No Man's Sky

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Welcome to rererolled from rerolled from foh. Here we call a King of Hearts a King of Hearts, and we don't call a weed a rose. The truth is what we talk about, and that industry scapegoat shit doesn't work here. We all know the truth.

I've been here since Noows and I believe we've argued before over something, but can't remember. (username Fawe on RR but always had Ravishing in sig and in all the games I play).
Your post was already linked some pages back and doesnt sway my opinion at all. People are being babies over zilch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The loss of planetary physics, which were said to govern many different systems, seemingly in a cascading effect from the top down: | 1 2 3 4

If you go watch those videos, he never once says anything about planetary physics working in a cascading effect from top down or whatever. At all.

He only implies that the planets rotate on an axis which simulates orbiting a star so that there are day night cycles. There are.

The links also take his statements out of the order they were made in within the video to construct the narrative the author of this thing wants people to see, but that does not seem to reflect reality as it actually was.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
As I said previously as well, that post amounts to a gish gallop fallacy. It would be much more credible if they stuck to 3 or so points that they feel were the most egregious, because ain't no one got the damn time to go through that whole fucking thing, watch all dem damn videos, and then look to see places where they're contradicted, so forth and so on.

We're talking a book length rebuttal would be required for that, and that's just some bullshit when we're talking about a damn video game.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
To: Ravishing: Than you have an ulterior motive. Pure and simple. You can like the game all you want, and you can say some players (some did) read into things. Some of that was the community's fault, some of that was no one's fault, and some of that was Hello games fault. To absolve them of all of it is horseshit and you know it.

• 1Like

Caliane

Welcome to rererolled from rerolled from foh. Here we call a King of Hearts a King of Hearts, and we don't call a weed a rose. The truth is what we talk about, and that industry scapegoat shit doesn't work here. We all know the truth.
To be fair, Roses are weeds. They are invasive, and thorny. A weed literally is any plant, growing where you don't want it. You picked a bad analogy, when weeds are literal examples of "one mans treasure is another mans trash."

• 1Like
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
To be fair, Roses are weeds. They are invasive, and thorny. A weed literally is any plant, growing where you don't want it. You picked a bad analogy, when weeds are literal examples of "one mans treasure is another mans trash."

The grass is never greener on the other side either, just different weeds.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I checked out the center and the Atlas completion and what a let down. I've lost my will to play the game now. I have over 60 hours played though so I got my money's worth out of the game.

Yeah I cannot complain about getting my money's worth. I'll hold onto it for when I am bored or, hopefully, start adding an actual game to it. Deux Ex comes out next week for a new game to play.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
As I said previously as well, that post amounts to a gish gallop fallacy. It would be much more credible if they stuck to 3 or so points that they feel were the most egregious, because ain't no one got the damn time to go through that whole fucking thing, watch all dem damn videos, and then look to see places where they're contradicted, so forth and so on.

We're talking a book length rebuttal would be required for that, and that's just some bullshit when we're talking about a damn video game.

I did. The dude makes some very valid points and touches on why certain people were pissed off. You can't defend the game and then when someone refutes your argument break out the old hands up over the ears approach due to Tl;Dr.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
When someone attempts to proof by verbosity and their very first piece of evidence is a misrepresentation of the evidence that takes cherry picked quotes out of context and the order in which they were spoken, I can very well say "That person is dealing disingenuously with this topic, and therefore I disregard their opinion."

If you watched 1 stream for longer than 10 minutes prior to launch, you knew everything you were getting going in.

Past that I really don't care. I don't follow hype, and never listen to developers when they hype their games.

I wait for gameplay and watch that and make my decision there.

I was here, in this thread, for the week before it launched, doing my best to inform people of what the game is, what it is not, and who should be interested in it, and who should not be.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
When someone attempts to proof by verbosity and their very first piece of evidence is a misrepresentation of the evidence that takes cherry picked quotes out of context and the order in which they were spoken, I can very well say "That person is dealing disingenuously with this topic, and therefore I disregard their opinion."

If you watched 1 stream for longer than 10 minutes prior to launch, you knew everything you were getting going in.

Past that I really don't care. I don't follow hype, and never listen to developers when they hype their games.

I wait for gameplay and watch that and make my decision there.

I was here, in this thread, for the week before it launched, doing my best to inform people of what the game is, what it is not, and who should be interested in it, and who should not be.

That's fine chief. That doesn't excuse what they did to mislead people through their horrid market in campaign for the other 99.999999999999% of the people out there. I did the same thing as you but I can easily see how this game has sunk the fallacy even lower for the very strong majority of people who just happened to catch a glimpse of a tv show, watch a few game trailers which show in game footage buy the game an wonder "what the fuck is this". Yeah yeah, caveat emptor and all that shit too. It doesn't make it right.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
People are going to hear what they want to hear, particularly once their imaginations have taken flight.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
People are going to hear what they want to hear, particularly once their imaginations have taken flight.

That post shows otherwise in many videos and interviews which proves people heard exactly what was said. While some others were vague. My only point is Hello Games is not innocent and damn well could have, and should have, cleared up any misconceptions and rumors about features that planned that didn't make it went the damn thing went gold. Right up to the point of launch when Sean Murray said it was possible to see others but the chances of it happening due to "the scale of the game" would make it very rare. Instead of saying, "The code for that didn't make launch". That is one verifiable instance the guy just flat out lied his ass off. Wire shark confirms there is no code sending packets pertaining to where players are located. And two people already tried and confirmed it. He knew it. He lied about it. Pure and simple. The guy is a dishonest asshole as far as I am concerned. Aside from anything else, and honing in on that one single example.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Now that said, I am waiting for dinner and will blow up some random resources and still play it in bits in pieces.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I've said previously that the multiplayer thing is the one area where he was egregiously misrepresenting things.

Added:

From all the videos I've watched, he did overpromise on multiplayer, but its always in response to someone else bringing it up and seeming really eager for it. Often he tried to downplay it, but sometimes he did say things like "You'll be able to play with friends" or "You'll be able to see other players".

He probably shouldn't be doing PR for his own company and games, but no developer should.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well, two things probably happened. 1) He went all Molyneux on our asses early on. When t came time to deliver he couldn't, and it's quite possible Sony told him to shut up.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Well I think a lot of people saw those initial videos and presumed that he was making Star Citizen for PS4 as well though.

Not saying he didn't help that along a bit, but I do think the hype machine/myth generating machine got way out of hand, and probably would have anyway.

I can vaguely remember that first video at E3 and everyone losing their minds, and I was like "Eh, we'll see."

And then I didn't pay attention to it again until about June of this year.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Spoke to soon. He has now already reneged on all free updates and there will now be paid for DLC.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
No he hasn't. He said he guesses if a new feature ends up being too massive to give away for free there might be a cost associated. That does not mean every update or content patch will be paid for.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
No he hasn't. He said he guesses if a new feature ends up being too massive to give away for free there might be a cost associated. That does not mean every update or content patch will be paid for.

Trust me. This guy is full of shit. And we are all playing into this new cryptic bullshit.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I know there will be free updates. Anything worth a shit will be paid for DLC. I'm willing to place an online bet on this. Let's define "worth a shit" in advance. Meaning, anything else that was supposed to be in this game as advertised but was cut.

• 1Like