NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

spronk

FPS noob
I currently have bots crawling 9 of the major online distributors. Plan to have at least 20 by the time it launches. You will pay me $1200 for an RTX 3080 and you will do it with a smile on your face.

all it takes is one dude to scam you on ebay by claiming item is not genuine, returning to you a brick, ebay sides with buyer (almost always) and you have pretty much lose your profit margin on 10 cards

but good luck, i'm sure that won't happen to you

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those are workstation cards. They aren't for gaming. The drivers for them aren't even optimized for gaming.

Aye, we have Quadros in most of the workstations at the office, or FirePros from AMD. We use them for Autocad and some of the other programs Autodesk sells (Infrastructure works, Civil 3d, 3dsmax, etc, etc.). I have a few games loaded on to some of those machines. They can run the games well enough, but max settings and high fps isn't possible except for older games.

Last edited:

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
all it takes is one dude to scam you on ebay by claiming item is not genuine, returning to you a brick, ebay sides with buyer (almost always) and you have pretty much lose your profit margin on 10 cards

This is like the 1998 understanding of how eBay works.

spronk

FPS noob
This is like the 1998 understanding of how eBay works.

two simple examples from the past year, along with using hacked eBay accounts and stolen credit cards that can get charged back up to 6 months later, its an extremely common 2020 scam for phones, GPUs, and laptops

literally dozens of posts every day from sellers complaining about scam buyers with whom ebay almost universally always sides, especially since eBay and Paypal split up in 2018

let us know when you put your eBay listings up though

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah on second thought send me a PM when you have some for sale. I may even take two.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
two simple examples from the past year, along with using hacked eBay accounts and stolen credit cards that can get charged back up to 6 months later, its an extremely common 2020 scam for phones, GPUs, and laptops

literally dozens of posts every day from sellers complaining about scam buyers with whom ebay almost universally always sides, especially since eBay and Paypal split up in 2018

let us know when you put your eBay listings up though
Not going to bother reading these but they're most likely morons who didn't take the steps to cover their ass. There's some simple but critical documentation you need to perform to cover your ass and if you do that you're golden. I used to flip sneaker releases fairly regularly and as you can probably imagine there's plenty of American Inventors out there who will try to get cute. I got paid every time.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1OK, Sure

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
eBay recently moved to a "no questions" asked return policy as long as you describe the product as "Not As Described". There have been tons of stories, but essentially what happens is you buy shipping for the return item and never ship it back in eBay's automated system dishes out returns. It's a fucking scamfest now. Never was scammed until they instituted this bullshit. Luckily it was for some cheap fucking headphones.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Aye, we have Quadros in most of the workstations at the office, or FirePros from AMD. We use them for Autocad and some of the other programs Autodesk sells (Infrastructure works, Civil 3d, 3dsmax, etc, etc.). I have a few games loaded on to some of those machines. They can run the games well enough, but max settings and high fps isn't possible except for older games.

Since RTX Nvidia have improved the gaming on Quadro. They can run games at high fps and probably max settings if you have a card that's capable. Quadro Experience has a section devoted to games and game settings for gamers.

Even before RTX you could game well on high end Quadros with the bog standard drivers, they tended to be 5-10% less fps than their GeForce counterparts but 2-3x as expensive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really hope this shit isn't backlogged for 6 months. I just want to finish my PC, and I'm not paying a scalper.
If the FBI can raid mask and disinfection spray hoarders, they should also raid video card scalpers. It's basically the same level of a daily life necessity

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'm not sure how the law works for in the US in this scenario, but here the DA wouldn't give a shit about how ebay resolves it and if you have sufficient proof as a seller (i.e. you open suspicious return packages like that in front of two witnesses and with a camera running only), they'd be facing criminal charges.

ebay scammers have repeatedly been convicted in the past here.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

This is interesting, FPS counter on the top right. Now im really wanting to see a 2080ti vs 3090 video.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since RTX Nvidia have improved the gaming on Quadro. They can run games at high fps and probably max settings if you have a card that's capable. Quadro Experience has a section devoted to games and game settings for gamers.

Even before RTX you could game well on high end Quadros with the bog standard drivers, they tended to be 5-10% less fps than their GeForce counterparts but 2-3x as expensive.

Didn't know that, didn't really look into it though. We have to use certified drivers for our setup and they tend to be old and slower, but very, very stable. AutoCad is a crash monster if it isn't set up properly and stable drivers are key. Also our newer stations have FirePros which work well enough for the work we do. AMD's cards are much more stable than they use to be and a better price.

May play around with one of the idle stations here at the office a bit to see what kind of fps I can get with the newer dirvers. Since covid the office is empty, just me and the servers. I sent then engineers home with their workstations.

Looking at buying a lidar drone or two for a new job coming up. Lidar data sets are huge, especially for the work we do. Will have to build a more powerful workstation to handle the load. I'll look into getting a Quadro in that one.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I really hope this shit isn't backlogged for 6 months. I just want to finish my PC, and I'm not paying a scalper.

Absolutely will be. The earliest I have ever gotten my hands on a newly released video card was 2 months. That was with the 1080ti. With this generational leap, it will be at least that.

• 1Rustled

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Microcenter is an hour away, ill just take a day off and go grab one in person

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Microcenter is an hour away, ill just take a day off and go grab one in person
My brother is like 6 miles from the Denver Microcenter - lucky prick. All I've got around me is a damned Best Buy and they carry basically nothing pc related

• 1Solidarity

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im certain BB will have atleast 3080s on release day - likely limited to just a few per store but they should have them also. All the bestbuys around me carry some gpus and ram/SSDs etc - just a small section near the video game consoles.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Didn't know that, didn't really look into it though. We have to use certified drivers for our setup and they tend to be old and slower, but very, very stable. AutoCad is a crash monster if it isn't set up properly and stable drivers are key. Also our newer stations have FirePros which work well enough for the work we do. AMD's cards are much more stable than they use to be and a better price.

May play around with one of the idle stations here at the office a bit to see what kind of fps I can get with the newer dirvers. Since covid the office is empty, just me and the servers. I sent then engineers home with their workstations.

Looking at buying a lidar drone or two for a new job coming up. Lidar data sets are huge, especially for the work we do. Will have to build a more powerful workstation to handle the load. I'll look into getting a Quadro in that one.

Had to play games on Quadro as I needed 10 bit colour for print work (RTX now uses 10 bit). Yes the drivers are very smooth, actually found gaming on a P4000 superior to gaming on a 1070 as frames seemed more consistent in many games.

You don't get all the bells and whistles on older drivers but with the Quadro Experience stuff that's changing, it's basically the same shit as GeForce Experience wrapped up for a corporate clientele.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Im certain BB will have atleast 3080s on release day - likely limited to just a few per store but they should have them also. All the bestbuys around me carry some gpus and ram/SSDs etc - just a small section near the video game consoles.

I have a Frys electronics nearby, I may just do this as well. I wish we knew the official day though. This secret release thing is annoying me.