No Man's Sky

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just got a warp cell from a save point canister requiring an atlas pass. Keep that in mind if you don't feel like hunting down resources.

Also just opened a pumpkin looking plant, had some kind of pearl in it and picking it up was an immediate 3 star + combat sentinel deployment.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Ya, if you've gotten the Hyperdrive/Antimatter recipes you have started on a path already, interesting way to do it, but will probably be spoiled by a wiki eventually =/

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't looked it up, but didn't those patch notes say there's 3 paths now, not just Atlas? Or was that about something else? Are they like "story" paths or something?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Lol. The Atlas is literally right next to you when you start the game.

Read the diary. This is not the little globe you touch when you first start the game, this is about after fixing the hyperdrive, flying into an entire atlus style space station. Secifically read pages 16, 17, and 18 of the diary. Which is easy to click too.

Has ANYONE ran into that?

Edit: I think something is broken when you do not do that specific quest segment specifically to "create" a hyperdrive - because you don't have to when you switch to the DLC Ship preorder bonus on the first planet. Miss that step, and I think it breaks the entire chain.

Last edited:

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Read the diary. This is not the little globe you touch when you first start the game, this is about after fixing the hyperdrive, flying into an entire atlus style space station. Secifically read pages 16, 17, and 18 of the diary. Which is easy to click too.

Edit: I think something is broken when you do not do that specific quest segment specifically to "create" a hyperdrive - because you don't have to when you switch to the DLC Ship preorder bonus on the first planet. Miss that step, and I think it breaks the entire chain.

I haven't ran into Atlas(Entity) yet, I haven't switched to the DLC ship either. I think I'm past that point though(not sure)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
^^ known issue and something I have yet to see a response from the devs on. The hangup seems to be that you never find the recipe for antimatter. If you can find it randomly while exploring you'll probably get the Atlas notification shortly after.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I saw the Atlas thingy in that PS4 gameplay video linked pages back. Are the other paths as obvious? If everyone is going Atlas I wanna try something different :p Assuming I even buy it

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Pre-ordered on steam, so will play it on Friday. I want to play it, but not with the FOV on PS4 with the PC version being so close.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

The paths are supposed to exclude each other I believe thats why you're seeing that and yes, its because the pre order ship breaks the chain at the critical juncture.

Pretty sure its intended.

I think the three paths are "Go your own way" "Follow Nada and Popo or whatever their names are" and "Follow Atlas"

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
^^ known issue and something I have yet to see a response from the devs on. The hangup seems to be that you never find the recipe for antimatter. If you can find it randomly while exploring you'll probably get the Atlas notification shortly after.

Ok yeah this sucks because I want to find the blueprint to build the antimatter. :( SOunds like using the DLC ship screws everything up.

Which I did. (With Hodj confirmed)

If I wanted to start over, do I just delete the save and start fresh?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Probably the only way, since the game doesn't give you a continue/load/start new game option when you start. Just jumps right in.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Is it worth it? That may be a quest chain that is fun to follow and continues on, and if it breaks this early, maybe it impacts the entire rest of the game.

I am only about 3 hours in anyway. And it isn't hard once you figure out how to play, to catch back up. I had only upgraded my ship one inventory slot and my exo suit one inventory slot. Named two planets, and upgraded my multitool a few times. So basically restart and not use the DLC ship.... Or, is that just a tutorial and after that nothing happens anyway, and there isn't further questing, and I just go find a blueprint for Antimatter.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah. Could make a second user on the playstation if its your primary account system and use it instead as well though.

I don't think its that big a deal though, tbh.

There are three paths forwards. You're on one or the other of them. That's all that really matters or at least, that's all we really know right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah. Could make a second user on the playstation if its your primary account system and use it instead as well though.

I don't think its that big a deal though, tbh.

There are three paths forwards. You're on one or the other of them. That's all that really matters or at least, that's all we really know right now.

I read a little more... I better restart. And for those who switched ships to the DLC ship before leaving the first planet or finishing the tutorial, you may want to as well.

Don't switch ships and warp to new planets. You miss out on the chance to get the recipe for the warp drive, which will cripple you when it comes to buying a new ship later on. Got my new ship and of course the first thing I'm gonig to do is warp right? Well, 10 warps later I decide to get a new ship, flew around in it and realized it has no warp drive. So, I figure I have to build one, but with what recipe? Oops? I was supposed to follow some guided tutorial that didn't launch because I had the new ship. Something about a distress beacon I ignored. Right now I've no idea what my options are, but I'm going to wait and see what Hello Games has to say.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its still doable even if you jump to the preorder ship because I literally just did it.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Do able but I think you have to get lucky with finding the recipe for the Warp Drive, interesting this didn't show up during Testing phase of the tutorial..