No Man's Sky

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Temperatures are way off in my universe. -65c as a daytime high and liquid water no ice. I'll give them the large trees and assume they are slow growing but water should be frozen.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Well, balls.
Someone pointed out
Some stuff I wish they'd add / change:

Default run speed is way to slow. Should be the run speed at default. The fucking planets are massive.

Planetary map is necessary. I'm flying a space shit capable of mapping the galaxy, i should be able to do a fly by on the planet and get a map showing where Iv'e been and where I want to go. Even if you unlock a few of the map sections through exploration or hitting those machines you hack to show you were things are. Don't care, just want a map.

Same thought as above for the system map.
They are doing some funky things with the planets' surfaces, I think, which is why they aren't giving us maps: It would ruin whatever tricks they are doing. Totally sucks, though, and I agree completely: Just make them in the ballpark of the first Mass Effect and we can call this a day. My first system consisted of an 1)irradiated fungal desert, 2)a world with a barren surface, mineral rich with a thriving cave system, easy to survive on, 3) a lush green world that was toxic as all hell. Cute tomato creatures so far, "Cloudy with a chance of deadly toxic meatballs". Story is ok and I love the idea of this game, but I can see myself going to back to Total War Warhammer after playing 60-80 hours of it, unless I get more hooks into the story, or the game gets its hooks more into me.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Since I am an old man now I did not stay up to midnight to start the game. I did however play some this morning and it seems fun, actually the whole "just 5 more min, I need that carbon over there" kicked in so much that I arrived at the office 30 min late lol.

(Probl mostly the new shiney game syndrome, but I need to get some beer and clear the evening for this).

spronk

FPS noob
Run speed tip: I was just watching a stream and if you sprint, melee then jetpack you can increase speed.

here's what it looks like when you do it right

GIF2d12e5.gif

sprint, melee and press jetpack button and throttle it to control your height (stay off ground obviously). way, way faster than just walking around.

BTW on PS4, sprint is mapped to R3 which is kinda annoying. You can't remap inside the game, but you can global remap in the PS4 accessibility settings. The game really feels like its written for KB/M, and controls kinda shitty (except when flying) with gamepad.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
For the run speed tip, you don't actually have to be running. The melee action propels you forward (or backward actually depending on direction you are moving). All you have to do is hold forward, melee, then jetpack. You can super boost around that way, and while your jetpack recharges you will have a full sprint meter to keep going.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
From what I have gathered you can actually use an USB keyboard with this?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
When are people finding the atlas thingie that opens locks? Still haven't found one and past the first atlas station which was like 10 jumps from my starting world.

From that point you get another Atlas destination, a couple of solar systems away on the way to the next Atlas checkpoint you will find an anomaly/derelict ship with some guys that teach you how to make Atlas pass lvl 1. I just got that and called it a night.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
From that point you get another Atlas destination, a couple of solar systems away on the way to the next Atlas checkpoint you will find an anomaly/derelict ship with some guys that teach you how to make Atlas pass lvl 1. I just got that and called it a night.

I'm having trouble getting into this chain of events. Must be something I've missed in all my restarts.

My goal today is to get this done somehow.

Juvarisx

Florida
Haha holy crap do not go into the NMS reddit. Man did people really not understand what this game was going to be.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I hear they were having meltdowns last night, threats of class action lawsuits over the multiplayer, etc.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I hear they were having meltdowns last night, threats of class action lawsuits over the multiplayer, etc.

What multiplayer? I read this morning, I think on Kotaku that 2 players were on the same planet, at the same spot and they couldn't see each other.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yes, that's what I mean.

Sorry if I was unclear.

They were threatening lawsuits over the lack of multiplayer.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
While I don't care about multiplayer and I could tell by the way they were avoiding solid answers(and no PS+ etc), there would be no multiplayer, it's still pretty shitty that they just don't come out and say what the fuck their game is capable of. Even after the two players confirmed you can't see or interact at all with other players, they are still babbling vague answers. I guess they don't want to put PC sales in jeopardy. Here's the response from the dev on the two players thing(read from bottom up):

ewbz3uhy8iex.png

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
I dunno when I read this isnt a multiplayer game and doesn't have multiplayer features I understand that it isn't

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah the problem is that there were several interviews where people said to him things about multiplayer, and he would answer "Yes" but start looking down and away and honestly. he shouldn't have done that stuff.

He should have been more straight forward about it from the get go.

A lot of people did think this was going to be a 3d version of Starbound basically.

For instance in this interview