[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I don't think anyone should really care, except that itlooksnonfunctional. You would just get the crossguard cut off.
Many of the arguments against this new design assume that the guard isn't sheathing parts of the smaller blades. The metal (or whatever material it is) is there to prevent the user from slicing his fingers off during thrusting actions.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think the people here that weren't impressed by the trailer are probably younger folks that had the prequel episodes for their childhoods, and not the mystique and amazement of growing up with the original trilogy as a kid. If you were a kid in the late 70s or early 80s, that shit was magical. Nothing was bigger than Star Wars, and this trailer brings out those feelings again. I could see where if your Star Wars experience was watching the original movies decades after the fact, you wouldn't have as much of an emotional tie to something like the Mellinnium Falcon, or the John Williams music. That shit was EVERYWHERE in the late 70s and early 80s. Collectible glasses at Burger King, TV holiday specials, aisle after aisle after aisle of Star Wars toys in every Toy Store/Sears/Wal-Mart on Earth. Looking at the Sears Wish Book for Christmas and seeing all the badass playsets they had arranged for the pictures was the most exciting event leading up to Christmas as a kid. The prequels didn't have the staying power, they had HUGE pre-release hype and toys but then it went over like a wet fart, that shit was gone in short order.

I'd be willing to bet most people in the 35-45 age range loved the trailer, and most people under 30 were probably underwhelmed.
I'm 29. As soon as the Falcon appears, you hear the scream of the TIEs, and the music kicks it, I just about jizzed my eyeballs. The people here nitpicking fucking aesthetics, in a 2 second shot, have to be some of the most miserable people on the planent.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Maybe the crossguard basically IS nonfunctional, and it's just a relic from a time when the first lightsabers were built to mimic older swords.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'm 29. As soon as the Falcon appears, you hear the scream of the TIEs, and the music kicks it, I just about jizzed my eyeballs. The people here nitpicking fucking aesthetics, in a 2 second shot, have to be some of the most miserable people on the planent.
That part makes a smile break out across my face every time I see it. If that doesn't just reach out and squeeze you in the feels, then you're not a Star Wars fan in the first place.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
kcaayefbgskclrd31luz.gif

oh lawd_zpstya0sjza.gif

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I know I am the only one that thought that scene with the millennium falcon looked CGI.

I prefer the old style " Empire strikes back asteroid feel" look.....and I realize it will never be that way again.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really? Compared to the Jurassic World trailer CGI I thought it looked very realistic. And they are definitely using some practical effects here where possible.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Some are saying that the sith lightsaber isn't a crossguard but rather an older version of a lightsaber and the two parts on the side are "heat vents" and that is why they look more like fire and why the main blade is more unstable / has lightning effects in it.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
why don't the Siths just buy some AK47s for Jedi hunting purposes? I'd like to see a Jedi dodge a motherfucking extendo aimed at his ass

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if thats a crude light saber then when Luke constructed his first light saber why wasnt his light saber crude like that one?

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
This part is my one gripe about the trailer. Millenium Falcon vs. Tie Fighters is all good, but the goddamn awful "camera" spinning is 100% bullshit. The stabalized version shows really clearly that the spinning is nothing but a cheezy gimmick to make that scene appear to be more exciting and action packed than it actually is. If Abrams wants the MF to be as nimble as a balerina, then he should choreograph some goddamn MF dance maneuvers. What we saw instead was a cheap and dirty lie.