Nine Inch Nails - New album is done

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Meh, its okay IMO. Im a bigger fan of his older stuff like Downward Spiral, Fragile, and Broken. After that, it got too synthy for my taste. I liked a few songs off ghosts and year zero, but thats about it.

That being said, glad to have him back.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Anyone grab some of the pre-sale tickets that went up today?
I plan on making the Phoenix and El Paso shows.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
November 16th, Vegas, it's on bitches!

When they do "Wish", I'm going nuclear in the pit.
I remember reading Trent saying something along the lines of "I'm sick of doing the greatest hits bullshit" in regards to this tour. They could end up playing mostly new material.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
He says that. He also said he wouldn't tour as NIN again. I'm sure we'll hear some of the old hits.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
I could ramble off 20 songs off the top of his head that if he doesn't play we'll have riots. I would like to hear Ringfinger, shit hasn't been played live since '88.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Got me some floor/GA tickets for their show in Edmonton, looking forward to it. Sort of shitty that you can only get 2 with the NIN.com presale, 4 would be nice. But either way I appreciate the effort on NIN's part to ensure that fans get good seats without having to buy scalped tickets like with most concerts these days. Within 48 hours of Mumford and Sons' concert going on sale here, approximately 15% of the seats were up for sale on Stubhub.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Grew up a big fan and will see them if I'm off when they come to New Orleans.

I had a producer friend ruin my NiN world when he told me the band fake played 90% of their live show. Not sure how true it was, but I believed it enough to think lesser of them.

Arakkis

N00b
A large part of NIN is electronica. Of course a bunch of it isn't going to be done live. Then again even if this is fake playing it is spot on.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm realistic about things, I'm sure a lot of the synth stuff is looped or whatever, or at least was in the past. So long as the drums, vocals, and at least some of the guitar is authentic that's good enough for me. I'd imagine that it's gotten easier over the years to actually play a lot of the synth parts as well with better tech.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Reznor has always prided himself about the lack of backing tracks used in his live shows. Most of it is performed with real instruments.

There is 100% no doubt that the Freese video is him playing. It's really obvious when he hits the cymbals and toms. Those are very tough sounds to fake.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I got to check out his studio on Magazine St. down here in the NO once, creepy place man.

The front door is was shipped in from the family's home murdered by Manson's people and it kind of sets that creepy something isn't right in here tone to the whole place. Still - its not his anymore but the place is still creepy.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Really hope they bring the tour down here for the summer festival season, huge fan but never had a chance to see him live
frown.png

Musab

Molten Core Raider
I got to check out his studio on Magazine St. down here in the NO once, creepy place man.

The front door is was shipped in from the family's home murdered by Manson's people and it kind of sets that creepy something isn't right in here tone to the whole place. Still - its not his anymore but the place is still creepy.
He tore the house down when he moved out.

W

Wrathcaster

As poor as I am right now, went ahead and got tickets for the Nashville show. Got mad respect for Trent, he always does a show in TN even after skipping over huge venues like Dallas and plenty other big cities. Think one year he skipped a few huge cities and still played Knoxville and Nashville a few days apart. First show I ever saw was actually in the south, in possibly the greatest venue I could see him: the Tabernacle. Converted Cathedral for the And All That Could Have Been tour? Fuck. Yes. First really big show I went to on my own after high school.

Say what you want about his newer music, and I will. I'm a huge NIN fan but I just didn't like The Slip. Everything else was cool with me, especially Ghosts, but imo the Slip sucked and I saw that performed live several times. He didn't play anything from it other than Discipline both times. Think he kinda knew it wasn't that great. He's totally not the Downward Spiral coked up suicidal motherfucker anymore that drew alot of people in, but I can deal.

Honestly, I've liked the How to Destroy Angels stuff he's done recently a ton more than The Slip. People have been talking shit about Mariqueen being his Yoko but IMO he's done nothing but awesome since he married the chick and had kids. We'll see how it works out after Hesitation Marks is released but Welcome Oblivion was stuck in my playlist forever after I heard it the first time. One thing I always thought about NIN is that the music could incorporate a female singer really, really exquisitely if done right. I'm thinking he's probably going to keep her out of the new album but I'm not one of those people who will lose his shit if she ends up on a track or two.

Regardless, I've seen countless shows around the world and honestly there's no one I've ever seen that consistently can put on as exquisite a live show as NIN (whoever it's composed of at the time). He's just an awesome performer and he makes it just unique enough each time to make it worth it every time.

Really looking forward to the new one, really hoping it's not The Slip 2.0.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I agree about The Slip, I have a ton of respect with him for releasing a free album, but it's his only album I don't listen to on a regular basis.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Year Zero is by far the worst. Dude went overboard with politics with that album.