NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Too lazy to look it up, but any reason why?

It's kind of retarded because they basically shut their major investor (and his associated bank connections) out of lease conversations. Why they shot themselves in the foot, I don't know. Maybe they didn't like Adelson's influence but without him it's kind of torpedoing their plans.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Heard a KNBR interview with John Lynch today and it sounds like Kyle Shanahan more or less hired him even though he doesn't officially work for the team yet. I know that the coach and the GM being in harmony was a top priority for the organization after Baalke's terrible relationship with both Harbaugh and Kelly and everybody says Lynch is a great guy for dealing with people and a great leader. He has very little experience with any of the technical shit but it sounds like he's going to be more of a "president of football operations" type of guy and the bulk of the responsibility for determining the roster is going to be on Shanahan. If they give Shanahan a 6 year deal like they gave Lynch then it sounds like they are not expecting them to turn it around the first year which is good although they told Chip Kelly the same thing. I'm cautiously optimistic. The biggest factor in their success or failure will probably be finding a franchise quarterback, just like every other team that doesn't have one.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Heard a KNBR interview with John Lynch today and it sounds like Kyle Shanahan more or less hired him even though he doesn't officially work for the team yet. I know that the coach and the GM being in harmony was a top priority for the organization after Baalke's terrible relationship with both Harbaugh and Kelly and everybody says Lynch is a great guy for dealing with people and a great leader. He has very little experience with any of the technical shit but it sounds like he's going to be more of a "president of football operations" type of guy and the bulk of the responsibility for determining the roster is going to be on Shanahan. If they give Shanahan a 6 year deal like they gave Lynch then it sounds like they are not expecting them to turn it around the first year which is good although they told Chip Kelly the same thing. I'm cautiously optimistic. The biggest factor in their success or failure will probably be finding a franchise quarterback, just like every other team that doesn't have one.

Every source I've seen has Shanny's deal at 6. They are tied to each other and I love the length. Radio guys have said Lynch was the reasoning for the long contract. His announcing money made it impossible to shit on him for the opportunity and neither he nor Shanny is a moron. SF likes to randomly hire and fire but a 6-year deal will prevent most of that.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That personnel guy they just hired is supposedly very good and well respected. I bet he will make majority of the roster decisions.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm so afraid to get my hopes up at all. But I just can't help it. I really hope they are able to rebuild the 49ers back up. It is going to take a few years at best though

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm so afraid to get my hopes up at all. But I just can't help it. I really hope they are able to rebuild the 49ers back up. It is going to take a few years at best though

I hope they do too. The Harbaugh years were good. Now the only fear they cause is upsetting a team by chance. It's like getting beat by the Browns. I'm not sure if they can make them as good but with 6 years, they have a shot. Shanny is a really good OC and his dad has a ton of experience he can lean on if needed.

On to Garoppolo, I'm sure the Pats will get a ridiculous offer this offseason. There really should be a farm system. If a guy with one start(Flynn) can make a market...and then a guy with two makes real success for that team, there is no reason not to really push the NFL for a farm for your team. With practice squad expansion and possible expansion of the 53 on the horizon, it just makes sense. Hell, that would be a good enough reason to expand both. You can never have enough QBs to test, build, and sell.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Garoppolo... NO NO NO. This is matt flynn level retarded if the bears give up anything for him. The patriots qbs are all system guys, look at every single qb to come out of there... cassel, mallet, hoyer. Fuck that.

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Terrelle Davis and Jason Taylor look like they could still play.

Pretty good HoF class, still...... its bullshit some of these guys got in over T.O.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Tomlinson first ballot hall of famer. One of the best ever. #Boltup

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente

Pretty good HoF class, still...... its bullshit some of these guys got in over T.O.
Wide Receivers get shit on all the time with HoF classes. I mean look how long it took for Art Monk to get in. He basically was 2nd or 3rd in basically every career stat that mattered for WRs at the time. He retired in 1995 and didn't get in till 2008.

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

T.O. was no doubt a DBag, but is undoubtedly a HOF player. It is a travesty that he wasn't inducted this year

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keegan-Michael Key monologue for the NFL honors show was hilarious.

"We're here in Houston...the city with the 8th wonder of the world, the Astrodome. And also the 9th wonder of the world, Brock Osweiler's contract"

Fucking savage.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users