No Man's Sky

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I just want to make sure I am able to find the blueprint for Antimatter. I have the Hyperdrive blueprint (Forgot how I got it)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I absolutely hate small inventories, and it appears that I bought a game who is trying to be the king of small here. Where and how can you start working towards expanding that? I don't mind on the exo-suit so much as I do the ship.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ship upgrades don't happen right away. The DLC ship had an extra slot so I took it. I found an extra slot for my exo suit while exploring a planet emergency beacon. I am finding the game rewards you EXTREMELY well for exploring on the planet surface with inventory slots and blue prints.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You can buy and find ships with much larger inventories.

You can also expand inventories on your suit by finding these drop ship things that are like a very tiny room with a glowing blue doorway and inside is like a box with a hologram of your suit.

First one is free, each subsequent one costs 10k more than the last.

My suit is maxed out now at 15.

Think you can buy upgrades to ship cargo space as well, not sure where/how.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks, that sounds like it should work. Now I just need to ignore my ocd and get off this planet.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ahh, I never noticed a cost associated with expanding my suits inventory, but was curious why I had so little cash.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Every single suit upgrade you find costs 10k more than the last and increases inventory by one. My next upgrade is like 90k. Not sure if there is a maximum, my last upgrade added a new row, if it's 15 that kinda sucks. Only way I have found to increase ship slots is to find a crash landed one and repair it or buy a trader's ship.

Last edited:

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
You can use transmission towers to locate signals, then sometimes find Manufacturing centers that may have an upgrade. You can also find crashed ships that are available and they sometimes have a slot extra.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I just read that sometimes Atlas Pass doors at stations have inventory upgrades in them as well but haven't confirmed.

Edit - don't wanna double post.

Also just found red and green stars on the star chart for the first time which, even though they are right next to me, I can't visit without an upgraded warp drive. I just left a hellscape planet with frenzied sentinels that would attack me on sight. This was all near the Atlas anomaly where I learned how to make the AP v1.

This game has more story than people realize. I am starting to wonder if it was a red herring or if this is all
simulation theory

T-T-Triple Edit!!

I have 21 inventory slots and just confirmed that behind an APv1 door on a station there was another suit upgrade offering me slot #22 for 90k, plus a multi tool tech station. There are also two more AP doors behind this one but they are v3.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I spent my entire day yesterday in a 3 planet system. The local spacestation had Plutonium 98% above market so I farmed about 5 millions units and bought a 1.8 million ship so I have a ton of ship space now. I also found a ton of exosuit upgrades so I have a decent sized inventory space now in my suit. I'm going to farm back up to 5 million today and move on to a new system finally. This game is really hard for me to put down.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I spent my entire day yesterday in a 3 planet system. The local spacestation had Plutonium 98% above market so I farmed about 5 millions units and bought a 1.8 million ship so I have a ton of ship space now. I also found a ton of exosuit upgrades so I have a decent sized inventory space now in my suit. I'm going to farm back up to 5 million today and move on to a new system finally. This game is really hard for me to put down.

This is why I say the game is what you make of it.

I've got like 1.5 million credits and spend most of my time just wandering from hot point to hot point checking shit out.

I only left the first planet for other planets nearby today.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I dunno about walk around inside, but the miracle patch notes from the other day straight up said large scale freighters are coming in a future update, so there's that.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Far as I can tell, larger ship just means more inventory. No walking around in them.

Another Reddit tip about upgrades:

If you place technologies next to the part they are upgrading you can see border outline around them (boltcaster upgrades next to boltcaster receive red border, mining upgrades green border and so on). It means you get synergy bonus. Placing upgrades like this give you more value from each part installed.
Photo:
p7znmjt.jpg

Means that not only are total slots important but also their layout. Also explains why some ships/tools have seemingly random slot positions, it's supposed to be a consideration when you upgrade.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Couple day's later still enjoying but I'm playing in small spurts instead of huge chunks(work keeps bugging me) , finally left my first solar system hahaha

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
So, after I had a horrible experience trying to buy the game, I got it all downloaded and started playing it. There are a few things it needs to have any sort of staying power:

1) More inventory. I can barely hold enough carbon to walk around more than half a kilometer in my highly toxic world, much less collect all the stuff I need to repair my spaceship.

2) Something real to build. Without a project to work on, the game will get old quick...instead of a sandbox, this is a kiddie pool...you can splash around for a while, but without having the ability to meaningfully alter the world, it gets old and repetitive.

I do not feel I wasted money on it...there is a lot of potential here, and the scale of the game is incredible. I hope that the innovations are put to good use in the future...if so, my money will be well spent. And hopefully I will figure out how to build a hyperdrive at some point and maybe get some dog-fighting out of it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
1) More inventory. I can barely hold enough carbon to walk around more than half a kilometer in my highly toxic world, much less collect all the stuff I need to repair my spaceship.

Go find inventory upgrades. That's part of the progression.

2) Something real to build. Without a project to work on, the game will get old quick...instead of a sandbox, this is a kiddie pool...you can splash around for a while, but without having the ability to meaningfully alter the world, it gets old and repetitive.

This isn't a building game. You are a traveller and are referred to by NPCs as such. Devs said base building is coming in a future update but I expect it to be no more than extra storage.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm thinking mebbe they let you build a space base of some sort tbh.

They did supposedly enable persistant changes to worlds.

May be wrong about that. Just what I heard.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
also we will eventually be able to have Frigates that's what the patch notes stated along with the building stuff

• 1Like