[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Arakkis

N00b
Wow a lot of you are joyless fucks. That entire trailer was amazing.

And to those of you hating on the hand guard lightsaberwatch this video.Obv you wouldn't grab the blade with your second hand, but those things are as much weapons as they are protective. The actual move starts at 1:30.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The whole trailer was amazing? 1/3 of it was sand dunes and black screen.

You and I have different definitions of amazing.

Column_sl

shitlord
They leaked a photo of the Sith on oct 28th

rrr_img_83614.jpg

Source

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/10/st...-viis-bad-guy/

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I think the people here that weren't impressed by the trailer are probably younger folks that had the prequel episodes for their childhoods, and not the mystique and amazement of growing up with the original trilogy as a kid. If you were a kid in the late 70s or early 80s, that shit was magical. Nothing was bigger than Star Wars, and this trailer brings out those feelings again. I could see where if your Star Wars experience was watching the original movies decades after the fact, you wouldn't have as much of an emotional tie to something like the Mellinnium Falcon, or the John Williams music. That shit was EVERYWHERE in the late 70s and early 80s. Collectible glasses at Burger King, TV holiday specials, aisle after aisle after aisle of Star Wars toys in every Toy Store/Sears/Wal-Mart on Earth. Looking at the Sears Wish Book for Christmas and seeing all the badass playsets they had arranged for the pictures was the most exciting event leading up to Christmas as a kid. The prequels didn't have the staying power, they had HUGE pre-release hype and toys but then it went over like a wet fart, that shit was gone in short order.

I'd be willing to bet most people in the 35-45 age range loved the trailer, and most people under 30 were probably underwhelmed.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think the people here that weren't impressed by the trailer are probably younger folks that had the prequel episodes for their childhoods, and not the mystique and amazement of growing up with the original trilogy as a kid. If you were a kid in the late 70s or early 80s, that shit was magical. Nothing was bigger than Star Wars, and this trailer brings out those feelings again. I could see where if your Star Wars experience was watching the original movies decades after the fact, you wouldn't have as much of an emotional tie to something like the Mellinnium Falcon, or the John Williams music. That shit was EVERYWHERE in the late 70s and early 80s. Collectible glasses at Burger King, TV holiday specials, aisle after aisle after aisle of Star Wars toys in every Toy Store/Sears/Wal-Mart on Earth. Looking at the Sears Wish Book for Christmas and seeing all the badass playsets they had arranged for the pictures was the most exciting event leading up to Christmas as a kid. The prequels didn't have the staying power, they had HUGE pre-release hype and toys but then it went over like a wet fart, that shit was gone in short order.

I'd be willing to bet most people in the 35-45 age range loved the trailer, and most people under 30 were probably underwhelmed.
Really good post. Just seeing the Millenium Falcon again got me in the feels. I'm 39.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Good then I can watch the movies.

I get the idea behind the crossguard, except it looks complete nonfunctional because the emitters just create a little blade catch to make sure if you use it the entire hilt gets cut apart...

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I remember as a kid, only 1 house on our street had HBO. One summer (probably 81-82ish?) HBO finally started showing Star Wars, and it was on once a day. Every kid on my street between the ages of 5 and 12 dropped what they were doing for 2 hours, every day that summer, to congregate at that 1 kids house in front of a 25" TV to watch Star Wars. It didn't matter if you were in the middle of a fierce game of freeze tag, or playing Atari, or playing kickball. Everyone stopped, ran home and got their star wars toys/plastic light sabers, and hauled them all to that kids house to act out every scene of Star Wars while we watched it for those 2 hours. Once it was over, life resumed as usual, but that happened EVERY DAY for months. There was no stopping it.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah joeboo pretty much nailed it. While I didn't find the trailer to be amazing necessarily, it did strike some very old chords that haven't been struck in quite some time.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
This wins

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I've seen a lot of stupid complaints from millennials but I've also seen dudes in their 40s whine about the soccer ball droid is cutesy shit designed to sell toys or how the lightsaber with a guard isn't part of Star Wars canon despite the fact that the movies don't really address lightsaber design.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm shocked there are not more of the rolling ball type droid, has to be a lot easier to get around like that, then with wheels. especially in a desert place like Tatooine.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So that saber could be
a Sith artifact, since we know this baddie is supposedly collecting them, such as the remains of Vader's mask. Maybe its a saber from a more primitive time. We know that EU sourcing would point to Sith being later adopters of lightsabers so theirs were behind the development curve at first since they stuck with physical blades for longer.

Not really sure how much is considered a spoiler in this thread. I guess that's a minor supposedly leaked plot point.

Nonetheless, its a fucking claymore, its main blade is longer. And look at the size of the handle, seems thicker, and nearly as long as Maul's double bladed saber handle.
Agreed that the saber is probably some kind of relic. Unless the emperor or Vader had a secret apprentice, this new sith would be learning from and arming himself with ancient sith traditions.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Agreed that the saber is probably some kind of relic. Unless the emperor or Vader had a secret apprentice, this new sith would be learning from and arming himself with ancient sith traditions.
It certainly doesn't have the classic light saber sound. It sounds much more crude. It's possible that this masterless Sith hasn't yet gotten to the point of being able to craft their own weapon, so they're relying on older existing tech.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I've seen a lot of stupid complaints from millennials but I've also seen dudes in their 40s whine about the soccer ball droid is cutesy shit designed to sell toys or how the lightsaber with a guard isn't part of Star Wars canon despite the fact that the movies don't really address lightsaber design.
I don't think anyone should really care, except that itlooksnonfunctional. You would just get the crossguard cut off.

iannis

Musty Nester
The pommel is for stabbing people with, not deflecting another lightsaber. He's got three ways to stab a bitch.

That's my take on it at least. It's not an elegant weapon, and I bet we see him use it exactly that way.

Much better than that craptacular light quarterstaff goblinface crap.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
/shrug

I thought the teaser looked pretty cool. It's Star Wars, not Tolstoy so I'm not going to over analyze the little shit in it.