[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Cybsled

That scene would be awesome in IMAX. God, this forum almost ranks next to Aintitcool news talkback in terms of cynical, joyless fucks.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
What we saw so far is totally half-assed.FUCK YOU FOR HAVING SUCH LOW EXPECTATIONS THAT THAT SKANK ASS BULLSHIT MADE YOU BLOW YOUR LOAD.
I may not have been clear, but the caps lock portion was me imitating others who were "right on".

I don't appreciate being called some joyless fuck for not getting excited over nothing. These same dipshits were probably the ones clapping and cheering when the credits rolled during Phantom Menace, because that's what half the theater did because people are fucking stupid.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I may not have been clear, but the caps lock portion was me imitating others who were "right on".

I don't appreciate being called some joyless fuck for not getting excited over nothing. These same dipshits were probably the ones clapping and cheering when the credits rolled during Phantom Menace, because that's what half the theater did because people are fucking stupid.
Yeah, sorry, I misunderstood the caps lock as an actual legitimate response.

Honestly, I'm not all that worked up about it. But it's still disappointing seeing something that over-produced to the point that there's more "polish" there than there is substance. And that's what I see in that MF shot.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Boy, I bet you fucking yokels are about as fun to hang out with as Mist.

Feien

Ploppers
This part is my one gripe about the trailer. Millenium Falcon vs. Tie Fighters is all good, but the goddamn awful "camera" spinning is 100% bullshit. The stabalized version shows really clearly that the spinning is nothing but a cheezy gimmick to make that scene appear to be more exciting and action packed than it actually is. If Abrams wants the MF to be as nimble as a balerina, then he should choreograph some goddamn MF dance maneuvers. What we saw instead was a cheap and dirty lie.
Under this logic all movies should have stabilized shots, or better yet, no camera movement. Anything else would be a cheap and dirty lie
rolleyes.png

They've shown us 60 seconds of the movie with no context... approximately 1/120th of the movie and we're already bitching.

Column_sl

shitlord
Did these nerds just go from chimping out about crossbars on a lightsaber to raging over them flipping the camera on the Falcon scene?

Reminds me of those old Harlan Ellison interviews where he goes on, and on how everything in Star Wars didn't make any sense at all.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Under this logic all movies should have stabilized shots, or better yet, no camera movement. Anything else would be a cheap and dirty lie
rolleyes.png

They've shown us 60 seconds of the movie with no context... approximately 1/120th of the movie and we're already bitching.
I know you're trying to intentionally say something stupid, but you're really not that far from the truth. Shaky cams and split second jump cuts are absolutely overused gimmicks, and the original Star Wars trilogy would not have been as good if those cheap techniques were used back then.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, It's over-produced apparently. A fucking Star Wars movie, is over-produced.....
Remember when Lucas tried to "Enhance" the original trilogy and ended up just taking a CGI dump all over everything? Yes, over-production is a real thing that people with brains may sometimes have opinions about.

Column_sl

shitlord
I know you're trying to intentionally say something stupid, but you're really not that far from the truth. Shaky cams and split second jump cuts are absolutely overused gimmicks, and the original Star Wars trilogy would not have been as good if those cheap techniques were used back then.
You mean like screen wipes?? the most over used film transition until the last 30 years when Flilmakers were like this is retarded as all hell.

If anything over used gimmicky shots, and transitions are a staple of Star Wars..

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Remember when Lucas tried to "Enhance" the original trilogy and ended up just taking a CGI dump all over everything? Yes, over-production is a real thing that people with brains may sometimes have opinions about.
That's not why people had a problem with the enhanced version, well most people at least. I would never speak for a dipshit like you.