No Man's Sky

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Anything else besides that I meant. Any takers? I'll even place a timeline on it. Within eight months (by April) we will see "Some"features make it in, and by that month next year, paid for DLC for everything else.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
No he hasn't. He said he guesses if a new feature ends up being too massive to give away for free there might be a cost associated. That does not mean every update or content patch will be paid for.

The guy said there would be no paid DLC and the box price was all you'd ever pay. Now he's saying he was naive and there will be paid DLC. It's pretty much the exact definition of reneged. When the game was announced at $60 there were a bunch of people who defended the price because of those free DLC statements and just as many who bought the game based on them.

The guy is full of shit, the only debate is whether of not it's premeditated fuckery or not. The fact that all of this stuff comes out after the launch rush, instead of before, tells me he knew exactly what he was doing and saying. Of course there are still people who defend Molyneux, so it's not surprising that this guy gets is getting a pass from so many.

I actually enjoy the game, it's a nice, relaxing, time waster, but I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could throw him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
It blows my mind that Murray is still being allowed to mouthpiece for NMS. I get that he's still technically the head of an "indie" studio, but you'd think Sony would have swooped in by now, slapped the muzzle on him and installed PR to control this spin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
my non-buyers remorse grows smaller by the day

Yeah you aren't missing out. Definitely a $9.99 Indie game. Like Rafter said, the price was justified with free content updates for the life of the game. Now? Now it's just being damn right burned. False advertising is illegal. Except for the gaming industry.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
False advertising is illegal. Except for the gaming industry.

This is actually true. Even with movies, while they can over hype it, can't recall seeing trailers offer parts of the movie that just aren't there. You buy any other product and you can prove that the advertising is false with no attempt to correct it from the makers, it is fairly easy to get compensation/refunds. Even though Steam lets you refund, it is nearly impossible to know what is lacking from a game compared to the press/developer statements, in two hours.

• 1Like

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'd been looking forward to this game for a long, long time. I'm glad I held off on the preorder, but it's staying in my wishlist for now as I'm hoping it gets fleshed out over time. It seems like yet another game that just released too early.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
you fanboys are so gullible. Soon you'll be paying for DLC's adding features that should have been in the game in the first place, and you think it's gonna be the greatest thing

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Agreed, just torrent it for free right now!

Ive suggested that for people on the fence or butthurt about the game.

Its on GOG.com so like....drm free copies are everywhere for free I'm sure.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's not exactly a great history between this forum and Sony either, so whether the missing and mis-advertised content is Sean's fault (I would say it's like 95% his fault) or Sonys, it should warrant equal criticism. Whether it was one thing or 30 things, it's still false advertising, verbatim promises that are just missing with no head's up, no notification, no anything. The people that actually do more research before buying the game could potentially end up with a false view of the game - that's never how that should work. Again, I'm not saying everyone buying and playing the game and getting enjoyment out of it are troglodytes of the lowest caliber and should be taking out of the gene pool, I'm saying that not holding a person and company responsible is exactly why game developers get away with more bullshit than almost every other industry in the world. I enjoyed EQ back in the day but joined to ranks of people bitching about undelivered things even while logged into and playing the dumb game. They are not mutually exclusive actions or emotions.

re: the game being announced at $60/DLC prices etc., the game was actually originally $30 or $40 briefly (can't remember which) before being bumped up to $60. And then all future updates and content were supposed to be included, and now he says "wellllllllllllllll, maybe there'll be some charged content" which I guess if you read it the same way he talked about multiplayer that means there won't be :p If there's even a hint of a big paid for expansion or DLC though, all the more reason to wait to buy.

spronk

FPS noob
when you watch star trek TNG if you...

wish you could be like data and spend months just wandering around planets cataloging every single thing without the rest of the annoying crew bothering you with shit like "there's no oxygen!" and "i'm so lonely" then buy NMS
wish you could be like riker and bang alien chicks while troi strokes your beard then buy Witcher 3
wish you could be like worf and kill endless aliens with your bath'leth in the holodeck while hiding out from your son WhatsHisName then buy Battlefield 1
wish you could be like picard and make treaties with alien ambassadors while playing the flute for them then buy Civ 6

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
This game will be free with PSplus in 18-24 months.

I'll wait.

I don't regret buying it at $60, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone I know at that price. Based on the Steam stats, you'll probably be finding decent deals on this game relatively quickly. For anyone who isn't absolutely gung ho I'd definitely rent the PS4 version or check out the GoG version first, before spending the money. It literally is a extremely niche indie game being sold and marketed as some sort of AAA blockbuster.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
This happens all the fucking time lol

Really? Granted I don't watch trailers that often, but there are trailers featuring scenes that are not in the released movie?

Before I hit post, I googled.

Found Footage: 25 Trailers That Tease Missing Scenes

Yes, you are correct. So increase it from gaming to the entertainment industry then. Granted, still think the problem is larger in gaming since misrepresenting game mechanics and visuals have a much larger impact on the product as a whole than a missing scene.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Suicide Squad had a shit load of scenes in the trailers that didn't make the final cut of the film because apparently the studio flipped out of Batman V Superman being less than stellar and went insane in the editing room.

Artists oversell their work/talents all the time.