NHL 2016-17 Season

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So much for that Columbus streak. Caps finally getting some production from up and down the lineup.

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
Rough game...grats Caps and Pens fans. Anyways, still extremely proud of this team and I just hope they bounce back and crush the Rangers.

Merrith

Rough game...grats Caps and Pens fans. Anyways, still extremely proud of this team and I just hope they bounce back and crush the Rangers.

Shit is still impressive as fuck. Banked a lot of points too. Obviously you worry about a let down after it has ended but if they get back on track relatively quickly, they can be an average team the rest of the way and make the playoffs. Kudos to the Jackets for quite a ride.

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I think I read if they go .500 the rest of the way they will hit 102 points or something like that. Everything Torts said in his post game was pretty accurate and I felt the same way. They played a good 1.5 periods, but a few bounces didn't go our way, Holtby made some good saves, and we just lost our motivation around mid of the 2nd period.

It'll be a good learning experience for them with all the pressure they had so hopefully they learned something. I am still a little sad because I have tickets to the Rangers game on Saturday and that would have been a pretty epic atmosphere.

Merrith

Caps keep rolling. Holtby's shutout streak ended up getting stopped around 165 minutes, Ovechkin with 3 points is now sitting on 999 for his career with the Pens coming to town Wed night. His goal tonight in Montreal also tied him with Richard all time.

Haka

N00b
Canucks are winning and I don't want them to.

It's all gonna come crashing down. Unfortunately probably not far enough for a good draft pick.

Merrith

Vintage Ovechkin. Good game though, took way too many penalties to let Pens sorta be back in it. Metro is rough.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You said it several weeks ago, but you really can't even drop a single game to keep pace. It's absolutely ridiculous.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Pretty bummed i'm just now tuning into Pens/Caps, game is nuts.

Edit: haha, NHL's sweetheart gets away with another. Way to sour an otherwise great game.

Last edited:

Merrith

Pretty bummed i'm just now tuning into Pens/Caps, game is nuts.

Edit: haha, NHL's sweetheart gets away with another. Way to sour an otherwise great game.

Well after everything they missed earlier in the game (Oshie taking a clear head shot with partial butt end of stick to no call, the pretty obvious goalie interference on their 6th goal after we had come back to tie it at 5), shouldn't be surprising. Obviously there was some shit play on our part there (especially on the 4 on 4 that started their comeback), but the amount of missed calls and bounces that went against us tonight were insane. I'll take the point and sort of enjoy a throwback to the 80's game. 15 fucking goals. Goalie that gave up the most goals got the win, and one that gave up the least ended up taking the L. Crazy. Hope we see them again in the playoffs.

Some people complaining about interference on the OT goal, personally I didn't have an issue with that, just the missed trip at the start of OT.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Few months ago, but just saw it. Apple doesn't fall far with this kid, embarrasing for Kesler.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Kesler should realize that's not his thing these days. Ouch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Caps need to calm down. Supposed to be under the radar in the Metro and wait until March to start heating up.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeeeeah, flying under the radar! That's what Lundqvist and co. are doing! They are totally saving it for the playoffs, I swear!!

Seriously though, i'll be rooting for that first WC spot again. No way do I trust ny's defense to win 4 against any of the teams currently seeded in the Metro bracket. Let them fucks murder each other tbh.