NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol.

Whats obvious is the Falcons failure to salt the game away. Its deeper than just playcalling, its a mindset and a commitment to being able to evolve with the circumstances of that particular game.

Belichick was getting shit on local talk radio last year after making a couple questionable in game decisions as well as personel moves. But honestly, he is the best in the business and only he could have put a team in position to win a fuckin game like that. Once they found themselves in the abyss, he threw out the playbook and went into ultra efficiency mode, throwing caution to the wind as well, letting Brady throw the ball 70 fucking times even though the Falcons defense knew they were never going to dial up runs.

Belichick did the opposite of what Quinn and baby Shanahan did. He was able to adjust, and executed perfectly, which then combined with the football gods smiling on them here and there amounted to the greatest comeback in sports history, second only to the Red Sox down 3-0 in 2004.

Dan Quinn must fucking hate Belichick. Robbed him of 2 chips. I dont think I have ever seen a sporting event like that, with everything on the line. Like as a Pats fan you had to be thinking "ok we just need a turnover here, a touchdown and a 2pt conv., a defensive stand that has to include a sack and loss of yards to get them out of fg range, then ANOTHER touchdown and ANOTHER conversion and were good!"

And it all happened...lol what the fuck.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's super easy to say that when you know the other thing didn't work. What you said is basic, conservative football strategy. Basic, conservative football strategy probably isn't the way to beat Belichick, but it's always there for us Monday morning blowhards when a more sophisticated strategy didn't work and no one can prove us wrong since we don't actually do anything.

100 out of 100 unless there's a fumble, or you miss the field goal, or they block it, or you get called for penalties that back you up or 100 other things that can go wrong on any play.
You are embarrassing yourself at this point.

Just stop.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
In all honesty, I figured on the pats losing the game once it hit 21-3.. hopeful of a comeback but expecting the loss so once they started scoring I was ecstatic.

Off season.. pats need to resign hightower

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Well, there's you.

mjl.gif

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
Man he fell off so hard once they drafted OBJ. I know he was injured a lot too but good lord.

Fadaar

That guy
I guess, I don't follow the Giants at all. I just looked at their stat pages and the years lined up (Cruz and OBJ that is).