NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Dalien

Registered Hodor
It's going to mean more in game advertising which I guess I'm ok with if it means we get to see more game. Also has the potential to get lulzy.

"Wow Joe, he really protected that ball just like LifeLock can protect you!"
"Yeah Troy, but that's nothing compared the last Nike kickoff where he secured the ball almost as well as State Farm can secure your future!"

There is no chance there will ever be fewer commercials, I think they just realized they hit the bullshit tolerance ceiling and can't do more. So they're going to shift them around however they can.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
There is actually 100% chance there will be fewer commercials. We're not too far away from logo sponsorship on jerseys and the tv scoreboard. Much like the NBA is going to try and European soccer has done for years.

• 1Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On draft day, Baltimore trades Joe Flacco to Denver for their first round pick. Denver gets a super bowl-winning QB, Flacco gets reunited with the one coach he really liked (had his best season statistically when Kubiak was his OC), Baltimore gets another 1st round pick to get their new QB.

Not that my crystal ball is all that accurate, mind you, but that would certainly make the draft interesting.

Haha. No.

Joe is infuriating in his inconsistency but he's the guy and he's not going anywhere.

The problem the Ravens have right now is there is nobody to throw the ball to.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I almost wish Kaep would get a job so the damn media would stop fellating him. I know he's edgy and cool but his skills are what's keeping the contract guy away. This is a guy who voided a $14 mill contract. He's not getting better money than that....ever again.

Joe had that one good year...the end.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I almost wish Kaep would get a job so the damn media would stop fellating him. I know he's edgy and cool but his skills are what's keeping the contract guy away. This is a guy who voided a $14 mill contract. He's not getting better money than that....ever again.

Joe had that one good year...the end.

In pure football terms, I think Kaep is as good or better than:

Matt Barkley
Mike Glennon
Josh McCown
Kody Kessler
Blake Bortles
Sam Bradford
Jared Goff

I might have missed one and I get a guy like Goff is a franchise future type (so say the Rams, anyway). My point is, Kaep is probably one of the current 32 best QBs in the league, so it's the baggage and not ability that makes him radioactive. He can't even get a backup or a competition gig.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Kyle Shanahan pretty much summed up Kaep in a press conference a while back. He said that he would do well in the offense that he designed for RG3 at Washington. What he didn't go on to say was that that offense doesn't work anymore and therefore neither does Kaepernick (or RG3). I think the reason that Kaep isn't getting any interest is because his agent is telling people he wants starter money and any team would be stupid to pay that. As we get closer to the season he will most likely lower his expectations and wind up a backup somewhere.

People who talk about Kaep's numbers from last year obviously didn't watch the games. He came out looking pretty good at the beginning of games, but it was all scheme. Once the defenses figured out what they were doing, he got shut down every game. He didn't throw interceptions, but he did jack shit in the second half of every game.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
In pure football terms, I think Kaep is as good or better than:

Matt Barkley
Mike Glennon
Josh McCown
Kody Kessler
Blake Bortles
Sam Bradford
Jared Goff

I might have missed one and I get a guy like Goff is a franchise future type (so say the Rams, anyway). My point is, Kaep is probably one of the current 32 best QBs in the league, so it's the baggage and not ability that makes him radioactive. He can't even get a backup or a competition gig.

I completely disagree. It's the money he's demanding. Bradford and Glennon were desperation plays but who else there is expecting more than 14 mill a year? Only the Bears are stupid enough to play this game and we see what kind of product they've put out. Kaep is trash. Guy hasn't even had a 3400 yard year yet in the National QB league.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I completely disagree. It's the money he's demanding. Bradford and Glennon were desperation plays but who else there is expecting more than 14 mill a year? Only the Bears are stupid enough to play this game and we see what kind of product they've put out. Kaep is trash. Guy hasn't even had a 3400 yard year yet in the National QB league.

If his agent hasn't priced him accordingly, he should get a new agent. Maybe he just doesn't want to play anymore? Who knows.

