Overwatch

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, that's pretty much 90% Hanzo @Tenks

Happens in all elos, he's the roadhog of dps.

I find that he works relatively well on all maps, its just the composition that you are playing with and against. Ex. Running a Hanzo without Zarya is rough, but not undoable just limiting win conditions. You can run a Hanzo/genji, but it's also rough it requires exception play. It's best to pair him with something like a pharah, 76, or reaper. You can really only do double sniper on two maps relatively well, and it's usually first point only(Kings row and gib).

I have a few personal rulesets that help myself. Like do we have a Zarya? Or a tank they will focus(winston/dva), who is our healers(req atleast an Ana or Mercy) and what kinda dps/map section are we looking at.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Load up first placement game.
Going well.
Hit with 2500+ ping
Done

Fuck off

Last edited:

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
This game is full blown retarded in quick play now.

I feel like its beta again. Bastion all day every day and nobody can deal with it.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
only did like 8 placements but not seeing the bastion meta. Who gives a fuck if it holds E and doesn't move or shoot people? We'll see but haven't seen a fight change a lot due to him being a thing and seeing a lot of switches off of him after a couple rounds. Yeah I know day 1.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
only did like 8 placements but not seeing the bastion meta. Who gives a fuck if it holds E and doesn't move or shoot people? We'll see but haven't seen a fight change a lot due to him being a thing and seeing a lot of switches off of him after a couple rounds. Yeah I know day 1.
only one of the 6 i have played has bastion been any trouble, but once they adjusted he got mowed the fuck down.

Maybe as time goes on it will change, but early on, Bastion is not an issue.

Xevy

Log Wizard

It doesn't have an E. It's on Right click and it can be used while moving.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

It's not his self-repair that makes him invincible, he gets like 35% damage reduction while in Sentry or Tank configuration now.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Finished my placements:

7 wins
1 draw
2 losses

I played mostly Zarya, Mercy and some Reinhardt. On Temple of Anubis, the Bastion, Reinhardt and Mercy meta proved to be quite formidable to fight against on point B. I guess I will have to practice Genji depending on how frequently players decide to use bastion.

That being said I only dabbled with bastion for a few minutes during QP and I do have to say that I really enjoy the improvements they have made.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I played a few matches yesterday VS the new Bastion, mercy and Rein combo. I started as Lucio and did not fare well. I switched to Zen and I was able to mow through shield and the discord orb is really good VS bastion now since it now negate his ironclad ability.

No idea why people hide bastion turret behind shield now. His turret form does not headshot anymore and while his robot form normal gun does more damage it kinda lack the burst damage soldier has from his rockets. I gonna admit bastion self healing is maybe too much.

I guess I'm missing something.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
you will see, bastion is hit and miss. i know i orb'ed him as a zen and it did pretty much nothing. lol

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
No way they don't RE-rebalance Bastion, right? RIGHT!?

He literally doesn't die

That heal is pretty retarded.

I forgot the new patch included those bastion changes and I was confused as to why I was having so much trouble killing one on gengi.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I got my first quintuple kill on new Bastion last night

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Heian

Molten Core Raider
He can survive pretty much all full ult if he heal. Reaper, 76, D.Va and Phara included.

Some guy posted videos.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I dunno, I haven't seen an issue with him playing as or against. 35% damage reduction means he takes one more rocket to drop which is not an issue when you can outrange him so easily now. Genji was never an answer to half-decent Bastions so that is irrelevant :p Junkrat can still destroy him in seconds. In Recon mode S76 can still outduel him easily. He's mainly a bigger threat to fatties now which is fine, we need more tank busting. He's better but I just have yet to see a situation where he dominated or was too hard to kill.

The Mercy buff seems big so far, too. She is everywhere and tons of res all the time now.