Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He doesn't care at all. He only knows what he likes, justifies it here. He should be banished to the political thread for 6 months.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Why do you care about the boxes so much? If you own Nintendo stock you should be happy because it equals more revenue. If you don't own stock then why care it doesn't effect you. There is a 0% chance it is taking resources from making more hardware or software and it will provide a niche crowd something they want.

Did you preorder one? You should. I hear they are fantastic. Really really great boxes. Wait until you see them.

• 2Smuggly
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Crisco

A greasy jar
Did you preorder one? You should. I hear they are fantastic. Really really great boxes. Wait until you see them.

Dodging the question like a professional. Will wait for your reasoning to have discussion instead of you being a closet homo and hating on the gays, err, the Splatoon boxes

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Dodging the question like a professional. Will wait for your reasoning to have discussion instead of you being a closet homo and hating on the gays, err, the Splatoon boxes

I would look at it like this: They over charge for all their accessories which, when you look at the value prop, doesn't provide the amount of value it is sold for. For instance, a Switch Pro Controller is $69. A Wii U pro Controller (Same damn thing) was $49. Joycons are ridiculously expensive. Above and beyond what is being charged for. Indie titles for switch that have been out for 3 years already are double the price on the Switch. Compare this to the MS Elite controller for price per value - at least there are things you can do with it beyond connecting and using it as a controller. (Tons of customization options)

So it shouldn't shock anyone when a company, ridiculous enough to sell overpriced, non value added accessories which goes against standard pricing with no value added OVER those standard devices on an early access half baked under powered piece of shit console, decides to be the first company to sell an empty art box for $4.99, have the balls to take preorders on it, and watch NIntendo fans try to say it's a good decision when the collectors market is laughing at this because Nintendo cannot even get that right.

Point: They should be figuring out how to get with the year 1999 and figure out maybe their online service should live on the device, not how to sell $4.99 empty box art.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Your hate for not doing something with your life runs deep, I would still ask you keep it out of this thread. You talk normal in others tho, so stay out of Nintendo threads for now on.

jooka, post about the switch or respond to the other users posts about the Switch or gtfo. Your posts aren't contributing anything to this thread.

• 1SJW
  • 1Smuggly
  • 1Like

Crisco

A greasy jar
I would look at it like this: They over charge for all their accessories which, when you look at the value prop, doesn't provide the amount of value it is sold for. For instance, a Switch Pro Controller is $69. A Wii U pro Controller (Same damn thing) was $49. Joycons are ridiculously expensive. Above and beyond what is being charged for. Indie titles for switch that have been out for 3 years already are double the price on the Switch. Compare this to the MS Elite controller for price per value - at least there are things you can do with it beyond connecting and using it as a controller. (Tons of customization options)

So it shouldn't shock anyone when a company, ridiculous enough to sell overpriced, non value added accessories which goes against standard pricing with no value added OVER those standard devices on an early access half baked under powered piece of shit console, decides to be the first company to sell an empty art box for $4.99, have the balls to take preorders on it, and watch NIntendo fans try to say it's a good decision when the collectors market is laughing at this because Nintendo cannot even get that right.

Point: They should be figuring out how to get with the year 1999 and figure out maybe their online service should live on the device, not how to sell $4.99 empty box art.
So you complaining about perceived value of the switch, some which find value and some that don't. I can claim the XBone is overpriced as well and play the games cheaper and better on my PC.
You are arguing about how cheap one thing is and how great value is another. Judging by the millions that have sold a lot see value, but you wont. How about you agree you hate Nintendo and where they are moving in the future and leave this thread because you sound like a whiny cunt.
Maybe you can come back in 3 years when they have games like MS and Sony does after 3 years so you can be happy again.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So you complaining about perceived value of the switch, some which find value and some that don't. I can claim the XBone is overpriced as well and play the games cheaper and better on my PC.
You are arguing about how cheap one thing is and how great value is another. Judging by the millions that have sold a lot see value, but you wont. How about you agree you hate Nintendo and where they are moving in the future and leave this thread because you sound like a whiny cunt.
Maybe you can come back in 3 years when they have games like MS and Sony does after 3 years so you can be happy again.

I do not hate Nintendo at all. I own (Or have owned) all of their systems save the N64. That doesn't mean NIntendo doesn't have their heads in the sand, along with their fanboys.

You tell me where the value points are at here with the Switch? Because this is what I see.

1) An Online service which requires a second device for lobby/voice chat outside the system. 1A) Today's standard value prop, lives on the console since 2001.

2) An Online service which only allows you one game for a month, after which you have to buy it. 2A) Today's standard value prop, 2 games a month (More depending on platform) of which you can keep and play for the duration of your subscription.

3) No cloud save support per even an online subscription, no way to even manually transfer your save games to a memory card if you have to send in your system. 3A) Today's standard value prop across XBox Live and PS Plus: Cloud save support, external save support, back up support, system transfer support. A fucking standard since fire was invented. 3B1A Section 5: YOU CANNOT EVEN BACK UP YOUR SAVE GAME FILES ON THE SWITCH.

4) Games are tied to the Hardware the NNID sits on. No sharing, no sub accounts, no downloads from previously purchased games on the VC. 4A) Today's Standard Value Prop: Account sharing, Game Sharing, in Home console sub accounts, access to downloadable library across sub accounts, backwards compatibility from previous generation purchases, ability to play those previous purchases on current gen hardware.

Should I go on here? Or do you get the fucking point because I can sit here all day and smash your fanboy argument into the dirt when all it takes is to see every standard feature on consoles from 2006 and beyond, sent backwards in time to 1988 with Nintendo's hap hazard anti-consumer business approach when they CANNOT AFFORD to be anti-consumer.

You say I hate Nintendo? I WANT Nintendo to get better. Do you???

Last edited:
  • 1Salty

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I do not hate Nintendo at all. I own (Or have owned) all of their systems save the N64. That doesn't mean NIntendo doesn't have their heads in the sand, along with their fanboys.

You tell me where the value points are at here with the Switch? Because this is what I see.

1) An Online service which requires a second device for lobby/voice chat outside the system. 1A) Today's standard value prop, lives on the console since 2001.

2) An Online service which only allows you one game for a month, after which you have to buy it. 2A) Today's standard value prop, 2 games a month (More depending on platform) of which you can keep and play for the duration of your subscription.

3) No cloud save support per even an online subscription, no way to even manually transfer your save games to a memory card if you have to send in your system. 3A) Today's standard value prop across XBox Live and PS Plus: Cloud save support, external save support, back up support, system transfer support. A fucking standard since fire was invented. 3B1A Section 5: YOU CANNOT EVEN BACK UP YOUR SAVE GAME FILES ON THE SWITCH.

4) Games are tied to the Hardware the NNID sits on. No sharing, no sub accounts, no downloads from previously purchased games on the VC. 4A) Today's Standard Value Prop: Account sharing, Game Sharing, in Home console sub accounts, access to downloadable library across sub accounts, backwards compatibility from previous generation purchases, ability to play those previous purchases on current gen hardware.

Should I go on here? Or do you get the fucking point because I can sit here all day and smash your fanboy argument into the dirt when all it takes is to see every standard feature on consoles from 2006 and beyond, sent backwards in time to 1988 with Nintendo's hap hazard anti-consumer business approach when they CANNOT AFFORD to be anti-consumer.

Buy a Switch or GTFO. Seriously, you're like the dickless asshole who stands outside a movie theater and tells people don't go see the movie because you heard it sucks, even though you never even saw it yourself.

• 1Salty
  • 1SJW

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Buy a Switch or GTFO. Seriously, you're like the dickless asshole who stands outside a movie theater and tells people don't go see the movie because you heard it sucks, even though you never even saw it yourself.

I want to take a moment for everyone to reflect on this post by E etchazz . This is how Nintendo is in this mess to begin with. Nintendo fans (I used to be one, and still am partially, just hoping they pull their heads out of their ass and join the rest of the big boys on the playground) who bury their heads in the sand along with NOJ. Being a Nintendo fanboy these days is like being that condescending liberal "My way or the highway" prick as they shout about how they include everyone and their opinions, while blocking them on Facebook as someone disagreed with them, even as the highway has 15 pot holes in a 100 foot stretch and leads to a half built bridge which empties into the Mississippi without a road closed sign giving anyone a warning it's even coming up.

E etchazz if you want a forum where people blow sunshine up each other's asses, SA is right around the corner where you will NEVER hear a negative word about your precious Switch. If you want reality, come on into this thread.

There are a million reasons why not to buy this from a consumer stand point. I listed 4 factually proven instances of backwards hardware development. Tell me why I shouldn't care about those (Standard as of 2006) value adds as I am making a purchasing decision when a company knowingly, and unethically, back pedals either due to incompetence, profit, or both.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've been a massive Nintendo fanboy my whole life, and I still am. I understand the Switch is a new system and you can't expect it to launch with all the stuff that other systems have had several years to build up. Similar to a new MMO launching and trying to compare it to one that's been around for a decade. That said, the stuff that Nintendo has already instituted and has planned down the line is just retarded as fuck, like Utnayan pointed out. I'll absolutely pick up a Switch at some point, but god damn every new bit of information I read about what's coming just makes me less excited to own one. That is the opposite of what should be happening.

It's perfectly possible to love Nintendo but hate their decisions.

• 3Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I've been a massive Nintendo fanboy my whole life, and I still am. I understand the Switch is a new system and you can't expect it to launch with all the stuff that other systems have had several years to build up. Similar to a new MMO launching and trying to compare it to one that's been around for a decade. That said, the stuff that Nintendo has already instituted and has planned down the line is just retarded as fuck, like Utnayan pointed out. I'll absolutely pick up a Switch at some point, but god damn every new bit of information I read about what's coming just makes me less excited to own one. That is the opposite of what should be happening.

It's perfectly possible to love Nintendo but hate their decisions.

Someone post this entire thing across every gaming site internet home page in existence.

• 1Salty

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
So now it's up to 4 million. Or down from 5 million. Those damn empty boxes are confusing me.

It sold 2.74 million in March, ~750k in April (not confirmed from Nintendo) - it's going to be over 4 million at this point in May.

Here's the thing. Anything we or anyone posts on forums, reddit, twitter, or whatever, will not change Nintendo of Japan's thinking. Nintendo does what Nintendo does, and has for decades at this point. Sometimes it works, sometimes it fails. They don't give a shit what Sony, Microsoft, or whoever is doing. Bitching about their decisions is literally a waste of time. They don't even seem to make decisions based on revenue and what the consumer's wallets are telling them.

All I needed from the Switch was a unified platform that's more powerful than the 3DS. What the Switch currently has and I know is coming was enough value for me to purchase one. If it's not, then don't buy it - but these arguments are pointless.

It would be nice if this thread was actual discussion about actual news and games and not just Ut trolling and Nintendo fanboys/anti-fanboys ranting at each other about things that don't matter. Every Nintendo thread turns into this.

• 1Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
He doesn't care at all. He only knows what he likes, justifies it here. He should be banished to the political thread for 6 months.

If anyone here deserves to be banned it would have been you after the PS4 incident.

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It sold 2.74 million in March, ~750k in April (not confirmed from Nintendo) - it's going to be over 4 million at this point in May.

Here's the thing. Anything we or anyone posts on forums, reddit, twitter, or whatever, will not change Nintendo of Japan's thinking. Nintendo does what Nintendo does, and has for decades at this point. Sometimes it works, sometimes it fails. They don't give a shit what Sony, Microsoft, or whoever is doing. Bitching about their decisions is literally a waste of time. They don't even seem to make decisions based on revenue and what the consumer's wallets are telling them.

All I needed from the Switch was a unified platform that's more powerful than the 3DS. What the Switch currently has and I know is coming was enough value for me to purchase one. If it's not, then don't buy it - but these arguments are pointless.

It would be nice if this thread was actual discussion about actual news and games and not just Ut trolling and Nintendo fanboys/anti-fanboys ranting at each other about things that don't matter. Every Nintendo thread turns into this.

I get that. It's also what is so infuriating about Nintendo. As far as actual game discussion, we could have that if there was anything to discuss. The Zelda thread covered the Wii U and switch versions of the game and it was one of the best I had played, and was awesome on my Wii U. Mario kart was fun but sonic beats it hands down. Other than that, there isn't much to discuss besides a bunch of three year old ported indie titles and some new Ubisoft turn based mario RPG that even the SA folks are condemning. I mean, Xenoblade may be worth talking about but chronicles X was shit compared to XB on the Wii. Maybe there will be more to discuss that's positive at least game wise after the tree house, but as of right now there isn't much to talk about aside from how shitty Nintendo is treating their consumer base in all actuality.

Now I don't know why those games cost double, but it probably has to do with the fact that publishers who want to lock up retail on cartridge (more expensive) are forced to sell it for the same price on the Eshop due to Nintendo policy on forcing both mediums to be the same price? Or publishers are taking advantage of a starved content launch system. Or Nintendo is up to their old garbage of too much royalty charges on their licensed games.

I also don't think it's a waste of time to bitch about it. The only reason why Nintendo continues on the way they do is because they have a small legion of ear muffed to the facts fans that blow smoke up Nintendos ass, and one would have thought with the Wii U debacle they would have listened. Instead? They blamed their marketing department!

Crisco

A greasy jar

#1 and 2 have been barely discussed and are still under development so you are assuming what they said in March is the same with no improvements. And if I recall, it is one game a month with multiplayer/online support, not that it just vanishes after a month. If it does vanish we will have to wait and see when they release online.

#3 oh noes, I have to play the game again. Trophy's suck and if you just 100% a game to never play again, well, I'm sorry for you, that doesn't bother me 1 bit.

#4 they try to stop people from sharing because of lost revenue, it should be tied to hardware/NNID so you cant scum to another Nintendo and 2 people play for 1 purchase.

The points you make are what the faggots at Neogaf Talk about because they love to pretend to be top gamers but in reality want to be #1 retard at the special Olympics.

Your points are bad, please try to insult again.

• 1Salty
  • 1SJW
  • 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
#1 and 2 have been barely discussed and are still under development so you are assuming what they said in March is the same with no improvements. And if I recall, it is one game a month with multiplayer/online support, not that it just vanishes after a month. If it does vanish we will have to wait and see when they release online.

It doesn't vanish after a month. You have to pay for it. This is common knowledge. They have been fully fucking discussed and it's the official PR from Nintendo. I wouldn't expect you to see through those blinders just yet.

Nintendo Switch online service – Nintendo Switch™ Official site – Online gaming, multiplayer, voice chat

Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.

To which Reggie already confirmed after that month if you want to continue, you will be paying for the game as the next game rolls around.

#3 oh noes, I have to play the game again. Trophy's suck and if you just 100% a game to never play again, well, I'm sorry for you, that doesn't bother me 1 bit.

Did you just scapegoat the fact you cannot backup your saves in the switch in the year if our lord 2017? Holy shit man.

4 they try to stop people from sharing because of lost revenue, it should be tied to hardware/NNID so you cant scum to another Nintendo and 2 people play for 1 purchase.

Maybe they should get with the times and ask Sony, Steam, and Microsoft how they do it without getting fucked over. They are too busy not allowing back up of saves to the mem card externally because they will be hacked, since they have absolutely zero fucking clue how to protect their own eshop/system.

The points you make are what the faggots at Neogaf Talk about because they love to pretend to be top gamers but in reality want to be #1 retard at the special Olympics

Top gamer. What's a top gamer? Please enlighten me I'm all ears. :)

Your points are bad, please try to insult again.

You just said it's no big deal you cannot have a back up of your save games. You actually tried to play that off as nothing. I don't think you could have tried any harder to insult your OWN intelligence at this point.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
The fact that you are defending points 3 and 4 all but assures that you are one of those NeoGAF faggots. And let's not talk about retard Special Olympics when your defense of the indefensible is, "doesn't bother me... derp!"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fucking lol @ defending not being able to backup your saves. Wanna know why Nintendo threads always go to shit? Because of shit like that.

• 3Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

There isn't really much to discuss, though. There has been real discussion in this thread, and there will be again when there is something worth discussing. Until then we can keep jerking each other off.

• 3Solidarity

Crisco

A greasy jar
Did you just scapegoat the fact you cannot backup your saves in the switch in the year if our lord 2017? Holy shit man.
Why do you care about saves so much? You must realize by now I don't care about a lot of these "they don't have this in 2017" things you seem to be so passionate about.

Also, for example, xbox gold is $10 a month and that comes with 2 games a month as long as you have subscription. Switch is said to be $30 for a year,how about compare similar things, in this Case 1/4 the cost so about the same satisfaction per dollar.
"Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima said that the service would cost between 2,000 yen and 3,000 yen per year, putting it in the $17–$26 range."

You still yet to make a factual point that stands and is able to change someone's mind. Please try again.