I still think he's at least as good as some of these guys. That's not saying much or giving him some sort of elite status.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
He just got a new agent, so I think if he's overpriced, it's probably his fault and his old agent probably got fired for telling him to stick in SF because he wasn't going to get that money anywhere else.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I still think he's at least as good as some of these guys. That's not saying much or giving him some sort of elite status.

True and I agree with you. He isn't the best QB or even a really good one but he does have value. I'm not saying his political stances didn't hurt his market but these owners have some low moral standards. He's priced himself out based on some really so-so play and his expectation of being a starter. He had that chance and I'm not sure he ever gets it back. Unlike most of the guys on your list, he hasn't realized that being a backup may be his best chance at getting back in.

• 1Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually, fuck all of them. Dick Pix still has a laser. I'll take him.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Guy hasn't even had a 3400 yard year yet in the National QB league.

That's an odd cutoff. Makes me think colin has a bunch of 3399 yd seasons, but I can't be assed to look it up.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
On draft day, Baltimore trades Joe Flacco to Denver for their first round pick. Denver gets a super bowl-winning QB, Flacco gets reunited with the one coach he really liked (had his best season statistically when Kubiak was his OC), Baltimore gets another 1st round pick to get their new QB.

Not that my crystal ball is all that accurate, mind you, but that would certainly make the draft interesting.

Huh? You do know that Kubiak retired due to health reasons, right?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Colin Kaepernick

There ya go. bro. 3369 max

What, you think colin is worth the effort it takes to click a link? I mean, the guy hasn't even had a 3370 yd year yet in the NFL. He's barely worth the effort it takes to not put the extra 'l' in his name.

BTW, am I the only one who pronounces Colin as "Colon"?

• 1Like

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>

Probably has to do with being old enough to remember Colin Powell. That dude fucked it up for Colins all over the world.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What, you think colin is worth the effort it takes to click a link? I mean, the guy hasn't even had a 3370 yd year yet in the NFL. He's barely worth the effort it takes to not put the extra 'l' in his name.

In reality though, he's only had over 331 attempts TWICE in his entire career. 478 being his top. Compare that to a guy like Flacco, who never had a 4,000 yard season in his career until this past year (on 672 passing attempts), and you see Flacco has never had less attempts that Kaep's peak of 478 save for his rookie year and last year when he missed 6 games.

Overall I think Kaep needs a certain type of offense to flourish in, but career stats wise he has a better TD% and Int% than Flacco, and a better career yards per attempt as well. I agree with whoever noted he's probably demanding too much money. He should be looking for a 1 or 2 year deal somewhere that has a lot of the money in incentives. Denver would be a place I would thought might explore him as an option, I think he could be potentially a better option for them.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
You have to actually be effective throwing the ball to get that many attempts. I don't wish him ill, but I've watched pretty much every game he's played as a pro and I don't think there's an elite quarterback in there just waiting for the right situation. He got to play in an ideal offense for him during the two years before teams figured out how to stop that offense and he hasn't done shit since. He has tried to turn himself into a pocket passer and failed miserably. I think we've seen the best of Colin Kaepernick.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
In reality though, he's only had over 331 attempts TWICE in his entire career. 478 being his top. Compare that to a guy like Flacco, who never had a 4,000 yard season in his career until this past year (on 672 passing attempts), and you see Flacco has never had less attempts that Kaep's peak of 478 save for his rookie year and last year when he missed 6 games.

Overall I think Kaep needs a certain type of offense to flourish in, but career stats wise he has a better TD% and Int% than Flacco, and a better career yards per attempt as well. I agree with whoever noted he's probably demanding too much money. He should be looking for a 1 or 2 year deal somewhere that has a lot of the money in incentives. Denver would be a place I would thought might explore him as an option, I think he could be potentially a better option for them.

Thank you, Merrith. I've been saying Flacco is a worthless sack of shit for years but your example says it so much better.