NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

Fadaar

That guy
Datsyuk gets a 2 minute minor for getting his tooth knocked out. And Tampa gets a 2 minute minor on a phantom call. Officiating in this game is all around awful.
Yeah it's been spectacularly awful. Goddamn Lightning are giving me hope, I know they'll let me down soon.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Justin Abdelkader needs to be suspended for a game
Paquette and Bloundin jump on abdelkaer when he's trying to back up Richards. Bloundin earned his face pounding.

Won't matter if he is gone. Wings are done. Z is slowing down big time, Howard is terrible and the defense is a dumpster fire.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Unreal. If this happened in Montreal or Toronto there would be fucking riots. They need to change the rule so your skate can be off the ice as long as your full body isn't across the blueline before the puck crosses it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know most of you hate NBC's broadcasts (is it because of Pierre?), but Saturday the Rags/Pens game, and Sunday the Blues/Hawks games will both be on NBC. It's nice for me since I only use an over the air antenna now, and I hate streaming the NHL.
I watch playoff games at the bar when possible, couldn't care less who the announcers are. But at home I hate everyone pretty much.

Except Mike Lange, but he's radio only.

Araxen

Kenny Albert and his partners are the best commentary team they have on NBC.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Shilling hard for like 10 minutes straight about Brass' skate looking offsides on that goal when he had possession anyway. Yet another reason why NBC bites the bird.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah that was stupid. Even at this bar the diehards gave up on it after the replay.

Also I was wrong. Yandle trying to brain Malkin, not Glass.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Good first period. I have no idea how Ovi missed that wide open net. Holtby was money on the 5 on 3 PK.

Edit: Wow, what a blunder by Mason.

Merrith

Mason...wow. I actually thought we got outplayed a little in the 1st, but PP working magic for once in the playoffs.

Chimera will never score a weirder goal.

Merrith

Holtby had a hell of a game. Really, the only goal was from Orpik fucking him.
Holtby pretty much "won" the game in the 1st period and in allowing nothing during the extended 5 on 3. Flyers were pretty dominant in the 1st overall. 2nd period was a little better, if weird with the Chimera goal and Orpik losing the puck between his own feet...but definitely more even. By the time the 3rd rolled around we were up 2 and decided to throw some weight around. Holy shit at that counter hit from Carlson on Schenn behind our net. Our top 6 did just fine possession wise, but the bottom 6 got murdered.

Overall though our goaltending has better (obviously), but we've completely won the special teams battle. 8 for 8 on the PK, 3 for 8 on the PP. Was nice to see Ovechkin and Backstrom get on the board, I still can't believe Kuznetsov's line hasn't scored yet, they generate a lot of chances.

Merrith

Bah, well, I read this thread and am sadface about the Kings.
Don't be too sad yet. 2 years ago San Jose was up 3-0 on the Kings in Round 1. We know how that ended.

But this year's Sharks might be different.