like Cooper Kupp the more that I've read of him, I think he'll be exactly what we need to convert 3rd downs.

There is no way we don't improve on offense, even if Goff is a bust. The OL will be way better based on better coaching and removing or moving the 2 worst parts.

I made my case for our defense being better. Get somewhat competent coaching on offense (was that ever Jeff Fisher?) and you have a case for a decent team.

This guy has never coached an NFL game, who knows he could be complete garbage as a HC. Guys are getting moved all around the OL for you guys. Teams nowadays move their best rushers around to take advantage of mismatches, the Texans and Raiders do this with Watt and Khalil Mack a lot, hell Watt has played every DL position just for this reason. They're moving Grob to RT and Havenstein to guard, brand new positions for them.

And as much as I like Kupp, he ran in the 4.6's, thats slower than 270lb Myles Garrett ran his 40. I think his ceiling is to be a Welker type in the NFL which would be great, but I think hes going to have problems with teams like Seattle who can press. He will have to win with route running, which he will likely do, but I still see no guy other than Tavon Austin who can take the top off a defense. Woods is a possession receiver too. It cant be overstated how speed, deep speed, can open everything up underneath in the NFL. The Rams scored FOURTEEN points a game last year, I get Fisher and staff and all, but a ton of it is personnel bro.

Cautious optimism would be the mantra if I was a Rams fan. At least the offense has no place to go but up.

Your biggest ace in the hole is Wade Phillips, I look forward to seeing him put Quinn on the edge standing up if he can stay healthy....but switches to 3-4 schemes always hurt interior DL so I dont expect AD to have nearly the same kind of impact. I liked Goff coming out, but not nearly for what the Rams gave up to go get him. Im a big fan of Austin, so I hope Goff can get it going but its rare to see these 1 year swings.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm not expecting Kupp to be a #1, Welker type is fine with me. I expect our defense to be better and anything but a trainwreck as bad as last season on offense means this team can win games on defense with just a tiny bit more help from the offense.

So yeah, mreh, we'll see. I'm cautiously optimistic we can win between 7-8 games.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's why I'm so happy about the Godwin and Howard picks for the Bucs. Already have a top 5 WR in Mike Evans who requires your best defender's attention. Combine that with Desean Jackson's speed and a returning Cameron Brate and Adam Humphries who were both nice surprises... Jameis Winston is gonna have a field day assuming he stays upright.

Im not gonna lie, I kind of love the fuck it lets stack the fuck out of the offense approach for the Bucs. Gonna go watch some games this yer down here since I live in Orlando and its the closest place.

• 1Solidarity

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not expecting Kupp to be a #1, Welker type is fine with me. I expect our defense to be better and anything but a trainwreck as bad as last season on offense means this team can win games on defense with just a tiny bit more help from the offense.

So yeah, mreh, we'll see. I'm cautiously optimistic we can win between 7-8 games.
Should have taken Schuster-Smith over Everett imo, you guys JUST drafted Higbee last year who is a good pass catching TE. Smith got hurt a good bit because he plays so physical, but he will learn to tone it down in the NFL some. You cant replace that alpha dog mentality and the Rams desperately needed someone like that at wide receiver and who is a bigger physical guy, bunch of pussies on that roster at WR.

I like Everett, but there were better guys there imo like Godwin, Smith, etc. Maybe they plan on using Everett that way and converting him? TEs are great but you need guys who can win on the outside

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Should have taken Schuster-Smith over Everett imo, you guys JUST drafted Higbee last year who is a good pass catching TE. Smith got hurt a good bit because he plays so physical, but he will learn to tone it down in the NFL some. You cant replace that alpha dog mentality and the Rams desperately needed someone like that at wide receiver and who is a bigger physical guy, bunch of pussies on that roster at WR.

I like Everett, but there were better guys there imo like Godwin, Smith, etc.
I don't necessarily disagree but I think McVay is thinking he'll run 2 TE's often with this group. Hey, I was thinking we'd go receiver with that pick as well but I think when it comes down to it they believed they could get someone like Cooper Kupp later. Woods is a physical good blocker so I think that's the plan now. Anyways, I still think that group is better and there will be quite a bit of competition.

The real question is can McVay identify the people that deserve to play and put them in a position to succeed. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt because its more fun that way.

I like what I've seen from this group so far, the team has plenty of talent on it, it just hasn't been well coached.

(and maybe the plan is trade for a receiver later on or draft one in the 1st round next year, can't fix every issue in one year I'll agree with that)

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All of that is great Dae, but Britt was Goff's security blanket and he would chuck it up to him and Britt came down with a lot of those balls last year. He was maybe the sole bright spot on that team at WR and now he's gone. Everett has that kind of size but he's a rookie.

I worry about Goffs development going backwards. You are right, Woods is an upgrade over Quick 100%, and I love Woods game tbh but its just a question of too many guys playing the same position at WR.

I just question who will go where....

Guessing Woods will be the X, Cooper the Y, and Austin the Z, but Woods is 190, and the X has to pretty much always go man-to-man against the corner and get off press unless its some underneath route vs zone like a shallow cross or something. That's not Woods game, he's more of a Z or Y. There is a gaping hole there that Britt left for a guy to go up and get jump balls and be Goffs safety blanket.

It makes even less sense to me because that true #1 is going to get a LOT of 1 on 1 looks if the Rams run game gets back, which it hopefully will.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I mean, maybe they thought Schuster-Smith could fall to them in the 3rd and Everett wouldn't. We basically had a couple 2nd year players that haven't proven much in the NFL at TE before that pick. It's interesting the Rams never really went after DeSean Jackson or Pierre Garcon in the offseason. We have spent so many picks at WR/TE the past 2 years if we can't shake out a reasonable group from them it will be a big set back.

I think the big target for the Rams to get good is by the time they move into that new stadium. Get a real #1 receiver before then and improve the OL and it's possible.

Britt may have been a security blanket but he also caused several turnovers due to his off/on play and dipshitness. Guy has skill but I don't think he has it mentally. I'm glad to see him gone.

I believe they want Josh Reynolds to be that get jump ball guy. I think everyone they drafted this year has great hands. McVay wants receivers that run precise routes to play off of Tavons playmaking in space and TE's that can stretch the field.

Last edited:
  • 1Like