Overwatch

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm a little curious what it would be like if I created a new account, only played characters I was really shitty on (Hello Genji!) to see how poorly I could rank, and then try to climb and see if I could. I don't really want to spend $40 to try though

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Haha, probably is his actual voice actor though. I know I have seen videos of Winston and McCree doing shit like that. The fact that it was his actual name kinda tips it off I would think.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Haha, probably is his actual voice actor though. I know I have seen videos of Winston and McCree doing shit like that. The fact that it was his actual name kinda tips it off I would think.

I thought it was a soundboard up until the point where he had responses to things he wouldn't on something like that. Pretty funny though.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Iunno, I mean a lot of people have the name Junkrat. Insert any other character too.
Search Results - Overbuff - Overwatch Statistics

I don't think it sounds dead on, but pretty fucking good. Who knows, though, until something is actually said from the VA himself. It could easily be something as simple as a studio performance vs improv.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
You guys are bringing up decent points and most people try to learn and get better while attempting to figure out what they did wrong. However, there is clearly an issue with the matchmaking since people are fluctuating over 1000 points up or down just reading from the forums here. Also there is an issue of smurf accounts and other shit that throws this game off. Also when you are playing QP they just don't use the ranking metric, you can throw me up against NBA players and when they dominate my ass you can turn to me and say "git gud" but that's only going to cause people to never return. My statement was I wish the games were more balanced and I was playing people with my skill level, but if I am playing a game at 2400 and some deranked 3500 genji is just slaughtering the team or some guy is abusing his gold level friend to cheese the matchmaker and wiping the team it isn't exactly an enjoyable experience.

One thing to consider is that most players are not consistent. Their A game may be 3000 but their "tired and had a beer game" may be 2000. Mental and physical consistency is something that must be practiced.

Xevy

Log Wizard
One thing to consider is that most players are not consistent. Their A game may be 3000 but their "tired and had a beer game" may be 2000. Mental and physical consistency is something that must be practiced.

I think this. People see their "highest" rank and think "well, obviously I should always be at that level or higher!" In reality, that just might've been their ACTUAL peak performance and they can't maintain that. Also people who play drunk/high and shit and wonder why their comp scores suck should fuck right off. Being slightly drunk or high doesn't make you better, it makes you THINK you're better. There IS a difference and your team will be able to tell you.

Go play no limits heros and just have a gigglefest with the 6 winstons vs 6 symmetras and shit.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Iunno, I mean a lot of people have the name Junkrat. Insert any other character too.
Search Results - Overbuff - Overwatch Statistics

I don't think it sounds dead on, but pretty fucking good. Who knows, though, until something is actually said from the VA himself. It could easily be something as simple as a studio performance vs improv.

Oh, my bad i'm a console pleb so had no clue multiple ppl could use the same name. He nailed the laugh but the cursing and BMing might be frowned upon at Bliz so who knows I guess. Either way, I would of been cracking the fuck up. That team was full of squares.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Haven't played this since launch and started playing a bit to kill time. Sombra is fun as shit, wish I didn't suck ass with her though.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
possibly real?
DuMfOqx.jpg

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I wish he didn't say that, because he is right just by reading the title.

I'm trying to read it, but can't with his meme usage, but I know where hes going. People just tend to think that 76 is the solidified pharah swatter, when it simply isn't the case.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider

Pretty sure those are leaked skins for the upcoming "Year of the Rooster" Chinese New Year event for Overwatch. Those four skins right here are based on famous chinese legend "Journey to the West" (probably four legendaries) and there are also epic skins for Mei and D.va.

Chinese New Year starts on 28th January so we should know soon.

Cybsled

Those Journey to the West skins are pretty badass, especially the Rein and Zen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hadn't really thought about this before, but it looks like the 144hz option in Overwatch draws a bit more load on the GPU. My GPU temp at 144hz has been hovering at 87c, which is causing some stuttering and other issues. I'm running this on a Asus ROG laptop with all the settings on minimum. Just going from 144hz to 120hz has dropped the temp to 80, but I'm still seeing some serious issues. I've also capped my FPS in game to 120, hasn't helped, though.

Anyone have any software/setting/trick type options for making this run cooler? I'm thinking of just placing my laptop right next to my window, but I'm worried about damage from moisture.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hadn't really thought about this before, but it looks like the 144hz option in Overwatch draws a bit more load on the GPU. My GPU temp at 144hz has been hovering at 87c, which is causing some stuttering and other issues. I'm running this on a Asus ROG laptop with all the settings on minimum. Just going from 144hz to 120hz has dropped the temp to 80, but I'm still seeing some serious issues. I've also capped my FPS in game to 120, hasn't helped, though.

Anyone have any software/setting/trick type options for making this run cooler? I'm thinking of just placing my laptop right next to my window, but I'm worried about damage from moisture.

Where is your intake fans for the laptop? I use to have a Gateway (LOL) that was a beast for it's time in 2008 with an 8800gt in it and it would run EVERYTHING, but the temp would literally go to 100C (snow zone in AION). So what I did was prop the back end of the laptop on a stack of books or DVD's and have it tilted to facilitate airflow underneath. It helped a TON because it also didn't sit on it's warm exhaust. It went from 100C to like 70-80C on the same stuff.