NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Also whoever signs Terrence Williams, hope you like body catchers who have no game awareness.

FTFY

Good riddance to Terrance GET OUT OF BOUNDS Williams.

So Cleveland gets Osweiler’s contract, a 2018 second-round pick and a 2017 sixth-round pick, and Houston gets Cleveland’s 2017 fourth-round pick, saves $10 million in salary-cap space and $16 million in cash.

Holy shit. Does cleveland have a new GM or something? How are they suddenly not the dumbest team in the NFL?

Where will this rank on the list of all time most 1 sided NFL trades? It's definitely not #1, but it's gotta be top 5.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Rumors are the Browns are still trying to find a way to get Garoppolo from the Patriots.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its ok we picked up a thirty two year old midget scat back coming off a serious knee injury. Division champs incoming.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hopefully Romo brings a superbowl to Houston while Dallas makes another first round exit. Would be wonderful stuff.

• 5Like
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Fuck Osweiler!

Full details from Shefter: "NFL stunner: Texans trade QB Brock Osweiler AND a 2018 second-round pick to Cleveland for the Browns to take Osweiler’s $16M salary of Houston’s books, per league sources. The move clears out millions in salary-cap space for Houston to intensify efforts to sign former Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, per sources. To be exact, Houston saves $16 million in cash and $10 million against their cap this season. The Texans also will get the Browns’ fourth-round pick this year in exchange for their own 6th-round pick. So Cleveland gets Osweiler’s contract, a 2018 second-round pick and a 2017 sixth-round pick, and Houston gets Cleveland’s 2017 fourth-round pick, saves $10 million in salary-cap space and $16 million in cash. Cleveland is not committed to keeping Osweiler and is likely to try to trade him, per sources. If so, it would turn into a basketball-like trade in which NBA teams routinely trade contracts to get them off their books; only it rarely, if ever, happens in the NFL. It’s hard to remember in the salary-cap era another team when a team traded a contract to get it off its books. But Houston was so anxious to rid itself of Osweiler and move on to its next quarterbacking chapter that it is giving Cleveland extra picks to take him and his contract. The Browns headed into this free-agent signing period with over $100 million worth of salary-cap space and would struggle to spend it all. Now they can devote some of it to Osweiler’s contract and acquiring extra draft picks from Houston. But this is one of the most, if not the most, creative trade in NFL history."

Osweiler's a damn fool, then.

He made a shit ton of money for being a complete failure. Shit, he can retire tomorrow with a Super Bowl ring and millions of fucking dollars. And he sucked at his job. The world is a fucked up place.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shit, just saw the McCloughlan thing.

Yep, fuck the Redskins. I'm done. My NFL "give-a-shit" meter was already pretty low, but this is pretty much it. Snyder and Allen are fucktards.

Edit: That may have been hasty. Apparently dude hasn't shown up to work for the organization in a few weeks. And it sounds like it's alcohol again. Still, Redskins are fucking bad at being a football team. At least squash all the fucking leaks about how dicked up your organization are. A step above that would be to maybe fix them.

• 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Broncos ready to explore Romo if released

Still sticking your head in the sand and thinking Romo won't be released?

I'll take that as a "yes". See you in 2 days, Ostrich.

Nah. The "I told you so" posts I will get to make on Thursday will be sufficient winning for me.

Because Jerry will hold out hope that some desperate team will throw him a great trade offer to try and get Romo. When that doesn't happen, he will be designated as a post-June 1 cut on the first day of FA.

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

TOLD YOU SO

#winning

200w.gif

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Shit, just saw the McCloughlan thing.

Yep, fuck the Redskins. I'm done. My NFL "give-a-shit" meter was already pretty low, but this is pretty much it. Snyder and Allen are fucktards.

Edit: That may have been hasty. Apparently dude hasn't shown up to work for the organization in a few weeks. And it sounds like it's alcohol again. Still, Redskins are fucking bad at being a football team. At least squash all the fucking leaks about how dicked up your organization are. A step above that would be to maybe fix them.

Looks more like a Snyder smear campaign to me, he probably realized they wouldn't make a deal with Cousins and negotiated with the 49ers and Shannahan which Snyder has a clear vendetta against. Snyder can fuck Cousins if he wants, people forget what Al Davis did to Marcus Allen.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
OK, so let me get this straight. The Browns just blew $17m to get a second round draft pick? That's 10% of the salary cap! Where's the logic?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
OK, so let me get this straight. The Browns just blew $17m to get a second round draft pick? That's 10% of the salary cap! Where's the logic?

They had 100 million in space, a spending floor exist, no one wants to go to Cleveland. Also it was 16, not 17.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh, well then. Highest paid NT in the league. Only $27.5M guaranteed, guess we see how the structure ends up looking.

Last edited: