Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Your hate for not doing something with your life runs deep, I would still ask you keep it out of this thread. You talk normal in others tho, so stay out of Nintendo threads for now on.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Here jooka this link is for you. Also, SA called. They want you back.

Don’t read too much into the Switch’s successful launch numbers

That article is from the literal first week of it being on sale. Almost 3 months later, it's still selling out and is approaching 5 million sales - in one of the slowest 3 month sales periods of the year. If they can up their production a bit more in time for the Holidays it may catch the Wii U lifetime sales in just a year.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I didn't initially care about the portability, but it turns out, playing great games away from your television or computer monitor is pretty fucking awesome, and since it's outselling both the PS4 and X-box 1 compared to their launches, the rest of the world thinks it's pretty awesome, too. If you don't like Nintendo, then why the fuck are you even posting here? Why do you and the other retards post so much in this thread if you don't like the company or the system? Why do you give a shit if several million people have bought the system and are enjoying it?

Wait its selling better than the PS4 did at launch? Can I get a source? Interested in seeing the data on that.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Wait its selling better than the PS4 did at launch? Can I get a source? Interested in seeing the data on that.

No, it's not. Just another in a long line of things he's wrong about. The dude literally hasn't been right about anything in this thread.

That article is from the literal first week of it being on sale. Almost 3 months later, it's still selling out and is approaching 5 million sales - in one of the slowest 3 month sales periods of the year. If they can up their production a bit more in time for the Holidays it may catch the Wii U lifetime sales in just a year.

Where do you get 5 million in sales from?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The Nintendo Switch’s strong start continues. Last week, the gaming giant announced that its new console sold 2.74 million units from its March 3 release date to March 31, the end of Nintendo’s latest quarter.

Source: Here's how Nintendo Switch sales compare to the Wii and Wii U so far

The Nintendo Switch sold more than 280,000 units in April, following an outstanding March that found the Nintendo Switch also leading game hardware sales.

Source: Nintendo Switch Was Best-Selling Console In April In U.S., 'Mario Kart 8 Deluxe' Top Game

So unless they found a way to sell 2M units in May despite a significant decrease in sales for April they aren't anywhere near 5M.

Yes technically selling even 1 Switch means it is "approaching" 5M in sales, every sale is "approaching".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Wait a minute. Where are you seeing five million? Does that include empty box sales?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
No, it's not. Just another in a long line of things he's wrong about. The dude literally hasn't been right about anything in this thread

No doubt. It's amazing to me just how much hard core Nintendo fans will hold their hands up to their ears and cry foul any time someone brings common sense to their console.

And the biggest thing? It isn't like we want Nintendo to fail. Pretty sure all of us would own one right now had they launched with VC tied to the Nintendo ID and allowed one to download the games they had already purchased either on the 3DS or Wii U and made those accessible from launch. Even that one thing alone would have brought value (At VERY little to no cost for Nintendo, since half the time they are using ROMS out on the internet anyhow). Instead, they even locked purchases from the Switch to the hardware again when the entire industry has already moved that cheese. And why that would have even mattered to me personally wouldn't had even been so much as the feature itself, but knowing that are at least TRYING to catch up to the more consumer friendly practices we are seeing from Sony and Microsoft.

It is really frustrating honestly to see so many bone headed business decisions made by this company. And I also recently found out that Nintendo of America literally pleaded with Japan executives to rethink those decisions, which fell on deaf ears. So at least we know NOA is even tired of NOJ's shenanigans.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Wait a minute. Where are you seeing five million? Does that include empty box sales?

It's just speculation. Nintendo has only released concrete numbers for March (2.74 million worldwide). In April it sold 280k in US and 210k in Japan - but there isn't tracked data for Europe/South America/everywhere else. Few threads on NeoGaf estimate April as 750k. It's still selling out in Japan and US now into May - they are definitely over the 4 million point I'd say. They seem to have released any stock they had holed up though because the weekly sales in Japan have lowered outside of Golden Week, and are extremely static - but reports from retailers still say any stock is selling out immediately. There should be big shipments for ARMS and Splatoon 2 though, especially in Japan.

