Palum

what Suineg set it to
Oh man hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nintendo keeps upcucking themselves

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
LOL what the fuck Nintendo? Funny thing is I'm almost tempted to buy one over a Switch just for the upgrade lol. I do like the new look of it, still get alot of mileage out of my 3DS atm, my current one seems to lag a bit when I use the OS so if it takes a dive at least this is an option.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Let the dust collecting commence.

RbQQaIK.jpg

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
If I were a Switch owner I'd be pretty salty about that new 2DS. I'd want that ecosystem folded into Switch sooner rather than later.

Instead we'll probably be getting one of those for my son later this year and maybe consider whatever is after the Switch.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yep. Nintendo should have done the following:

Consolidated all development to the Switch.
End of Life'd everything but the Switch.
Made online functionality live on the Switch
Come out with the same power as a PS4 for Docked and make the dock something other than an HDMI passthrough with a piece of plastic.
Launched with VC and Apps
Launched in the fall.

All of which make absolute sense to even my dog Bailey. Yet, escape the minds of the Ninja's over in Japan.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I just don't understand why they didn't implement the 3DS carts into the switch, it would have been worth it then. Same for the classic roms.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
They could have done so many EASY things to make this a must buy.

It's crazy how inept this company is.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. It's not like it took a lot of resources or anything to design. It's literally just a re-release of the new 3ds xl without the 3D screen at a lower msrp.

The software library for DS is immense, they aren't just going to stop making the hardware even when they stop releasing new titles.

If they do actually keep on making DS games beyond what is already planned, then yeah they are fucking up.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That was my hope that the Switch would have been compatible will all the DS games. This would have made it a no brainer to me and it would have had an instant collection of awesome games. VC from day one with adding more and more classic games as time goes by and it would have been amazing.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That was my hope that the Switch would have been compatible will all the DS games. This would have made it a no brainer to me and it would have had an instant collection of awesome games. VC from day one with adding more and more classic games as time goes buy and it would have been amazing.
That would have been really cool, but hard to really pull off without a second screen. I can only imagine how shitty a DS game would look on TV though.

When they do finally sunset the DS, I'm guessing we will see something like a switch mini that's closer to the form factor of a 3dsxl with a closable lid and built in controls. The switch as it is right now is absolutely not a replacement for kids. Too fragile and bulky.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
And this is where I tell man o war the ds generation is going absolutely no where anytime soon and Nintendo already knows the switch will fail.

Not sure how the New 2DS proves your point. It's not new hardware - it's the same guts of the New 3DS without the 3D. It's SKU consolidation and cost reduction. I'm pretty sure this New 2DS will be the main SKU they push for the 3DS line because it's already been hard to find the New 3DS/3DS XL since Christmas.

There's no reason for them to stop selling 3DS/2DS hardware - they still sold a million software for it last month and it has a huge library. Doesn't mean Nintendo themselves are going to continue software development on it for much longer.

Remember the Gameboy Micro and DSi XL both released right before or even after their successors hit the market. This is the same type of move.

• 1Salty

spronk

FPS noob
lets put it in terms all us studs can understand. if you're at the bar looking for a girl to fuck, the last thing in the world you wanna do is bring your buddy Chris Hemsworth over to talk to the ladies. Dude looks like a greek god, has a huge visible dick line in his pants, and has a foreign accent which gets panties wet. Now your chances of smashing are gone and the thirst is real

S18G9gs.jpg

Now in this scenario the switch is you, a decent system but nothing that gets panties dropping but with a little hard work and in the wee hours of closing call, your chances are pretty good of finding someone who doesn't have many options and will settle. Chris Hemsworth is the 2DS XL in cool colors and looking sexy and having a huge throbbing library. I think the asian chick is kids, i'm sorta getting lost in the metaphor

fucking kids all using tinder and shit now anyways

• 7Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 7 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I kind of want that 2DS XL. Have there been any killer DS titles since Bravely Default came out? I kind of stopped playing my 3DS after that came out.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Hell, more than 70% of the games coming out on Switch are ports of 3DS/2DS titles. And vis a vis.

I wouldn't touch a switch with a ten foot pole until 2-3 years from now minimum. Since everyone is screaming it's for portability, and if you want that, 2DS/3DS line destroys it in every way shape and form aside from not being able to play the new Zelda, Mario Kart, etc. If you are looking for indie and games like Bravely? And portability? No reason to go any other way.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
A system that can play games going back 13 years has more content than one that was released 2 months ago? You don't say.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I kind of want that 2DS XL. Have there been any killer DS titles since Bravely Default came out? I kind of stopped playing my 3DS after that came out.

I would say the Fire Emblem games are a must if you are into Strategy RPGs. Can be a challenging series but you can tailor the difficulty how you like.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
A system that can play games going back 13 years has more content than one that was released 2 months ago? You don't say.

And the kicker is they look the same as Switch games! :p

Now tell me you didn't see that one coming.

And oops. Nintendo bowing out of a formal press conference at E3 again. We all know how well it went with last years' treehouse.

Stock up Switch owners!

18891cd05f9bdbf6469f520116dccaa8.jpg

2014%2F10%2Fpledge.jpg

• 1Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I don't get all of the unbridled love for the 3D/2DS. Sure, they're fun little portables and its ancient game library is massive, but the screen is garbage. Like I said before, I have the latest 3DS (I also had the original version) and the Switch in portable mode is a fucking titanic improvement.

I don't disagree that Nintendo is more than a little retarded, but come on now. Yet another repackaged DS with a screen resolution that just might make your Commodore 64 jealous isn't exactly enticing me to pop my Switch on eBay.

• 2Like