NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Schefter is reporting SF is hiring Hall-of-Fame candidate and FOX analyst John Lynch as GM, sources tell ESPN. Lynch back to Bay Area, where he went to Stanford.

This should be interesting

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If he can play defensive back as a white guy, he can probably do anything.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
is he white?
You don't know who John Lynch is? He was an anomaly as a white boy playing safety, and playing it well! Known for his big hits while playing for Tampa Bay and Denver.

Really not sure about this hire, as he doesn't have any front office experience. And holy shit, it is expected to be a 6 year deal. I guess the 49ers really are going all in, and are going to give these guys time to build something.

Holding my breath for something good, but man that feels like a reach.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
LOL if true. Drama starting already!

Interestingly, the Fox analyst has been critical of Shanahan in the past, via John Middlekauff of 95.7 The Game:

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No. Shanahan and Lynch are going to have LOOOOOOONG leashes.

They will be there till at least 2020, barring consecutive disastrous seasons similar to this past year. There is no way they make another leadership change after trying 4 guys in 4 years. Niners are probably the least talented team in the league. Baalke squandered a ton of fucking draft picks, taking fliers on injury cases that never worked out. He found a few decent players no doubt, but the cupboard is bare, and Shanahan isnt going to have shit to work with.

He has Devonta Freeman, Julio Jones, and the potential league MVP at QB. Now he is going to have a question mark at QB, and El Guapo and Torrey Smith as his biggest offensive weapons. Lynch better turn out to be the next Bill Walsh because he is going to have to hit on a ton of draft picks to get this team back to any sort of relevance.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Will the Patriots open up the NFL season on Thursday night at Gillette against the team they defeated in the super bowl, or do you think the league will schedule the Chiefs? Maybe the Texans? Only interesting storyline this off season.

Shit, I thought it was always a SB rematch. I guess that's not set in stone though. The patriots can host if atlanta's new stadium isn't ready or has some kind of conflict with the international booger flicker's convention.

Fadaar

That guy
Well that sucks. Bucs fan my whole life so it was nice to see John Lynch on TV every now and then in the broadcast gig. Now I'll just have to read about the continued shitty performance of the 49ers organization, unless him and Shanahan can turn it around.

Shit, I thought it was always a SB rematch. I guess that's not set in stone though. The patriots can host if atlanta's new stadium isn't ready or has some kind of conflict with the international booger flicker's convention.

Schedules don't always allow for a Super Bowl rematch, however next year the NFC South and AFC East play it each so it's entirely possible they could make it the opening matchup. Kind of like how this year the NFC South and AFC West played each other so we were able to get the Broncos/Panthers matchup.

Fadaar

That guy
Matchups are out but the dates are not. If you know how the scheduling works (this isn't directed at you Uber, just in general) then you know who's going to play who the next season the instant the regular season standings are finalized. I'd bet on a rematch in Foxboro which helps the Falcons (kinda) since that'll be one less cold weather game they'd have to deal with. They also have @CHI and @NYJ so it's just a timing thing. Bucs have @GB and @BUF so they better hope to baby jesus those games are early in the schedule.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You don't know who John Lynch is? He was an anomaly as a white boy playing safety, and playing it well! Known for his big hits while playing for Tampa Bay and Denver.

Archuleta played around the time as Lynch as well. Basically same MO as Lynch.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ive never heard that? He obviously relished blowing motherfuckers up, but your making him sound like Suh or something. Every nasty defender has a mean streak, give me a break.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like the Vegas deal is all but dead in the water for Oakland. Maybe San Antonio will be back on the table next.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
That sucks, really wanted to see a team out there and see the Suoer Bowk moved there permanently.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They should swap the Raiders with the Chargers and send the Chargers to San Antonio.

I believe one of the major investors pulled out. That is what I heard.