NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thankfully Jerrah isn't really having that protest shit; Elliot may still be viable!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you have early picks consider yourselves lucky. Picking 8th in mine and all these RB's around that spot have these minor injuries popping up.

Merrith

Take Clyde Edwards-Helaire if he's available

He wasn't, though he would have been my pick. My buddy picking 6th had told me he was taking him there unless Kamara fell. Ended up going CMC, Barkley, Zeke, Henry, Kamara, Helaire, Cook first 7 picks. Kinda panicked and took Thomas although I think he's good value at 8th overall (half PPR). Problem is I ended up with Kenyan Drake and Mostert as my top two RB's (Ronald Jones, Zach Moss, Chase Edmonds behind them. My WR room looks okay, though. Thomas, Robinson, Sutton, AJ Green.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think you'll be OK with Mostert this year. I know the 49ers, and Shanahan specifically, is more RB by committee but I think he's going to break that trend this year. He won't get 20+ touches every game, but he should be the clear lead back. (assuming he stays healthy)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't know, Jerick McKinnon is healthy this year and Shanahan is apparently a big fan of him. I know he's more interested in his abilities in the passing game, but I'll be surprised if he's not in there a lot this season, pending injuries of course.

Merrith

I think you'll be OK with Mostert this year. I know the 49ers, and Shanahan specifically, is more RB by committee but I think he's going to break that trend this year. He won't get 20+ touches every game, but he should be the clear lead back. (assuming he stays healthy)

I just hate the committee shit, and Shanahan is one of the worst offenders of this. I didn't want Melvin Gordon or David Johnson in the 3rd, though...and if not Mostert in the 4th the other choice was Bell, and I'm just avoiding the Jets' offense like the plague in all leagues aside from maybe Crowder in the later rounds as a solid volume bench/WR3/Flex possibility.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
God I hope youre right. I didnt want to draft him but he was the best option in the 4th. Got him and CEH as my top 2 RBs.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
He wasn't, though he would have been my pick. My buddy picking 6th had told me he was taking him there unless Kamara fell. Ended up going CMC, Barkley, Zeke, Henry, Kamara, Helaire, Cook first 7 picks. Kinda panicked and took Thomas although I think he's good value at 8th overall (half PPR). Problem is I ended up with Kenyan Drake and Mostert as my top two RB's (Ronald Jones, Zach Moss, Chase Edmonds behind them. My WR room looks okay, though. Thomas, Robinson, Sutton, AJ Green.
What about Ekeler?

Merrith

Good pick for someone. He is the Chargers number 1 back in a run first offense.

I think he'll be good, but I just worry that whole offense takes a step back with Taylor. Also a lot of Ekeler's value was the fact that Rivers basically was either a Fuck It Go Deep guy or check down to RB. Not sure he'll catch the same volume of passes. It's also why I still think Hines will have a role for the Colts on 3rd downs with Taylor/Mack splitting up the early down workload.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This isn't the fantasy football thread...

clfb1.jpg

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think he'll be good, but I just worry that whole offense takes a step back with Taylor. Also a lot of Ekeler's value was the fact that Rivers basically was either a Fuck It Go Deep guy or check down to RB. Not sure he'll catch the same volume of passes. It's also why I still think Hines will have a role for the Colts on 3rd downs with Taylor/Mack splitting up the early down workload.
Taylor is a much worse QB than Rivers. No doubt about that. The team is going to be a shit show but im thinking the running should be good with the line improvements. Then again doubt many fear Taylor throwing the ball. So who knows.

• 1Like