We won't know until Nintendo says something, but 5 mil seems like a number worth a press release.

The Nintendo Switch sold more than 280,000 units in April, following an outstanding March that found the Nintendo Switch also leading game hardware sales.

Those are only the US numbers from NPD (sales analytical firm) for April. Nintendo has only released global sales numbers for March.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
No doubt. It's amazing to me just how much hard core Nintendo fans will hold their hands up to their ears and cry foul any time someone brings common sense to their console.

And the biggest thing? It isn't like we want Nintendo to fail. Pretty sure all of us would own one right now had they launched with VC tied to the Nintendo ID and allowed one to download the games they had already purchased either on the 3DS or Wii U and made those accessible from launch. Even that one thing alone would have brought value (At VERY little to no cost for Nintendo, since half the time they are using ROMS out on the internet anyhow). Instead, they even locked purchases from the Switch to the hardware again when the entire industry has already moved that cheese. And why that would have even mattered to me personally wouldn't had even been so much as the feature itself, but knowing that are at least TRYING to catch up to the more consumer friendly practices we are seeing from Sony and Microsoft.

It is really frustrating honestly to see so many bone headed business decisions made by this company. And I also recently found out that Nintendo of America literally pleaded with Japan executives to rethink those decisions, which fell on deaf ears. So at least we know NOA is even tired of NOJ's shenanigans.

They haven't detailed their VC plans at all for the Switch. You have no idea how it will work. "You recently found out", cmon dude. You have been posing like you have all this industry access to MMO and game companies for years, it's just you throwing shit at a wall and hoping it sticks. All of your "leaks" are general assumptions that can't be proven or disproven in some attempt to look smart. Everyone knows your shtick.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Dude. You do not even need to be an industry insider to know this is common knowledge. Reggie was fighting a lot of these backwards decisions. He was overruled. Hell, all of NOA was. There was a tremendous amount of in fighting. It's impossible to reason with NOJ. That's a fact.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It's common knowledge that NOA is just a localization and marketing arm of the company and has no real power, you aren't breaking any news here.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Obviously. That doesn't mean they aren't telling Japan they have their heads up their asses. Which they do.

It is under no guise that I can fucking assure you M Man0warr that Reggie from NOA damn near left NOA over this debacle of a launch when he wanted the console to move forward, but wanted inherent infrastructure changes to catch up to the competition's value offerings. Christ, I just read some guy had his wireless card shit, and guess what? There goes his Zelda saves as they are tied to the console and cannot be saved to the mem card. With no cloud save feature, that's brilliant. Isn't it... Please tell me how you defend that one.

Honestly, I do not care if you believe me or not. You are the one trying to say Switch has almost hit 5 million units when they haven't even been able to ramp up production past 3-4. The fact of the matter is this was Iwata's baby and with the board shake up in 2016, they had invested too much already in the design and pressed forward with a hurried launch of the console.

There is hope for Nintendo now that Iwata is gone (Rip), but it won't be with the Switch. If they want any success moving forward in the console market, it's time to put Reggie up front. Dude knows what he is talking about, and was hamfisted continually before Iwata's death.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You bitch and moan about every company who doesn't put out something you like. Makes you a peasant. What have you put out I might want to buy? Zero. Maybe since you can google translate you can make a difference at Nintendo instead of just whine about it.

EDIT quit whining, dont like it shut the fuck up after your , lets say 10th post?

I'm proud that it took our community 118 pages before we got to "oh yeah, why don't YOU try to launch a global gaming platform and see how well YOU do?!"

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They haven't detailed their VC plans at all for the Switch. You have no idea how it will work. "You recently found out", cmon dude. You have been posing like you have all this industry access to MMO and game companies for years, it's just you throwing shit at a wall and hoping it sticks. All of your "leaks" are general assumptions that can't be proven or disproven in some attempt to look smart. Everyone knows your shtick.

How it will work? Holy fuck bro console is out. That's like don't worry about the windshield wipers just don't register your car for a few months while we figure things out.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
How it will work? Holy fuck bro console is out. That's like don't worry about the windshield wipers just don't register your car for a few months while we figure things out.

