NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
If you tune out the media outlets that Dan Snyder owns and refer to those that he doesn't own word is that it isn't about his drinking. It's basically a power struggle. McCloughan had no real say. It's back to the Snyder/Allen shit show in DC. It came down to McCloughan saying fuck this shit, you hired me to be the GM, but you don't let me build the roster and make decisions. Now we can all say Scotty, dude, you should have known this. Did he really think he would have any power there?

McCloughan was the one guy (other than Gruden) that wanted to sign Cousins to a long term deal LAST offseason. Snyder and Allen are the ones that have never been a fan of Cousins. Remember Mike Shanahan was the one that pushed to draft Cousins in the same draft as RG3. It was Mike and Kyle that wanted to move on from RG3 to Cousins years ago against the wishes of the owner. Snyder has been anti-Cousins since the day they took him in the draft since it always fucked with the RG3 savior narrative he wanted.

And btw I use the word fan correctly there. That's how Snyder has treated his team for 2 decades. The mere fact that this fucking turd is that in depth into football decisions is the same crap that this franchise has dealt with since he bought the team. Remember the stories about Stephen Jones "tackling" Jerrah so the latter didn't draft Manziel? That was an outright intervention. Here in DC that would never happen. Same shit, different day.

Yeah, multiple players have said they didn't notice impaired abilities. Snyder isn't a fan of his team showing success and must do everything possible to ruin it. Bruce and him have already been pretty successful so far this offseason. I doubt Cousins can bring playoffs with even less talent on the team. I hope he gets that trade he deserves but I doubt it. I feel for Skin fans. Snyder is a plague they can't get rid of. SMH

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cuz your ass is old and broken down AP, and also you whip small children with tree branches.

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
south-park-s18e01c14-a-lone-redskin_4x3.jpg

hut, hut hut, -- huuuuuut!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Screenshotted>
This Osweiler deal is really hilarious. I mean it only works with a team as horrible as the Browns who has so much salary cap that they can afford to throw away $14M on a 2nd round pick and then still try to shop Osweiler around for half the price or less.

The only thing that makes this so much better is that Browns are so stacked with draft picks that they could probably build a championship caliber team in next few years but instead they will squander it all on guys like Manziel and Weeden in next few years.

So really this is a brilliant deal where everyone could be a winner, but it will in reality be a deal where everyone is a loser.

• 1Solidarity

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
OK, so let me get this straight. The Browns just blew $17m to get a second round draft pick? That's 10% of the salary cap! Where's the logic?

What Burnem said and they manage to trade him which some reports have talked about now they are offering to take 8 of the 16 mil so still eating in to that massive cap space and possibly picking up another pick. Or they could cut him next year for no hit. Its a pretty smart move to be honest.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
In all of this I completely missed Osweiler. I mean, yeah, I did bring up that he's got it made as a millionaire who sucks, but he doesn't even have to play for the Browns. Like, holy shit, is Osweiler one of the luckiest fucks to ever live?

He got traded to the Browns and he doesn't even have to play for them!

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
What Burnem said and they manage to trade him which some reports have talked about now they are offering to take 8 of the 16 mil so still eating in to that massive cap space and possibly picking up another pick. Or they could cut him next year for no hit. Its a pretty smart move to be honest.
Yeah this kind of shit happens all the time in the NBA. Always thought it should happen more with the NFL.

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Screenshotted>
In all of this I completely missed Osweiler. I mean, yeah, I did bring up that he's got it made as a millionaire who sucks, but he doesn't even have to play for the Browns. Like, holy shit, is Osweiler one of the luckiest fucks to ever live?

Well, so Osweiler signed a 4 year $72M contract - I mean Im sure he'd rather just ride that out in Houston for the remaining 3 years and get his $18M per year avg, meaning he gets paid more than 1 mil per game.

He'll never see that kind of money again.

he got a $12M signing bonus and $37M of the contract was guaranteed.

So how much money would he walk away with if he never played again in the NFL?

Last edited:

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
If he walks away? Only what he has been paid. His best bet is too just be cut and get his guaranteed money.

• 1Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, so Osweiler signed a 4 year $72M contract - I mean Im sure he'd rather just ride that out in Houston for the remaining 3 years and get his $18M per year avg, meaning he gets paid more than 1 mil per game.

He'll never see that kind of money again.

he got a $12M signing bonus and $37M of the contract was guaranteed.

So how much money would he walk away with if he never played again in the NFL?

The 37 plus any performance (lol) or roster bonuses incurred. 38-40 million?

Edit: If he retires? The guarantees for whatever years remaining go away and it comes off the team books.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Redskins fans have been shit on for a long time, but the amount of people saying they're ready to boycott the team is significantly higher than I've ever seen.

Also, saw a crazy Cousins to the Browns for Osweiler and picks type trade. The Browns are like an NFL Russian roulette that is always a threat.

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>

Then again, would you want to be known as the quarterback that was so, so, so bad that even Cleveland did not want to play you...?

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Finally catching up on FA news. Bengals lose their best two OL men after an already horrendous year. Dalton will be sacked 75+ times. Window officially closed.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Finally catching up on FA news. Bengals lose their best two OL men after an already horrendous year. Dalton will be sacked 75+ times. Window officially closed.

I'm not entirely sure what window you are talking about?

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Pretty stoked on the Whitworth signing even if he is 35. Now to pray he stays healthy.

• 1Solidarity