NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Gonna be a fun series. Lightning won all three regular season matchups but that means fuckall in the playoffs. Still glad we don't have to play the Caps though.
I'm too lazy to check those stats but on Habs side. The 2 years Boston lost all matches Vs Montr?al during season and bested the habs in playoff. Habs once won playoff again them but lost all regular season matches. I think It's the same with Tampa Bay from a few years back. Habs lost all matches VS Tampa Bay during Reg and won to them in playoff.

We won all reg season matches is not a good sign for me usually. The penguins did improve quite a lot during last month of the season.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Orpik certainly did his team no favors this series. He's gotta have a pretty big target himself.
That high stick was as brutal as it comes. I know we ended up coming back and tying it, thanks in part to something I've never seen before (the 3 straight DOG), but that play really put us behind the 8 ball. Alzner being too hurt to continue was probably the biggest loss.

In the end though, what doomed us was the lack of secondary scoring/production from any of the depth guys. Ovechkin and Oshie showed up again. Backstrom got a helper (although overall I didn't think he played that well in this series, but he always disappears come round 2), Carlson scored again. Even Williams continued his streak last night. But Kuznetsov, Burakovsky, etc. Nothing. Even Johannson who had a strong 1st round (On the PP at least) only managed 1 goal and no helpers in this series. The entire bottom 6 did absolutely nothing aside from Beagle.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oshie played his dick off.

3rd period had me ready to pull my hair out.

All is right in the world today. Caps out in round 2 and the Pens caused it. If I was capable of feeling empathy for the Caps I'd definitely feel bad for Ovie and Holtby.

Merrith

Oshie played his dick off.

3rd period had me ready to pull my hair out.

All is right in the world today. Caps out in round 2 and the Pens caused it. If I was capable of feeling empathy for the Caps I'd definitely feel bad for Ovie and Holtby.
Don't feel as bad for Holtby. He had his share in this loss. Honestly the only Caps I feel really bad for are Ovechkin, Oshie, and Carlson. They did their part. Good luck going forward. Which just means, your team is good, but I hope Tampa kicks the shit out of you.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm too lazy to check those stats but on Habs side. The 2 years Boston lost all matches Vs Montr?al during season and bested the habs in playoff. Habs once won playoff again them but lost all regular season matches. I think It's the same with Tampa Bay from a few years back. Habs lost all matches VS Tampa Bay during Reg and won to them in playoff.

We won all reg season matches is not a good sign for me usually. The penguins did improve quite a lot during last month of the season.
Last year the Lightning beat the Habs all 5 matchups in the regular season and won 4-3 in the playoffs. Year before the Habs swept us in the playoffs, but that was also after Bishop went down with like a week left in the season.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Carl Hagelin has been in the league for 5 seasons. In that span the Caps have made the playoffs 4 times. Carl Hagelin's team has eliminated them all 4 years.

Which all sounds more crazy than it is, the Rangers knocked them out the other 3 with Hagelin on the team is all.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh shit, Bishop looks to be in an incredible amount of pain. That really sucks.

I mean... for him and the Lightning. From a totally callous perspective it's great for the Pens. But man that really sucks.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
*flips table*

welp grats penguins have fun in the finals
Orly?

I mentioned the idea of feeling bad for some Caps, but if the Lightning don't win the Cup this year I will legit feel sympathy. They are getting fucking ROCKED by injuries to all their stars and just playing though it.

Merrith

Orly?

I mentioned the idea of feeling bad for some Caps, but if the Lightning don't win the Cup this year I will legit feel sympathy. They are getting fucking ROCKED by injuries to all their stars and just playing though it.
If they manage to do it down the guys they are that is just sick. Their young guys just keep getting it done. Can't be anything but impressed.

I'll be honest though, I think the West is going to win it. Blues/Sharks is like dream West for me.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know it's not NHL necessarily, but god damn...

He couldn't have pulled some of that bullshit against the Pens?

Fadaar

That guy
Well fuck me sideways, Bolts seem to give no fucks who's injured. So far the injury report has Bishop listed as day to day, so I'd expect him to be back for game 3 on Wednesday (which I'll be going to!) at the earliest.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
The way he fell backwards like that, he did something bad to his knee. I'd be surprised if he was back at all this year.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No hearing for Callahan. Fuckdiculous. Pens are gonna have to call up Tom Sestito at some point these playoffs to just blatantly mangle a few guys while being bad at actually playing hockey.

Also Olli Maattaaattataaa isterribleright now. Has been for most of the latter half of this season but it's just getting worse the more beat up he gets.