Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So now you're hating on someone who posts on a video game forum for getting together with his friends to play video games?

for a guy who says he hasnt bought a switch but constantly shits on this thread? You bet.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh hey Jooka. I thought you killed yourself or something because some guy you gave a free PS4 to gave it to another guy and you went all crazy jealous ex on him.

Glad to see you are still among the living.

• 3Like
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
That would be to two brothers who aren't that fortunate, bandwagon was kind enough to make that happen.

Crisco

A greasy jar
I have the left joycon sync issue. Are we supposed to contact Nintendo directly for the fix? Taking it back to best buy won't help if they all suffer from the flaw, right?
Was super easy, they emailed me overnight shipping label, put in mail Monday, received fixed one Wednesday. Very friendly and spent maybe 10 minutes on phone total.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah, I've heard since they got their heads around the problem and the fix that Nintendo is super easy to deal with getting the joycon sync issue fixed. Or really any hardware issue for that matter.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is Amazon’s best-selling game of 2017 so far

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is Amazon’s best-selling game of 2017 so far

I'm quite surprised by that.

I am not. It is early in the year and cumulative. Sony gift cards are out selling it and this changes continually. It just means Amazon isn't selling a lot of video games as a source of revenue / units pushed. Amazon has a limited feature set with Prime when it comes to this particular area. You can only get the 20% new game bonus for the limited time window of 2 weeks after launch and on preorders, where as with Best Buy it is any new game at any time. That in of itself is a big deal. Also, Amazon keeps missing game day release shipments and not a lot of gamers trust them any longer to get their game to them on time. They are going to brick and mortars. Add to that, Amazon Visa / Discover / MC prime card holders cannot apply their point dollars to preorders (Which is stupid)

So...

Not saying it isn't selling. I am sure it is. But it's selling to 2.76 million people who are starved for any content already.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I know! It's like part 1 of a 2 part dlc.

Part 2 will be new story and more content.

Part 2 I am interested in seeing.

Part 1 looks like Skins cut from the game, a map feature which would have been quality of life for the game itself on launch, and a mini quest to reduce all weapon degradation from the Master Sword.

Part 2 may be worth it depending on what "New story" means.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It's no Witcher 3 DLC, but as long as the 2nd DLC is good then I don't have an issue with it. So long as they made it after the game went Gold, developers gotta get paid too and $60 for a game is super cheap in 2017 based on 20 years of inflation.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
No. We just had our wallet's raped when we were younger. With that said, games are cheaper than 60. 47.99 maximum now with gamers club so I am paying less money than 15 years ago out of pocket with more complex games which leads me to believe how well the industry had it back in the day.

Obviously the 1st DLC is all cut content. The 2nd will be interesting to see though if they are adding a completely different story to it, ala Undead Nightmare (Which was great DLC for Red Dead Redemption.)

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The inflation argument is god damn stupid and always has been. Games didn't sell as many copies back then because the market wasn't as big and there was less competition in not only entertainment choices but in gaming devices. You also had added cost of the media itself which added to the price of the game. All of these factors go into the price that the market can charge.

These days you have much higher budgets for games but also have a higher reward as the games industry has huge market penetration compared to the 80's. There is nothing super cheap about a $60 game when you consider all the other entertainment choices it is competing with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Not to mention half the time there are no more distribution costs either. That same digital game that you can't trade in is full price without any way to get a gamers club discount.

Which is why I laugh at some Nintendo fans. "Reason being that these games for the Switch are more expensive is because of the high price for cartridges"... Looks at the Eshop, same price for the digital version... "Oh... Ok sure"

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Nintendo told publishers their digital and physical pricing has to be the same, unless they offer something in addition to the game in the physical.

At least it's not NieR Automata's first DLC that just released today. $14 for 3 costumes and an arena map.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Nintendo told publishers their digital and physical pricing has to be the same, unless they offer something in addition to the game in the physical.

Nintendo :p Another great requirement for their publishers.

At least it's not NieR Automata's first DLC that just released today. $14 for 3 costumes and an arena map.

Yep just as bad as Zelda's first DLC.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I honestly don't get mad about DLC or it being a ripoff most of the time. It's worth what people are willing to pay. If you can make a $60 game into a $80 or $100 game then more power to you. I would say my biggest beef with the industry now is games coming out on fucking consoles requiring day one patches. You have admitted to releasing a buggy and broken game if you do this. Half the time shit still doesn't work right even after the patch. I can understand this somewhat in PC's because of the different hardware configs etc that werent there 20 some years ago, but consoles? GTFO.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users