Seriously, this console has been out nearly 3 months now and no VC details, how the paid online shit is going to work, or any info regarding media apps(youtube/Netflix). Where are the updates, Nintendo?

• 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider

Virtual Console is not a required feature at launch. Of the 3 devices that have had it, two of them launched without it - and now the fourth. They are also the only company offering a service like it, so it's not like it's the norm. Comparing it to windshield wipers on a car is idiotic - it would be hazardous to your health to drive a car in inclement weather without them.

They are very obviously re-working their account system and online features, which greatly affects how the Virtual Console will function. Switch launched in March with a barebones OS because the financial year was coming to a close and Zelda was finished - but there's no mistake now that it was a soft launch. They want to ramp up production and OS features in time for the Holidays and Mario Odyssey/Pokemon/Monster Hunter.

Maybe they should have delayed it, but they never hid the fact that some of those features would be missing - they were very upfront about there being no VC, media apps, or browser at launch. The 4 million or so people buying it knew full well those features were missing.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The 4 million or so people buying it knew full well those features were missing.

So now it's up to 4 million. Or down from 5 million. Those damn empty boxes are confusing me.

They are very obviously re-working their account system and online features, which greatly affects how the Virtual Console will function.

You have stated this now for the last 2 launches of the 3DS and The Wii U. And nothing was done here except turn even further more away from a streamlined account system where purchases live on the NNID and NOT the hardware. Not to mention, the "reworking" last go around didn't do anything with creating a shared platform of which to download already purchased titles. Something XBox Live has had now for the last 2 generations of Hardware on Xbox Live since 11 fucking years ago, and incporated BC into their system. Not only can I redownload a game I bought on the market place 10 years ago for my 360, for free since I already paid for the damn thing, on an Xbox One, I can also play it on the XBox One. Not to mention their game subscription service just went live.

Sony has a streaming service (Playstation Now - extra subscription) and cloud saves (10gb now) with their PS Plus subscription, along with a very viable TV streaming service for cord cutters in PS Vue. Not to mention over 20 quality of life improvements Nintendo has had plenty of time to incorporate on their own such as Party and community support... Yet NOJ has their head up their ass and their answer to this is to separate the lobby / voice chat system on a separate fucking device instead of it living on the console, and community support is defined as 4 millenials with joycon's the size of Jooka's cock hudding around a 7" tablet propped up on the coffee table while they suck down a latte and complain about some cartoon character seemingly throw a middle finger at another one in Mario Kart.

We could get into about 50 other reasons why you are full of shit with that "Rework" statement, which even if they are (Again), it may take 5 years and 40 meetings over 10 Sushi dinners to figure out friend codes suck ass. Maybe by the time the successor to Scorpio hits Nintendo will have realized Cloud Saves are important and not to store saves on an internal memory card with no possible way to move them, so when Johnny Appleseed has to send his Nintendo Console back to fix a shitty wireless chip that was end of life 2 years before the damn system launched, the hardware goes back to their consumers in a way that they can keep their game progress after they get the thing fixed. And notice, I am not even touching the fact 3rd party won't touch this pile of shit with a ten foot pole because if they least common developed any title for this they may as well harness the power of an Atari 5200. So THAT's why you won't see shit coming from 3rd party. Which they made a HUGE deal of before launch - only to see that slowly but surely already fizzle out less than 3 months since the thing hit the streets.

Stay tuned though guys and gals. Changes are in the works again! That "Feature" of cloud saves to catch up with the Joneses from 2006 with Sony and MS, may be here about the same time I am sucking down my steak dinner from a straw in the nursing home after a weekend bender of Bingo and warm milk.

Last edited:

Crisco

A greasy jar
Those damn empty boxes are confusing me.

Why do you care about the boxes so much? If you own Nintendo stock you should be happy because it equals more revenue. If you don't own stock then why care it doesn't effect you. There is a 0% chance it is taking resources from making more hardware or software and it will provide a niche crowd something they want.

• 1SJW