Nine Inch Nails - New album is done

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I can see how the political slant would annoy some people, but I still thought Year Zero was great on a musical level.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've never seen NIN live, but I'm a big fan. I like The Slip. 1 mil is a sick track. Really looking forward to the Outside Lands show.

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
NIN live is amazing. Badass renditions of old favorites just fucking slay. Personally don't dig the newer stuff too much, also noticed that since with teeth he puts lyrics like "im not who I used to be" in there somewhere. Always wondered if it was his way of saying he simply isnt in the mindset to make albums like broken or downward spiral anymore.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Year Zero is by far the worst. Dude went overboard with politics with that album.
This is at least the tenth post of yours complaining about Year Zero I've seen. It's pretty comical how offended you were by Reznor shitting on your political beliefs. Lyrics aside, Year Zero is a pretty awesome album from start to finish. There's hardly any mediocre or bad songs on it.

I would agree that The Slip had a lot of dead spots on it, as did With Teeth.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Shitting on my beliefs? Bro Im not a conservative/republican. Either way the political aspect was only half of it, the music itself was too out there. Great Destroyer being a good example.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
You're bad and your opinion is bad. You should feel ashamed, that was one of the better songs on the album.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
As poor as I am right now, went ahead and got tickets for the Nashville show. Got mad respect for Trent, he always does a show in TN even after skipping over huge venues like Dallas and plenty other big cities. Think one year he skipped a few huge cities and still played Knoxville and Nashville a few days apart. First show I ever saw was actually in the south, in possibly the greatest venue I could see him: the Tabernacle. Converted Cathedral for the And All That Could Have Been tour? Fuck. Yes. First really big show I went to on my own after high school.

Say what you want about his newer music, and I will. I'm a huge NIN fan but I just didn't like The Slip. Everything else was cool with me, especially Ghosts, but imo the Slip sucked and I saw that performed live several times. He didn't play anything from it other than Discipline both times. Think he kinda knew it wasn't that great. He's totally not the Downward Spiral coked up suicidal motherfucker anymore that drew alot of people in, but I can deal.

Honestly, I've liked the How to Destroy Angels stuff he's done recently a ton more than The Slip. People have been talking shit about Mariqueen being his Yoko but IMO he's done nothing but awesome since he married the chick and had kids. We'll see how it works out after Hesitation Marks is released but Welcome Oblivion was stuck in my playlist forever after I heard it the first time. One thing I always thought about NIN is that the music could incorporate a female singer really, really exquisitely if done right. I'm thinking he's probably going to keep her out of the new album but I'm not one of those people who will lose his shit if she ends up on a track or two.

Regardless, I've seen countless shows around the world and honestly there's no one I've ever seen that consistently can put on as exquisite a live show as NIN (whoever it's composed of at the time). He's just an awesome performer and he makes it just unique enough each time to make it worth it every time.

Really looking forward to the new one, really hoping it's not The Slip 2.0.
I skipped grabbing tickets this time around, kind of thinking I might regret it. Saw them in Nashville in 2005 with QotSA and in 2008 (Lights in the Sky tour). Both shows were on Halloween and both were fucking awesome.

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I feel like David Lynch is doing full-blown digital for the first time here.

The kid in the candy store has too many options, so he chose all of them.

W

Wrathcaster

I skipped grabbing tickets this time around, kind of thinking I might regret it. Saw them in Nashville in 2005 with QotSA and in 2008 (Lights in the Sky tour). Both shows were on Halloween and both were fucking awesome.
I was at both shows. Did you notice the dude out of his mind on acid both times? The guy that made out with a chick who turned out to be Skeletor in '05? Yeah, I was definitely that guy. I was also the guy at the 2008 show dressed as the disabled hamburglar. Had dislocated my shoulder 2 days before, said fuck it, tossed the sling away, and ended up permanently fucking over my right arm so I could properly fist pump.

On the issue of Year Zero, I fucking loved it. Going through the whole ARG they did before it fully released probably helped. That giant fucking god/alien disaster hand still haunts my dreams, and every time I get weird tasting tapwater I think about the in-universe plot device of government-treated pacification water. Also, Me, I'm Not is not only badass, but my intro song whenever I break into MMA or pro wrestling.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
First show was played last night. Looks like there are a decent amount of old school tunes along with new stuff. I like it.

1. Copy of A (World premiere)
2. Sanctified (Altered version; first performance since 1996)
3. Came Back Haunted (Live premiere)
4. 1000000
5. March of the Pigs
6. Piggy
7. Reptile
8. Terrible Lie
9. Closer
10. Gave Up
11. Help Me I Am in Hell
12. Me, I'm Not
13. Find My Way (World premiere)
14. The Way Out Is Through
15. Wish
16. Survivalism
17. The Good Soldier
18. Only
19. The Hand that Feeds
20. Head Like a Hole
21. Hurt

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Festival line up is different than arena tour, but that version of Sanctified better make it to the set list.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can a mod just name this thread The Official Nine Nails Thread or something?

NIN is going to be live streamed at Lollapalooza tonight...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK6zhpuBZVo

The Killers are on right now and it's a good pretty show. I should have went there tonight but that fucking crowd. I'm too old for this shit. ><

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Trent already blowing away The Killers three songs in.... I feel bad doubting Trent and NIN.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
I love how much energy Ilan puts into his sets. Drums are so fucking bad ass!

Musab

Molten Core Raider
So sad that the crowd is motherfucking lifeless. Standing still during Gave Up... Come on!

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I know. I was laughing when Closer started because you could tell the crowd of dipshit kids finally recognized a song.