Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Crisco

A greasy jar
What if I keep playing switch and it collects dust? Do I have bad housekeeping skills? I'm so confused.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Nintendo switch. Fun for the whole family.

Grab your dusters kids! Time for chores.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Sorry for the slight derail, but for someone looking for a portible gamingsystem for the kid...

What is the diff between the current (in store now) "new" Nintendo 3DS XL and the comming 2DS XL? Is it just the 3D aspect, or is the new portable better?

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I have the left joycon sync issue. Are we supposed to contact Nintendo directly for the fix? Taking it back to best buy won't help if they all suffer from the flaw, right?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My friend has a Switch and he got Mario Kart 8 over the weekend. 4 of us played for about 3 hours Saturday night. A few things stood out to me:

1. Nintendo makes the best party games. Nobody does local multiplayer better.
2. No perceivable difference between WiiU and Switch. There is zero difference I can see on screen between the two systems.
3. The controllers are TINY. I mean, made for babies tiny. The only people that could find these joy-cons comfortable must have itty-bitty little cuck-hands.
4. Mario Kart was the only game he had, because he sold back Zelda to get Mario Kart and there are no other games on the entire system, lul.

My friend is the type of Nintendo fanboy that buys everything they put out. He does zero research, never visits message boards, and it mostly removed from the online community. He seemed pretty disappointed with everything so far.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Sorry for the slight derail, but for someone looking for a portible gamingsystem for the kid...

What is the diff between the current (in store now) "new" Nintendo 3DS XL and the comming 2DS XL? Is it just the 3D aspect, or is the new portable better?

the exact same screens, layout, CPU/GPU, controls, buttons, etc. No 3D of course. Significantly cheaper at $149 msrp vs $249 I think? Slightly thinner, exact same width/height I believe

One big diff though is that the microSD card is aligned along side the game cart slot, whereas in the 3DS XL the microSD slot is inside and requires you to unscrew the back panel to change. Most of the time you just insert the microSD card and never change it but if you do the homebrew stuff (which may not be possible with the 2DS XL) you have to swap it out a few times.

Also Mario Kart 8 has been selling like gangbusters, 500k copies sold in NA on first day and Nintendo already saying its the fastest selling Mario Kart in franchise history. Still, until we get to the day when anyone can get a switch anytime they want its really hard to say much other than Nintendo fans are still out there and number at least 5m people. Will there be more than 8m, 10m, 20m Nintendo buyers though? Nintendo seems to believe it.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I have the left joycon sync issue. Are we supposed to contact Nintendo directly for the fix? Taking it back to best buy won't help if they all suffer from the flaw, right?

Everything I have read says contact Nintendo directly.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah contact Nintendo directly and they will fix the issue free of charge.

kudos

<Banned>
The original Xbox had some great local multiplayer games. That all died in order to get Xbox Live sales. Dreamcast had some good ones too.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
My friend has a Switch and he got Mario Kart 8 over the weekend. 4 of us played for about 3 hours Saturday night. A few things stood out to me:

2. No perceivable difference between WiiU and Switch. There is zero difference I can see on screen between the two systems.

I've A/B'd both on my big screen and it's immediately noticeable that the Switch is sharper and smoother. It also holds its frame rate much better when you add additional players, as it should.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
720p60 to 1080p60 should be noticable depending on the display and furthest distant viewer.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

3. The controllers are TINY. I mean, made for babies tiny. The only people that could find these joy-cons comfortable must have itty-bitty little cuck-hands.
4. Mario Kart was the only game he had, because he sold back Zelda to get Mario Kart and there are no other games on the entire system, lul.

My friend is the type of Nintendo fanboy that buys everything they put out. He does zero research, never visits message boards, and it mostly removed from the online community. He seemed pretty disappointed with everything so far.

One thing has stood out to me. You and three other people played Mario Cart for three hours on Saturday night.

• 1Salty
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
One thing has stood out to me. You and three other people played Mario Cart for three hours on Saturday night.

What's wrong with that? As much as I rip the Switch (And rightfully so) Mario Kart with friends in the same room is hilarious. I won't buy a switch to do it, but it's still a lot of fun. I like Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed a lot better though on Steam.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
you sound like a man who hosted 3 people for a Saturday night with a switch.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So now you're hating on someone who posts on a video game forum for getting together with his friends to play video games?

• 2Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
  • 2Like