NVidia GeForce RTX 50x0 cards - 70% performance increase, but AI > you

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
PC gaming isn't dying as long as retards show up in droves to spend $2000 on a GPU for a game market that churns out shitty games nonstop

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
AND a typical goal post shift.

You're talking about very different things because your premise is detached from reality. You'll keep raising your pedantic assertions until you find a technicality of language then declare victory while ignoring the original principals of the argument. This leads me to believe you are a useful idiot.
He's merely a plain idiot, and about as useful as tits on a pile of cat shit. One quickly learns to file his comments into the trash with the rest of the garbage.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
PC gaming isn't dying as long as retards show up in droves to spend $2000 on a GPU for a game market that churns out shitty games nonstop
I didn't pay $2000 for a GPU. Or $1000. But my new PC came with an excellent usage of the PC none-the-less in the form of Space Marine.

spacemarine2_sky_hisl_reshade.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
There's been some super amazing games lately, I dunno what you're on about. Yea the bad ones seem to be getting even worse, however the fuck that's possible, but 95% of games have always been total shit.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
There's been some super amazing games lately, I dunno what you're on about. Yea the bad ones seem to be getting even worse, however the fuck that's possible, but 95% of games have always been total shit.

Name one you need a 2k GPU to play that isn’t just poorly optimized at 60 fps. Maybe I’m old :) But just curious.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Name one you need a 2k GPU to play that isn’t just poorly optimized at 60 fps. Maybe I’m old :) But just curious.
All the Sony ports run fantastic. Both GoW, both Horizon games, FF redux whatever, all run at insane framerates at high resolutions, HDR, etc.

Meanwhile, FromSoft games run like dogshit on PC except for Armored Core because Armored Core is actually a super low poly game under the hood by modern standards.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
All the Sony ports run fantastic. Both GoW, both Horizon games, FF redux whatever, all run at insane framerates at high resolutions, HDR, etc.

Meanwhile, FromSoft games run like dogshit on PC except for Armored Core because Armored Core is actually a super low poly game under the hood by modern standards.

Interesting. I do not have any issues running Elden ring on PC on a 2070gtx 3700x at 1440p. Nor did I with the Darksouls remake or Dark Souls 3. Elden Ring even with the coop mod.

Burns

Elden Ring was playable on my GTX970...

Starfield was the worst so far, of modern AAA games I've played. Good thing it was trash so it didn't matter.

Ghosts of Tsushima with FS3 on was certainly the best performing game, so I guess that falls under Sony port?

Last edited:

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Elden Ring was playable on my GTX970...

Starfield was the worst so far, of modern AAA games I've played. Good thing it was trash so it didn't matter.
I was getting 70fps on a scene which was an interview with the secret jailed black dude against a white background. GPU at 100% for a shitty poly face against a flash bang.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My point is there really haven't been games that require the latest GPU for awhile. Seems to me everything is stagnated.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is a good thing.

The last time I upgraded my PC was six years ago. Maybe this time I can go eight years without upgrading?
Nahh, even though I dont follow consoles, Im betting some new fresh consoles are on the horizon, its been 5 yrs now? And if they drop within the next few years the fidelity of graphics will surely raise again. I think the new norm will become 4K 120fps. Because lets face it, most consoles are plugged into 4K sets now, some of which are sporting 250+ refresh rates now. It might not affect those still using 2K or 1080p on PC. But you know you will want to upgrade at that point.

My PC is circa 2020, time of COVID and video card shortages so I had to resort to a pre-built one, first time since like forever just to score a 3070. Its been running great but its showing its age now too with some of the new titles. The saving grace is AMD frame generation tech in the games that utilize it. It pretty much adds like 50fps. In 2077 latest patch I went from like 90fps to 170. Crazy.

Last edited: