NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone with a moderate football IQ can see Romo is getting cut, Cowboys want to be serious contenders now that they have a real QB. They can use that 5 million they'll save for a middle linebacker and other defensive help. They are a juggernaut on offense now, bring in some bum to play backup qb for pennies.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'd be the backup QB for the Cowboys for less than the minimum player salary and probably be more useful than Romo.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Anyone with a moderate football IQ can see Romo is getting cut, Cowboys want to be serious contenders now that they have a real QB. They can use that 5 million they'll save for a middle linebacker and other defensive help. They are a juggernaut on offense now, bring in some bum to play backup qb for pennies.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Yeah, I'm not sure why he thinks it's so stupid/crazy for a team to not want to pay a backup QB $5mil. Especially when they desperately need that money for a pass rush.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'm not sure why he thinks it's so stupid/crazy for a team to not want to pay a backup QB $5mil. Especially when they desperately need that money for a pass rush.

Obviously you're the resident Cowboys fan on the forum, so I'll defer to you on their defensive needs. But I agree 100% that good teams in this NFL don't pay backup qb's 5 million, especially when there are glaring needs on one side of the ball.

Really wish he'd bet about this, but he'll welch out like he did his avatar until a_skeleton_03 enforced it.

• 1Cutler

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Really wish he'd bet about this, but he'll welch out like he did his avatar until a_skeleton_03 enforced it.

Another lie from the pathological liar who had to pay $200 to post again after he lost his shit when the moderators decided I was right and you were wrong.

https://www.firesofheaven.org/threads/avatar-bet-welcher-non-donor.8277/page-4#post-1874675

Why would anyone bet with you, amod is on record to never confirm or enforce any bet that involves you.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, I wouldn't call someone a welcher ol' Two Hundred. You also didn't have the balls of Wizardhawk which is another point against you. I don't blame you. Boston faggots are well known shitty sports fans. Brahma being the only exception I've ever known.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

Go take a look at what back up QB's in the league make, subtract that from 5.1 million and tell me who the fuck their going to sign that makes giving up on Romos trade value on defense.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
They have to cut Romo because he is the most overpaid backup in the league and no team wants to trade for him. Maybe they can try to sign Chris Long again or bring back DeMarcus Ware. At some point they have to get a middle linebacker who can play in the NFL too. All more useful than a valueless, old, never was.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
They have to cut Romo because he is the most overpaid backup in the league and no team wants to trade for him. Maybe they can try to sign Chris Long again or bring back DeMarcus Ware. At some point they have to get a middle linebacker who can play in the NFL too. All more useful than a valueless, old, never was.

Name the current QB's on the Cowboys roster, I'll give you a hint since it's not the team you follow. They have 2 under contract.

Now go look what back up QB's make in the NFL, subtract that from 5.1 million and then tell me how you plan to sign the ghost of Chris Long or the old ass DeMarcus Ware.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Chris Long was just a major member of the Super Bowl champions. Their backup qb will be drafted in the 5th round this year. This is an easy game.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Chris Long was just a major member of the Super Bowl champions. Their backup qb will be drafted in the 5th round this year. This is an easy game.

Chris Long who had 4 sacks all year and in the playoffs had the same amount of tackles and sacks as Russell Wilson was a major member.

Cowboys don't have a 5th round pick, try again.

Last edited:

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Yes. He drew a holding call that literally won the Patriots the Super Bowl. Intelligent NFL posters in this thread understand the Patriots defense is all about doing your job, not accumulating stats. He was the perfect Patriot and a major contributor on defense, I hope he is back.

• 1Cutler

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Yes. He drew a holding call that literally won the Patriots the Super Bowl. Intelligent NFL posters in this thread understand the Patriots defense is all about doing your job, not accumulating stats. He was the perfect Patriot and a major contributor on defense, I hope he is back.

Intelligent posters in this thread didn't have to pay money to be able to post. Chris Long sucks, sucked with the patriots and if he doesn't retire will suck wherever he goes. You wouldn't even know he played 3 playoff games if you opened a box score, 1 tackle and was held 1 time is a major contributor lol. Romo will start more games than the ghost of Chris Long.

Chris Long: Game Logs at NFL.com

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Contribution is more than a box score Stat sheet.

Take any "shut down" corner in NFL history, revis, Sherman, sanders, etc, their stat sheet is less than lessor corners, yet they are paid more... due to Not being thrown at. Take high end nose tackles, their body of work allows others to Excell Stat wise, but without them wouldn't be as effective otherwise. Long did his job very well. Clogged run lanes, got decent pressure on the qb.

And had that sweet holding call in the SB

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Who the fuck is going to give Romo big money to play 6 games before he sprains his vagina again and is out for the season?

hqdefault.jpg

Cowboys have the 4th and 5th best QBs in the NFC East. Ill put Discount Russell Wilson behind Romo.

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users