NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I won't Cutler you until they change it to Wentz, as it should be. I want you to know how hard this stance is.

And btw, it's not a faggot city, it's a drug and murder city. Know your division.
Btw, you're old enough to remember the Colts move right? Srs question.

I always wondered how the Baltimore fans rationalized Modell moving the Browns when they spat so much venom for Indy doing the same thing in 84. Is it a well fuck it, it happened to us so its karma kind of a thing? Obviously some of this was undone when they got the Browns back (unless you're a Browns fan who watched your team move and then win a SB).

Fadaar

That guy
Didn't they win the Super Bowl quite literally the first season after they moved? If I was a Browns fan who denounced them for leaving I probably would have gone on an unrecoverable drinking/drug fueled bender.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least they kept their name and records, although like you said that wasn't apparent immediately. There was some cognitive dissonance for sure but at the time everyone wanted a team back and no one cared how it happened. In contrast the Indy Colts get to hold all of Baltimore's records as their own.

We should have been given an expansion team over Jacksonville, especially in hindsight and as I recall the city was told we really weren't a market to support it, lol k...Jacksonville covering up upper level seats.

And no didn't win the superbowl right after the move, it took four years.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Btw, you're old enough to remember the Colts move right? Srs question.

I always wondered how the Baltimore fans rationalized Modell moving the Browns when they spat so much venom for Indy doing the same thing in 84. Is it a well fuck it, it happened to us so its karma kind of a thing? Obviously some of this was undone when they got the Browns back (unless you're a Browns fan who watched your team move and then win a SB).

Yeah, I was. it was snowing and I was home glued to the tv.

There's books written on this, believe it or not. It's complicated. There's still a scar from losing a historic team, though younger generations don't feel it. There's the expansion fiasco (Jacksonville lol). Personally, when the Browns came, it was hard to embrace, because I knew how the fans felt and their team was also historic. This wasn't some perrenial suckass (at the time) moving.

I have some good Indiana born friends and I STILL give them shit over Irsay. I expect a Browns fan, if I can find one, to do the same thing until they die.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least they kept their name and records, although like you said that wasn't apparent immediately. There was some cognitive dissonance for sure but at the time everyone wanted a team back and no one cared how it happened. In contrast the Indy Colts get to hold all of Baltimore's records as their own.

We should have been given an expansion team over Jacksonville, especially in hindsight and as I recall the city was told we really weren't a market to support it, lol k...Jacksonville covering up upper level seats.

And no didn't win the superbowl right after the move, it took four years.

Paul Tagliabue suggested we build a museum instead of a stadium. He can rot in mythical hell.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, kinda figured it.

Jacksonville was a bizarre place to put an NFL team, I still dont get it.....up on the northern border and not a sports town. Living here in Orlando now, it would have made a lot more sense and already at least had the Magic and there are a ton of sports fans here who kind of vicariously live through Tampa in everything else.

Fadaar

That guy
Ya honestly I'm not sure why Jax ever got a team over Austin, San Antonio, or Oklahoma City. I'd imagine Jerry Jones and his buttfuckton of $$$ have everything to do with that.

• 1Solidarity

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya honestly I'm not sure why Jax ever got a team over Austin, San Antonio, or Oklahoma City. I'd imagine Jerry Jones and his buttfuckton of $$$ have everything to do with that.

You answered your own question.

Tagliabue was pursuing a "sunbelt strategy" based on a false assumption that since most of the big college towns like football, they would like pro football. Jax was given a team because of a false narrative that Gator/UGA fans would go to Jacksonville for more than the annual cocktail party.

Baltimore had a better bid, more money, a new stadium waiting to be built....basically it was butt rape (Modell actually was easier), and was told to build a museum.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2017-04-27-PhillyDraft.png

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
As somebody who is living in Cleveland, I can 100% assure you that the fans don't love any player except for the week in between games when someone manages to steal them a win.

No wonder you are a Pats fag. You need winning in the worst kind of way. I almost feel bad for you but...you're a Pats fan.

Hoss and Edko, I understand completely your arguments about rooks. Do these guys not hire an agent? Someone that knows exactly the requirements for the combine? I can understand lower rated players not having agents but both of these were 1st round locks...until this shit. Foster still is but why fuck your money up over being a stupid rook? Hire a guy to help your retarded ass. And both of those guys sound stupid as shit outside of the football area.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
ESPN layoffs reportedly to begin this week, could be larger than expected

This should have happened long ago. Not very good and a hidden cost on your cable bill. I think the NFL will be trimming some soon as well.

Burnem, looks pretty good but I don't see Carolina going for Howard that early. I agree with the mockers who have McCaffrey at that spot. I also think Brantley, Peppers, and Conley are dead in the water. I expect to see a massive drop for all three over their issues.

Fadaar

That guy
Seeing anything heavily attached to cable tv getting destroyed makes me disturbingly happy

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
All I want is for the Browns not to fuck this up and give the Niners Garrett. Other than that, boring day for me.

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

This should have happened long ago. Not very good and a hidden cost on your cable bill. I think the NFL will be trimming some soon as well.

Burnem, looks pretty good but I don't see Carolina going for Howard that early. I agree with the mockers who have McCaffrey at that spot. I also think Brantley, Peppers, and Conley are dead in the water. I expect to see a massive drop for all three over their issues.
I read someone's opinion about it, and the fact that they went highly political recently and their bullshit costs added to cable really make it hard to feel bad for them. I know the network isn't necessarily the same as the people losing their jobs, but whatever.

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
So I want McCaffrey to go to the Panthers - how many backfields have had a black QB and a white RB?

• 2Like

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Don't know what you read but their ratings have been the same. It isn't the political angles. Pure cord cutting and them paying outrage fees for NFL, MLB, NBA, etc.

As for the draft please please Cleveland fuck this up and take the QB. Please dont let Myles go to that shitfest.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Oh they burned the field. MY MAN DILFER IS UNEMPLOYED!!!

Oh, and Ed Werder, too. About 100 in all, last I heard.