Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Siliconemelons

Is that confirmed what the Trial of the Sword will do? remove master sword durability so it truly is permanent? If so that is imo kinda silly because they went all in with plot and reason to why the master sword even has durability... now if they weave the trial of the sword into the plot then that would be good as it would be nice and a non-needed additional step to take... but as it stands now- the sword losing power was so forced and shoehorned into the plot, it seems kinda silly.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
All this talk of prices reminded me about how (I'm pretty sure) I paid $80 for A Link to the Past back in the day. $60 isn't so bad I guess.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I honestly don't get mad about DLC or it being a ripoff most of the time. It's worth what people are willing to pay. If you can make a $60 game into a $80 or $100 game then more power to you. I would say my biggest beef with the industry now is games coming out on fucking consoles requiring day one patches. You have admitted to releasing a buggy and broken game if you do this. Half the time shit still doesn't work right even after the patch. I can understand this somewhat in PC's because of the different hardware configs etc that werent there 20 some years ago, but consoles? GTFO.

Yep. Agreed. All it does is let them release games within their fiscal and rush their timelines. Plus, certification for consoles is an absolute joke now.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Is that confirmed what the Trial of the Sword will do? remove master sword durability so it truly is permanent? If so that is imo kinda silly because they went all in with plot and reason to why the master sword even has durability... now if they weave the trial of the sword into the plot then that would be good as it would be nice and a non-needed additional step to take... but as it stands now- the sword losing power was so forced and shoehorned into the plot, it seems kinda silly.

I do not actually know. Just speculation on that one based on it involves the Master Sword and the only reward that would be worth going through that exercise for.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
All this talk of prices reminded me about how (I'm pretty sure) I paid $80 for A Link to the Past back in the day. $60 isn't so bad I guess.

Oh yeah I loved that one too. Back then the Nintendo tag line was SF2 and LTTP and a few others were $74.99 on launch in the US because of the more expensive memory within the cartridge that needed to hold it only to find out both these games were the same size as anything else launched and they just took advantage of market demand. Which isn't a bad thing, but at least be honest about it and not lie or make some some other laughable excuse.

Nintendo started killing themselves in the SNES days, twisted the 3rd party licensing model knife in the N64 days, and then continued that throughout until they eased up during the Wii days. Only to come right back to trying to gouge the publishers - which is why they have little to none 3rd party support - and continuing these tactics with the Switch for some reason unknown to me.

Siliconemelons

I do not actually know. Just speculation on that one based on it involves the Master Sword and the only reward that would be worth going through that exercise for.

I could see it getting an actual power boost, base 30 and 60 for powered up mode is quite crappy once you can start carrying around 58+ Lynel 1hs and 48+ Royal 1hs - let alone the 75+ guardian 2h and the 100+ 2h blue royal weapons (whatever they are called)

I would say doubling it and doubling the durability 60/120 would make it a nice companion to join you in hard mode.

I think the master sword is indestructible when fighting ganon however.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crisco

A greasy jar
I believe its like Eventide Island, IMO the best part of the game, and when you finish the master sword is always glowing. Can still break but much stronger.

Hopefully that along with hard mode will make the game more challenging and replayable.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I believe its like Eventide Island, IMO the best part of the game, and when you finish the master sword is always glowing. Can still break but much stronger.

Hopefully that along with hard mode will make the game more challenging and replayable.

That was hilarious when I landed on there. Never did finish that one.

Siliconemelons

Yeah they stated that it was like eventide were you start at 0

Eventide was fun, extra points for killing the hynox not just stealing the orb- and NOT cheating by dropping weapons JUST outside the "start" in the water, then recovering them once you start.

I ahem...misplaced a few of the steel boxes up top by the hynox- but had one left to beat him with, only a handful of arrows- but I killed that fucker with sticks and stuff- took forever...was fun!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah they stated that it was like eventide were you start at 0

Eventide was fun, extra points for killing the hynox not just stealing the orb- and NOT cheating by dropping weapons JUST outside the "start" in the water, then recovering them once you start.

I ahem...misplaced a few of the steel boxes up top by the hynox- but had one left to beat him with, only a handful of arrows- but I killed that fucker with sticks and stuff- took forever...was fun!
I bombed him to death. Took like 10 minutes but wasn't hard.

And it is Kotaku, but:

https://www.google.com/amp/kotaku.c...o-x-rabbids-rpg-is-real-coming-1794849712/amp

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I just checked the rewards you get for that...

That's all you get? One Orb and 300 rupees? lol

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I went very early on. With like... 6 hearts. I never did go back. I should have. But still, I was able to clear multiple ruins where I would easily fund a treasure chest with 500 rupees and an orb which wasn't nearly as challenging.

None the less, I still loved the premise.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I loved that trial shrine. "Stranded on Eventide" or something like that. I died a few times trying to rush through it, but then I took my time and collected enough arrows (around 21) that the hynox was easy and it wasn't that bad. Also, I ice blocked my way from that shrine the whole way across the ocean to the other shrine by the far shore (I didn't see the damn raft) and did that one as well. Fuck, that was an awesome game. The master sword actually sucked ass, which was disappointing. By the end of the game, I didn't even use the damn thing, except on Ganon himself.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider

That's weird, I definitely paid $60 not too long after it game out. I remember that because it was an absolute bitch to find and I had saved up exactly $60 to spend on it. It was nowhere to be found the week it released, and I "settled" on Final Fantasy II instead. I was happy I did, because a few months later I turned in a straight A report card (6th grade skillz) and received another $60 to spend. ALTTP was still virtually impossible to find at that point. I distinctly recall going to the local Jamesway and gazing longingly at their SNES display case, which had just about every SNES game in view except for Zelda. Being desperate, I noticed there were tiny spaces in between some of the game boxes, and I carefully inspected each space in an attempt to determine what was behind them. After spending a couple minutes having confused looks shot my way while I bounced around staring into various areas of the display case, I saw a flash of gold far down in its depths. Holy shit, it was there and it was mine! Man, I wish I still got even half that excited over stupid shit.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Look at this one percenter getting $60 for a good report card!

• 1Solidarity

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
For sure. Trump needs to hurry up and push through my tax cuts so I can keep making Hyrule great again.

• 1Like

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Say what you want about Nintendo, but their customer service is still awesome. I called and got an American rep on the phone in two rings. He got me my shipping labels on Tuesday. Mailed it off. It's repaired and will be back by tomorrow (Friday). That's pretty fast turnaround.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah that it is. I had my Wii U brick out of warranty. They fixed it for free.