NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really liked the Redskins' draft. We were able to address needs all over the place while not having to reach for those needs. Helped that Allen fell into out lap at 17, but pretty much addressed most trouble spots at least partially with our draft. I might have traded some of the late picks for future picks b/c I don't think we really needed 10 rooks and some of the guys really won't have a spot imo...but overall at least even the depth picks are in spots where we could potentially use it.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hated this draft and I haven't said that since Ozzie got a dude who fell down the steps.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bills are such a joke. That business should have been handled after the season and well before the draft.

I attribute half the success of the Pats due to being in the most inept division in the history of football for this prolonged of a period.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah let the guy you are firing do all the drafting for you first...great plan. Putting the L in leadership.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah let the guy you are firing do all the drafting for you first...great plan. Putting the L in leadership.

It just blows my mind. Why wouldn't this move be made before the Combine/Pro days/Draft etc. Makes no sense.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently the Bills let their whole scouting staff go as well.

What. das. fuck. is wrong with that org.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Apparently the Bills let their whole scouting staff go as well.

What. das. fuck. is wrong with that org.

Owner too involved in all aspects. Look at poor Washington, Cleveland, and Dallas. Guys have won participation trophies for years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw this on a draft site about the Rams taking Cooper Kupp and had to double take. Jesus.

The Rams punted for more yards than they accumulated on offense last season so this shouldn’t surprise anyone.

As an aside, this will make for a fantastic fantasy football team name: Two Gurleys one Kupp. Daez, you're welcome.

Also, Schuster-Smith might have not been a need but he was my favorite wr going into the draft and I expect him to make big contributions this year.

Dude is like Hines Ward 2.0, loves to block, and this play pretty much sums it up.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The only thing I really didn't like about Schuster-Smith having watched a lot of USC games over the years is he always seems to be dinged up. I absolutely wanted him on the Rams, just not at pick 37. On the Steelers though, you guys have so many weapons he won't be counted on the be a #1 so he should be awesome there.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Also, maybe it's just me drinking the kool aid but I think the Rams are going to have a decent team this year. The defense was already top 10 with the absolute worst possible offense you could have. We've lost really nothing worth noting on that side and gained Connor Barwin, Kayvon Webster, and Wade Phillips. I expect the offense to improve just based on coaching and the improvement of the talent on the OL and WR/TE.

I don't expect the playoffs or anything, but 7-9 or 8-8 bullshit might actually happen for once. And really most of that is just based on the assumption the Wade Phillips improves the defense which isn't really that hard to believe.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't even know what to wish for as a 49er fan. I'd almost rather be 2-14 again than 8-8 just because we still need to draft a QB unless all that Cousins bullshit actually works out, but if we did go 2-14 again, it's going to be hard to feel like we're making progress.