No Man's Sky

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
That's funny because I feel exactly the same. I knew what I was getting for $60 and I don't regret the purchase, but I wouldn't recommend anyone else buy the game at that price-point. Objectively, it just isn't a very good game for 60 bucks. Too many poor design choices, wonky features, poor quality of life stuff, and overall there really isn't that much very interesting to do. Too long a list of features to add before I'd say this game is worth it. Time will tell whether they patch it in or not. One thing is for sure though, they have lost all goodwill with me. If they start throwing around basic stuff and calling it DLC they can go fuck themselves.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So at this point I guess the only real question is what kind of discounts on it we will see and when in term of Steam sales. Everything I've ready so far says I'd enjoy tinkering in this game, but not for $60... more like $20.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone try any mods yet? I rang to check out the ones that remove the 'Instagram filter' and artificial glow on everything.

xzi

Mouthbreather
you fanboys are so gullible. Soon you'll be paying for DLC's adding features that should have been in the game in the first place, and you think it's gonna be the greatest thing

I feel like the "fanboys" here all generally agree the game isn't worth 60$ even if we enjoy it. Only way I'd pay for DLC is if I make the money in CSGO from them fat drops, but other than that no way am I spending even MORE money on this game unless it has a substantial amount of content.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Anyone try any mods yet? I rang to check out the ones that remove the 'Instagram filter' and artificial glow on everything.

I actually think the Instagram filter and rim lighting mods makes the game look worse because they take away a lot of the original feel of the planets. These are what I use:

1) Fast Actions-makes all actions happen when you click instead of holding down the button.
Fast Actions - No Man's Sky Mods

2) SHUTUP-let's you disable any sounds, like the annoying life support etc. messages when they drop below full.
ShutUp - disable certain annoying audio warnings - No Man's Sky Mods

3) Internal Resolution Multipliers-Allows you to downsample the game much like DSR only better.
Internal Resolution Multipliers (PAK) - No Man's Sky Mods

4) Better Waypoints-just makes the waypoints you set easier to see and stand out more.
Better Waypoints - No Man's Sky Mods

5)Hi-Rez Icons-exactly what it says, makes the icons for locations less blurry.
Hi-Res Icons - No Man's Sky Mods

6)21:9 UI fixes-removes the stretching when using an ultrawide display.

7)Blur Filter-removes the filter that makes the game look like it's rendering at a lower resolution.

That mod site shits the bed pretty often, most of those mods can also be found at the Nexus:
No Man's Sky Nexus - Mods and Community

Other than Shutup, which is for my sanity, everything I use is to make the game more like a PC game should be, instead of a bad console port. Considering how little there is to do in the game I strongly advise not using any mods that speed up your progression or trainers, etc. Just about everyone I've seen who uses these things realizes there is nothing left to do once you have all the money, ship and inventory slots and stops playing.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Artists oversell their work/talents all the time.

Maybe for the shitlords, but the general rule for people who do legit work is to undersell and over deliver.

That's how you get people coming back. The alternative is so short-sighted and alienates a potential fanbase. Which, I guess if you're selling shit, and you know your selling shit, the game changes significantly.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Maybe for the shitlords, but the general rule for people who do legit work is to undersell and over deliver.

That's how you get people coming back. The alternative is so short-sighted and alienates a potential fanbase. Which, I guess if you're selling shit, and you know your selling shit, the game changes significantly.

I don't know how all places work but most of the large companies and many of the medium ones have a marketing department that handle everything released to the public. They aren't developers and often seem like they walked out of an 80s movie. They have no idea what they are doing and would constantly ignore developer's more pragmatic advice and try to twist things in order chase trends.

Things are a bit better now though, especially compared to some of the 90s-2000s ads. Now, this doesn't seem to be the case here, but it can be pretty common. This seems to be more of a Molyneux/McQuaid dealy.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I don't know how all places work but most of the large companies and many of the medium ones have a marketing department that handle everything released to the public. They aren't developers and often seem like they walked out of an 80s movie. They have no idea what they are doing and would constantly ignore developer's more pragmatic advice and try to twist things in order chase trends.

Things are a bit better now though, especially compared to some of the 90s-2000s ads. Now, this doesn't seem to be the case here, but it can be pretty common. This seems to be more of a Molyneux/McQuaid dealy.

Sounds like shitty marketing people -_-

And low, there you have 95% of marketing people.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So, I bought this and played it for about 10 hours. I requested a refund on Steam and they granted it to me. I liked it, it was fun...it just wasn't $60 fun. I'll pick it back up during a sale in the future.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
joe's on point as always. i had a sad moment when he talked about the lack of sand (dune) and water planets :( Man, imagine a sand planet filled with giant worms and valuable spice you have to mine :(

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Yeah . had the same feelings as him and yeah the UI quirks and the annoyances of pop ups the slow ass interactions and watching long ass animations with fucking anything was really hard to fucking deal with and just gave up on the game and said fuck whats in the center of the universe.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I saw an all water planet in my final Atlas system today and noped out, just warped on to the next system and through my first black hole. Finished the story and still don't have atlas pass v2 or any omega upgrades :/

Side note, using the 2D->3D conversion on my TV that I forgot about was pretty awesome.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So, I bought this and played it for about 10 hours. I requested a refund on Steam and they granted it to me. I liked it, it was fun...it just wasn't $60 fun. I'll pick it back up during a sale in the future.

I was at 15 hours and they denied my refund, as expected. I'll shelve it for a year and hope they deliver on future updates. As of right now it's just Space Mining and Inventory Management Simulator 2016 and not that interesting.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
joe's on point as always. i had a sad moment when he talked about the lack of sand (dune) and water planets :( Man, imagine a sand planet filled with giant worms and valuable spice you have to mine :(

Pretty much another way to tell all these "Hey you imagined what you wanted to hear" white knighters that no, what we saw WE SAW IN GAMEPLAY VIDEOS AND ARE NOT IN THE GAME ALONG WITH COMMENTARY STATING THOSE FEATURES WERE IN THE GAME.

I swear to God Sony hired some PR firm to infiltrate some of the forums and start that nonsense.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Anyone know off hand what the trade in for this POS is at Best Buy? Was thinking of grabbing Deux Ex but the trade in isn't listed on the site. Also, Gamestop already has this thing marked down to $20. lol. Jesus. Would like to use gamers club ($47.99) plus was hoping for a $25-30 trade in for NMS. Although they may laugh me right out of the store.

spronk

FPS noob
best buy currently doesn't take NMS as trade in, which is a bummer since there is a 50% trade bonus going on this week. it may pop into the system on wed or fri

gamestop is currently giving $20 for it, 20% bonus if you trade towards madden 17