Overwatch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I see tons of lucio. Never seen a zen or if I have I wouldn't be able to tell probably. I just got my 1st one - ana - even though I'm not great with her but she's fun to play + 2 weapons.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I would buy a gold weapon for a character who has a secondary like Torb or Mercy, that way you get double the gold.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I see tons of lucio. Never seen a zen or if I have I wouldn't be able to tell probably. I just got my 1st one - ana - even though I'm not great with her but she's fun to play + 2 weapons.
i have Zen gold weapons, I have Zarya and Reaper as well! Next will probably Be Ana or Hanzo, not sure yet.

Fruit

Lord Nagafen Raider
What the deal with the gold weapons? Are they not just cosmetic? Why all the questions? Just get them for the characters you use most, no?

It's good to be contrarian, of course. That said I think there is a decent strategic connotation to such a cosmetic investment, if I see a Widow or McCree with a gold weapon for example I take them more seriously than if they don't, which is why I'd like to avoid it and put it into something stupid like Sombra.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I put mine on Sombra because I really want to play her, but honestly.. her golden gun is probably one of the best looking with the mixture of gold and colored accents based off skins. Thing I hate about most other golden guns, its just a full recolor gold and can look awful imo. I had to pick up bastion otherwise i'd hit the over the 6k cap. But I thought it was a fine pick, because he has a machine gun/gat in gold.. my other was zenyatta so I can yell taste my golden nuts.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm

i woulda picked zen but it didnt look different really.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I never really gave the brawls much attention but since I'd rather get cancer than play off-season competitive or QP I gave Mystery Heroes a play yesterday. This shit is insanely fun. Way, way better for playing casual Overwatch than QP. I played at least 3 hours of it yesterday.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I never really gave the brawls much attention but since I'd rather get cancer than play off-season competitive or QP I gave Mystery Heroes a play yesterday. This shit is insanely fun. Way, way better for playing casual Overwatch than QP. I played at least 3 hours of it yesterday.
Yeah, unless I want to practice with a specific character, I play MH.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I've been playing Hanzo alot lately and he's kind of OP, i been getting so many play of the games and im not even using my dragon most of the time to get it. His head taps are insane. He's so fun, i might have to bust him out in Comp when it starts back up!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hanzo is...a fine character, but misleading. He has the same problem I think Widowmaker/Tracer do. The person playing them gets a lot of solo picks, but in your brain you're only paying attention to what you're getting and not what you're missing. I play Hanzo only in QP and I can medal high, but I KNOW he's not as good as a soldier for my team. That's why QP gets infuriating because some Widow or Hanzo gets like 4 picks in 15 seconds and think they're amazing. In actuality it was a brief glimpse of success and the rest of the time they're very mediocre. I have games as Hanzo where 60%+ of my kills are scattershot. That means I'm not doing it right. If you're not controlling chokes with sonic and sweet headshots you're really doing a disservice to your team. Unfortunately you'll get those 15 second POTG windows and then think you're the shit again and forget the actual efficiency of your character.

What I'm saying is: don't play Hanzo in Comp unless you want to get murdered by the other team AND your team.

And yes, there are amazing Hanzos like Wraxu or Seagull, but we're not them, man. We're not them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fruit

Lord Nagafen Raider
don't play Hanzo in Comp unless you want to get murdered by the other team AND your team.

I agree with your points, I got about 50h on Hanzo in qp with ~30 accuracy which is average if not below average, and what you see in comp is really that he runs straight into a real tank/healers. In QP It's easy to get picks because they don't have a proper shielding char and solid healers focused on keeping the full 6, I main rein and I know when there is snipers to not even bother fire striking or putting my shield down if I can see them. Scatters are fine to get the majority of your kills with, if you notice Seagull gets probably half if not more with his scatters since It's a low cooldown, but even he said It's very hit or miss if you can pull off hanzo in comp. I made an alt and climbed to mid diamond using only hanzo (placed bronze so no bias to that really), a lot of the times you'll tilt your team just by picking him. What I'd say is go ahead and play him in comp but be prepared to switch, don't be the dude who sits on him all game unless you're doing really well, and obviously don't judge that by gold medals because he'll always have at least gold damage, dude throws out some serious DPS.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Wraxu ain't shit, seriously. I have only played seagull "once" so idk. And having high scatter kills is not a bad thing. It's the highest non ult burst dmg

The biggest trick to Hanzo is being commanding. Not like this is my hero kinda commanding, but letting your picks and sonic arrows being known seriously vocal commanding. If you want to play Hanzo that is.

You can play him in comp, you just gotta realize when it doesn't work, and when it works. There's never really a "wrong" pick you are as equal to your parts as a player. So if as you're not answering something as Hanzo, like the 76 or insert hero properly.. You gotta make the decision fast.

The best example I have is, gib, when 76 is holding the high ground with an Ana. I can deal with both of those 30x faster than trying to pick it apart as 76. Albeit widow can do the same thing but with Hanzo, you can continue the brawl with scattering behind rein and just all around dps.

Regardless of where you play, there is a level of understanding that is fucked on both ends. People will always blame the Hanzo. Sometimes it's true, and sometimes it's not.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
yeah, certain maps are bad for hanzo. Ill even switch in quick play because its just not fun to play him on certain maps. Hollywood/Hanamura/Volksaya are good maps for him i found out. Plus his scatter shot is awesome for Reins shield, does alot of damage to it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It feels like people play versus Hanzo retarded as well. It feels like if you choose to engage you have to commit. Peek and poke doesn't work because you WILL get hit by an arrow to the skull and die in one shot while you've done 80 damage to the Hanzo. Like if he gets in mid range versus a 76 it feels like the 76 is dead unless he body shots the Helix. If you try to corner peek the Hanzo as McCree I feel that is a bad matchup. Wall-peeking with Pharah rockets is also bad. Yet I see this happen constantly. IMO the #1 rule of playing versus Hanzo is you can no longer safely peek.

I still think his kit is super frustrating, unfun and if you play him you're a weeb

Also when he has his arrow pulled back it looks like he took a dump in his pants